Test Discussion EP 38 Artifact: Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

TY :D
    Hence Risk vs Reward. This just means you got to know what powers to use, when to use it, how to use it, and what artifact can work great with it. You know the artifact had two recommended pairing and none said Philosophers Stone lol
  2. Batuba Developer

I thought about adding Philosopher's Stone to that list and perhaps still should, however I wanted to keep it simple. The suggestions are necessarily the Meta or optimized build, but instead a potential way to approach the artifact.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I have a plan to use Philosopher Stone, Dead King Scepter since It gives Philosopher Stone a 10% trinket cooldown and Lernaea's Amulet.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes, because people always follow the intended way to use things... people will always try to find new ways to use what is given to use. Sometimes that leads to objects being used in ways not intended...

For example, the BoP troll artifact being able to be used with pets. Wasn’t intended and the devs even said it. Yet because it works some use it.

What’s to stop people from using power efficiency chest mod with this? Lower the power cost of moves which in return makes the players take less damage.
    • Like x 2
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It’s always cool to see a certain powerset or ability using an art in a unique way
  6. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Right now, This trinket is something noone would ever use. Making us get hurt by using our own powers for only a few seconds at a time of higher might? And most powersets best loadouts doesn't use any finishers at all....so this is really not going to be used.

And you can't parse the DPS with this b/c the parser counts the ticks you are basically hitting yourself for. So NO WAY to measure the damage against the target only to see if it really is worth it.
    • Like x 2
  7. AV Loyal Player

L O L
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Lemming DPS are already a massive blight on this game, and you’re attempting to exacerbate the issue even further? Good grief. Why? Just, why?
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You underestimate the scoreboard chasers who would sell their left foot just to get an extra 1,000 DPS. While not being optimal in solos and duos, and possibly alerts, I can definitely see people using this without their finishers and just relying on the healer(s) to heal all the damage they're doing to themselves.
    • Like x 4
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I couldn’t agree more. Why do they think this is a good idea?! I’m dreading this coming to live.
    • Like x 3
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh I'm not actually against it, I'm very interested to see how it all plays out a couple of weeks after all of this is live. I won't be using it myself as I'm happy with the current artifacts I have for DPSing, but as a Healer main...I'm very intrigued to see how different raids will be for me.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well YMMV but personally, not being able to finish content because my teammates are literally killing themselves... that sounds like a bad time.
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

This artifact will have a steep learning curve when it goes live, as some players may not be willing to take a chance on the "Risk vs. Reward" function. Healer hate is sure to rise as players who use this artifact may expect healers to do more for them, especially if a finisher for healing is not used and is not replaced by another artifact/trinket ability.

This artifact will surely test the waters of "No Healer(s) Needed for raids.
  14. Juggurnaut Level 30

Has anyone been able to get to 10 stacks without dying?
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Only on light and that’s because the finisher is part of my regular aoe rotation. This artifact might be usable on ST loadouts but for aoe it may not be that good. Also, you would have to get rid of other key artifacts.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Absolutely. That's not hard at all, even without a healer.

When you get to that point though, clipping a bunch of abilities together can KO you, depending on their power cost.
  17. Dannyro19 Active Player

I havent tested this, but with so many glass cannon DPS's out there today, this is going to be very appealing to them. Then when the tank or healer sees them drop in under a minute....facepalm.
  18. Dannyro19 Active Player

honestly this really does remind me of the glass cannon ability on diablo 2 (I think). Why not lower the players defense instead of direct hit to health?
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Probably because that would be much less risk for the same reward (unless the values were tweaked). If you have a tank around then you receive a lot less consistent damage compared to this where you're consistently damaging yourself and then you have to use a finisher to undo that damage.
  20. generalzod Committed Player

b
    ut

but what's the reward ? still waiting to see if the artifact is powerful. to the devs is this worth putting $350.00 - $400.00 into? what artifac do we replace ? so just waiting to see real results or i think the community will pass on these.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.