Dev Discussion Episode 38: Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. August Moon Well-Known Player

so say for instance your power cost is 8000. stacking it up by 10 would end costing you 80k in health ?
  2. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Thanks for the response. Also, casting Stealth or any transformation will not count towards any of these stacks, right? Because if so, using Stealth -> Surprise Attack/Supercharge at 9-10 stacks sounds like automatic death.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Could you explain why or what you mean?
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I think that is artifact will be a bit useless at Rank 200 if a healer does not have max sp in restoration available. Personally, I feel that this artifact will be generally useful at rank 160 max. This artifact has been created to be used strategically, which means it will be not be of much use in PUG raids/alerts.
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

i can honestly see natures gorilla form benefiting from the dps art since they use their finisher alot also since natures priority heal spreads to everyone with pheremones , will the shield spread to everyone as well ? or does it follow orb of arion rules and only effect the specific target and you?
  6. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

What effect do shields and such have on the might artifact's incoming self-damage?
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Overall, it sounds like a Corruption/Necromancer artifact to me. The most tankiest of tanks could, perhaps, wield it.

Waaaaaiiiiit a sec,

OOOH! OOOH! OOOH!
    [IMG]
    Are we getting a corruption/necormancer powerset? Maybe?
  8. myandria Item Storage

Good question!
    From my experience from using self-damaging powers in other games, shields usually have no effect and healing takes place after the self-damage has been fully mitigated. Healing effects are usually slower as well. This is not to say that a shield is not useful; in fact, a shield should only be used when the self-damage is over so you can heal without getting hit from mob/boss damage for a short while.

I hope that the healing capabilities of this artifact are moderately fast.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The test server is now online with these artifacts available. Please continue testing-specific feedback and comments in each artifact's thread. Thank you! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/testing-feedback.13/
  10. Vazodog New Player

• For healers with combos that also heal, would the combos also contribute to stacks or is it only the ability’s activation? (this is assuming that u get a stack by using a healing ability rather than a stack for healing over time) and for the orb of orion, does the specter heals count towards the stacks?
  11. Juggurnaut Level 30

Does the tether ever wear off? Or once I’m tethered, I’m tethered until the add(s) die? Essentially I would tether myself once and then use other powers to maintain taunt, but shouldn’t have to tether again right?

Also the lasso continuously searches for New adds. So if one did become untethered, would it pick that add up again by a “search” from a different add that isn’t untethered?

Does this artifact have the potential to grab two bosses upon initial pull? I know it specifies it only searches for additional adds.
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

The only controller type I can see handling this artifact is a Gadgets Controller, as that power-set has other things that can subdue targets effectively without wiping a group. Imagine a Mental/Hard Light Controller with this artifact; "Shudder, yuck."

On the tank side, I think this is artifact is on the path to giving tanks the much needed strong aggro presence. Players who have their characters with a "lasso" theme should be most grateful. I think the tethered enemy heal could be higher, though.
  13. August Moon Well-Known Player

14. Batuba Developer

It is possible we increase the lasso heal. For now we want to get some testing in and adjust numbers after.
    • Like x 1
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It just doesn't sound exciting to level up or waste money to advance the ranks. Heat Vision was executed almost perfect except for the fact that you can't move. As a tank, I don't personally use the Lasso I can just use another stronger single target taunt and again only when the fight requires it. The artifact for the lasso doesn't sound that too exciting. As I said you missed the opportunity to use Amazonian Deflection. I can think of some ideas it can be used for an artifact such as smashing both armbands together like Wonder Woman does in the comics, cartoon and movie.

When you need to have two tanks in an instance such as Ares or in GOM using the lasso artifact which the lasso iconic power gives a stronger taunt, the artifact says it can grab up to two or three enemies with the strong taunt. Wouldn't that be an issue? Though I do see it works with a controller, again it's 'meh'.

The dps amulet artifact sounds really good but only for a rage dps point of view lol I mean you can use the mod that gives 35% when health falls below a certain range, you can add Everyman artifact to increase your defense while your health is low, use rage mechanic to recover health, add La Mort card for the finisher artifact. Seems Rage can benefit more from this new artifact. I can't say much about the purple ray light lol

Seeing as this is a Wonder Woman DLC, the Iconic Super-Strength could have been used as well for an artifact.
  16. Fwames Well-Known Player

I think the idea of the Lasso is great for tanks but as a tank why would I sacrifice an artifact and tray slot for the Lasso?

Losing both a tank artifact and probably a shield or PI applicator decreases your survivability as a tank, hence less survivability. As far as I can surmise, the heal wouldn't do much too help especially in situations when the party is much better of not attacking (specifically in those "oh crap" moments). One of the ways that I can see myself using the Lasso would be if I am a Fire tank (obviously) and that the boss would be kitable-ish.

I wonder if the heal would scale up with resto and would crit, if that is the case then I would like to give my Fire tank one more try... On non-elite raids that is :)

On the other hand, I see great potential in this one for controllers. Controllers mostly lack an AoE pull that would be beneficial for certain situation. The ability to tether mobs to each other would be great in hallways as it would be easier for certain troll powers to chorale them for debuffs and crowd control especially with troll crowd control abilities that would scatter the mobs. The ability to tether would also be great for those "tow truck troller" moments in cases that the tank is down and the mobs need some pulling.

That said, I think the Lasso would be great for trolls except for one thing, the "Heal". Trolls are not known for their heal but for their "shields". It would be a waste of a heal if the damage would just be mitigated by a shield or two. It would be more of a help if that "heal" would turn into damage.

Turning the heal into damage for either troll or dps roles would be a great combo for Rao and Eye of Gemini. Tether "share damage" + Aoe debuffs + Eye of Gemini troll/dps supercharge would be deadly for bosses who spawns their adds regularly. They can just make the role mechanics of the Lasso the same for Eye of Gemini. Tank/healer = heal, Troll/dps = dmg, but keep the hard taunt with only the tank. I hope that they would add this mechanics for the Lasso just for it to be enjoyed by everyone just like the iconic heat vision.
  17. Brit Loyal Player

For clarification regarding the restoring power, Is it 20% of your max power, or 20% of the power cost of the heal?

And if it is based upon the cost of the power used, how does it work with Orb of Arion? 20% of the base cost for a total of 280%, or 20% of the total cost for a 240% total cost?
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Does Lernaea's Amulet mean we can die when hitting the test dummies? Because if so, this would be a good way to test it. Of course, if we're in our Lair where would we respawn. Hmmm....
  19. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

yeaaa I wont be Tanking with the lasso . finna test and see how it works with HL
  20. L T Devoted Player

Shields absorb the damage. But the damage gets so high in dps stance that casting a shield immediately or almost immediately breaks it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.