Once again "Please let's just covert the stabilizer duo into a solo"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I know I know .. Oh God another one of these thread" But hear me out for a few minutes..

First let me give a bit of back ground on myself that MAY help you understand why I tend to think I have any qualification to make the suggestion

1. He is retired with a ton of free time on his hand s and plays the game probably a lot longer than many others.

2. He's kind of a nut. Technically that duo is a once a day shot for your entire account and it hands you your fragments, a piece of furniture, and some Nth metal. But the thing only takes a little over 1 minute so he has 7 alts all working toward improving the level of their artifacts so he runs it 7 times a DAY. Only get the stabilizers once but each alt still gets that NTH metal. hey its fast and asy so why not?

Okay enough of that but as you can see while most only see that duo one time a day I see it a whole lot more.

Now I'll be totally honest the number of players just sitting at the entrance doing absolutely nothing and waiting on their reward is minimal but I have had days (and lost of them) where when the scoreboard flashes my alt has over 20,000 in damage to under 10,000 from the "other" guy.

The thing can easily be accomplished by a solo player and I am talking about not changing a thing except the requirement to have two players on the team. I mean I have had times where the other guy never moved and I did everything myself and be honest if I do 24,000+ in damage and my so called team mate did 8,000 then he spent a lot more time watching me kill stuff than he did fighting anything. LOL

There have been suggestions to just do away with the thing totally and either add those stabilizers to the vault run or just hand them out when a player logs in. I actually enjoy shooting at and beating on stuff so I have ne problem spend 65 seconds kicking the crap out of things to EARN them :eek: <--- oh my god he wants to PLAY the game LOL

Yeah yeah I know TOO LONG DID NOT READ
    • Like x 11
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Honestly. I mean, I agree. It truly doesnt bother me that other players just stand there. But I do the same thing on 4 of my alts for the Nth Metal. I'd honestly rather it just be either a solo, or take the stabilizer duo away completely, and make the Nth Metal and Fragments a daily login/daily reward type setup. Obviously the fragment would be account wide but make the Nth Metal a daily reward for all toons on your account. I dont see a downside as long as you log in to play that toon for a bit. Even if that only means running the vault, you still logged in and played. Just my opinion though
    • Like x 3
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL I look at my "insanity" as a sort of public service. I run the duo 7 times a day? that means I provide 7 players with that team mate the game requires them to have to do the mission.

Hey I am not saying EVERY player I team with does nothing. I mean come on in a week I do the thing 49 times . I see a lot of good players that get good damage.. as high as me and some even a little higher..... But there4 are a pretty good sized group not do much but watching me work. I can beat the tar out of Killer Croc in Belle Rev without an audience :D

Personally I think they hand players too much these days.. If we totally got rid of the duo add the stabilizers to the vault. you don't get attacked by anything but at least you have to enter the missions and complete the mission to leave. Not just get handed something.
  4. Lugo Well-Known Player

Why is this thing even a duo?
    • Like x 3
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Just end the stabilizer duo altogether and make the vault drop stabilizer fragments.

You can thank me later.
    • Like x 8
  6. Redwingsrock New Player

I don’t know. I go in sometimes and clear out most of the enemies by myself and the other person does more damage then I do.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Honestly if you want it to be a solo, why do you care what the other person is doing at the door, just consider it a solo, do it yourself and move on and stop worrying about what the other person is doing, you'll be happier for it.
    • Like x 6
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I agree too, sometimes waiting for someone to queue take a little time as well
    • Like x 4
  9. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

Exactly I don’t know why but the stabilizer mission always seems like first person to wipe out everyone and when I look at the duty thing where it say most damage done and stuff like that the other guy is some how the most hard hitting it pisses me of for some reason lol
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh gee let's see well how about because if it becomes a solo then no one ques up for the thing and sits around waiting for some one else to decide they want to do that mission. Not that that happens often normally takes a minute or less to get a "team" to do the thing. Still if its a solo you just click and enter .. DONE

Next you never have to deal with that growing number of players that seem to think they do not need to do anything .. Everyone else is just suppose to carry their lazy butts. Hey they want stabilizer fragments either run the solo and actually attack and defeat stuff or use that same option more and more players use.. JUST BUY THE DAMN THINGS.

Why do I care? Honestly at this point I really don't I go click on the door and step inside and start beating stuff senseless BUT I have lost track of how many threads have surfaced here on this subject so OBVIOUSLY some players dislike the fact that some players just hang around and wait to be handed something for nothing.

I've seen suggestions of setting it up so if a player doesn't do a certain amount of damage they get no reward. PREOBLEM with that? It almost forces everyone to be in DPS role. If some one tries to run the thing as a healer..... Did he use his heals and shield s to keep his team mate alive? YES but he didn't make X amount of damage so he gets nothing? Making the thing a solo eliminates the problem.

IT is a duo... THAT means it takes a "team" of two to do it. If more and more players want to sit and do nothing. make it a solo and force them to actually do some WORK to EARN a reward. Does that answer your question?
    • Like x 4
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

It Qs up fast anyways and even if the other person just stands there its easy enough to solo it so i'm fine with it either way. I find when i Q it it pops right away anyways,i think the longest i ever waited was like 30 secs.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Basically the same for me.. I do not know how it is on say Xbox with its smaller population but I really do not recall ever having to wait long to get in.. Then again if it turned into a solo as soon as a player qued up POOF your in. As I said not a huge deal but another minor plus ?

Now again, like you, I am to the point where I do not even worry about that other guy I just head through the door and start shooting stuff until the rewards drop and TRUST me there are a number of players like that these days.... hey if it takes a while to load into the mission I have had times where The other guy was already at the door and inside fighting before I got there. Then I had to use the "golden circle" to get in and help but again that's kind of the point. IF the thing is so easy half the player base is just doing it alone anyway.. WHY not just make it a solo? See the problem is too many players out there getting into the habit of letting others do all the work while they reap the rewards..

Prime example is the Luthor Zealots in the BOP Metropolis. So while one player is attacking the mob another from the other faction is clicking stuff and basically "stealing" kills. NOW there have been threads on that and the so called solution was to just do other stuff like the armored car. Problem with that? There is a feat for taking down 100 Zealots and guess what (I will use HERO side as example) IF I skip the Zealots and do armored cars guess what? Those guys are not considered Zealots and do not count toward the feat. Just one of the many things players do these days to make THEIR lives easier while some one else does all the work.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

My fave part guys? You go in clear most of the adds on your own now with my main this isn't anything but as a weaker alt it can feel like a bit of a workout and then as you are halfway through the boss your "partner" charges out of nowhere, drops an orbital and leaves immediately to the portal. The kicker? They get top boss damage, not that I really care but it is kinda amusing.
    It also won't kill most to do a quick emote before we both leave or even throw in a GG or TY in chat. I try to give a thumbs up or a gg in every duo, alert, open world bounty, raid, seasonal, duel or even if someone answers a question I thank them in shoutchat. Ya know just to make sure we're all humans playing this game and not bots. The steep drop of communication in DCUO over the years is kinda startling. I'm not asking everyone to mic up or whatever but a wave emote takes a second and yet barely anyone does these days. I know other games communicate so not sure what to make of it?
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

#3. He likes to refer to himself in third-person.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I read it, but I don't know what problem you're trying to solve.

Stabilizer duos always pop for me within a minute and most of the time it's within fifteen seconds. So time waiting is not an issue here.

And if my duo partner does nothing, it means the instance takes a minute and a half, rather than a minute. So what?

Lastly, you mention that you like to run the duo just for Nth metal and thus you have a problem doing it 7 times a day. The issue here is that your choice is, while available, not what the game is designed to encourage. It's not really reasonable to ask for the devs to cater to an extremely unorthodox play choice that maybe nobody else in the game engages in besides you.

If it turns out that thousands of players are playing stabilizer duos multiple times a day, it might be an issue, but where's any evidence of those thousands of players? I've never before seen anyone say they ran the stabilizer duo more than once a day. I'm sure there are a handful of others who do it, but more? Evidence?

So, bottom line, to repeat: I don't know what problem is being solved here other than one person's very unusual way of farming Nth metal (it's not as if it's difficult to get otherwise).
    • Like x 1
  16. MrPlumberman Active Player

I'm trying to understand why this isn't a solo. I'm tired of toxic idiots who go afk. I actively try to avoid 99% of this community as it is. I just want the option to avoid idiots in here too.
    • Like x 3
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So if you want it to be the exact same but without the other person there’s an extremely simple method to achieve that.

Use your imagination and pretend.

If that sounds too easy and you’re looking to challenge yourself, a much more difficult and less simple but ultimately more rewarding and fulfilling solution would be to learn the following invaluable life lesson. That is, that the more you focus on your goals, achievements, rewards, etc and the less you worry about others’ achievements, rewards, etc the more fulfilling you will find this world to be.

Or in other words, what Proxy said.
    • Like x 3
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Make it a solo and be done it it.
    • Like x 2
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Play it as a solo and be done with it. How is this actually a problem?
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmm where to start... Okay

First this has absolutely nothing to do with my method of grabbing a pile of Nth metal on a daily basis.

YOU what problem those of us asking for the change is about? It is about the growing number of people out there that ctually expect other players to get them stuff with out them doing a thing. See if this rings a bell for you.. WAY back when the Anniversary event began there were threads from players screaming about the worthless, USELESS, players that would join the raid, get themselves killed off quick and then just sit in the cave and let the others defeat the Anti Monitor so they could get free armor and event marks. It was considered horrible and players were demanding some way be dreamed up to stop it because "why should they get a reward for doing nothing?" So aside for team numbers and time required to complete TELL me what the difference is?

Can I complete the duo with no help from a team mate? HELL yes I have done it countless times. And YES even those missions were done in under 2 minutes. And once again WHAT is the difference? If I join an 8 man raid and one or two players hang back doing nothing while the rest of us struggle to complete the objectives is there a possibility the slackers will find themselves kicked? Heck yeah. Why? because those other 6 players get sick of carrying the useless freebie hunters. Stabilzer duo is a lot smaller and shorter but why should anyone on any day ( YOU DO REALIZE PEOPLE CAB DO THAT THING DAILY RIGHT?) So while personally I could care less most of the time and just go in and kick butt .. if I get hepl fine If not I am still done and moved on in less that 2 minutes. BUT WHY AM I HANDING SOME LOSER A FREE REWARD? hey he want stabilizer Fragment them\n let him work for them.

You may not have noticed, I am not even asking them to change the thing or tone down the difficulty. Heck I created a brand new alt not too lang ago and soloed that thing before I hit 30 level and had NO artifacts and very low augments. I had no real problem ..took a little longer than doing the same thing with a alt at CR 300+ with maxed out augments and artifacts above 180 but I killed everything and grabbed my stuff and left. BUT I PLAYED THE GAME i didn't sit on my butt waiting for some one else to finish the thing.

Make it a solo and all those worthless slackers either get off their butts and actually do something or head to the market with credit card in hand and BUY stabilizers. I get mine free and don't have to deal with them ever again.
    • Like x 1