Episode Spotlight: Metal Part II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: METAL PART II!

This week, the bonuses are going back to Episode 36: Metal Part II! Revisit this climactic episode for double the rewards at half the cost.

This week – from Thursday, July 2, 2020, through Wednesday, July 8, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Thanagarian Marks when completing instanced or mission content in Metal Part II.
    • 50% discount on Metal Part II gear at the episode vendors.
    Thanagarian Marks are used primarily to purchase gear and rewards from the Metal Part II vendors. Characters must be combat rating 276 or higher to play the episode and participate in the bonus week.

PLEASE NOTE: The episode spotlight will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 11
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Oustanding
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Super Great
    • Like x 1
  4. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

5. Trysixe New Player

Nice move
  6. Phantomv29 New Player

Not open to free and premium members?
    • Like x 2
  7. MiniMinute New Player

Is Metal Part II accessible as part of Open Episodes? I'm planning on resubbing after Open Episodes ends. I know that the 2 most recent DLC are traditionally inaccessible, and that still seems to be the case now since it says I'm missing an episode; I'm at a CR of 274 though, so I'm just curious.
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Nice event, but exhausting in the long run!
  9. Primitor New Player

the announcement said "all players" so I think its a bug =(
  10. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

So no, not a bug...
  11. Magnify23 New Player

Now waiting for the summer sale!
  12. HMBoyd Level 30

is this week available for all players or just legendary and premium players who own the dlc? my main and alt are both 276+ and it says i can’t access it because im missing an episode
  13. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

I didn’t know where to post this I’m new on here but will their be summer sale this year I know y’all can’t say but I just want to know will it be one at all ?
  14. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Real lousy move not making this open to everyone.
  15. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Not a bug? I’m level 293 and can’t get in, so not all players, not all players above 276. Must be some small print restriction too small to see or some future rationalization to be posted here.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  17. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes, I'm sure people that just got off the Brainiac Ship will enjo... Well I'm sure everyone that just got past level 30 will enj..... You can bet the players that recently bought the CR 255 skip are..... Oh damn I guess it's not "all players" huh?
    • Like x 1
  19. Sam Hatch New Player

Enjoying the bonus marks, great job
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are acting like things don't ever change. The open episode announcement was made June 3 with the 'Episodes 1-35' specification. When 36 was left out it Mepps had said (somewhere...cant' find the post) that it was because they didn't have the coding in for the 'free/premium' option. It's not unreasonable to think that a bonus week that was launched 4 weeks later for episode 36 that specifically says 'all players' with a 2nd spec of 'combat rating 276 or higher to play' is open to actual all players. It would have been super easy to put in a 3rd spec of 'must be a member or own episode 36 to participate' if that was what the plan was.

I'd guess it was supposed to be open to all, and it wasn't unlocked for the free/premium players, but as we were going into a holiday weekend, it wasn't corrected. As no Dev has commented on this either way yet, I'd think we'll see something today.

Personally I was planning on beating the heck out of the duo with my premiums at least, also thinking it was going to be open to 'all', but I've hardly run any on my paid account anyway so no biggie for me. Would probably just have hit the bounties on each toon and maybe did the 4 day Hawkgirl mission to pick up the quick 48 coins.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.