Stop the roles in the pvp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Aduzar Light, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

To have a better pvp in DCUO, shouldn't we stop the roles? So that everyone is dps in their own right, but leave the possibility to use their power as secondary roles as dps?

This would avoid the endless fight and especially this dirty cheating to pass in role because X loses in dps because once in front of tanks or heal the fight is ****** in advance and clearly unfair I do not understand how the devs can let such a thing happen.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i agree ,i'm tired of facing nothing but tanks and healers i can't damage in pvp. Its like fighting someone with god mode cheats on and its not even close to a fair fight
  3. Juggurnaut Level 30

Tank is the hardest role in the game and it’s the role least seen. Now you want to take away their advantage in pvp? Lol. Why don’t you just become a tank? Probably because it’s too hard and you don’t want to. So let them have pvp.
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

Or, we can just bring back the RPS system and role based gear -_-
    • Like x 4
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This is because of the massive power regeneration you get for being might spec, because it enables you to spam. It has nothing to do with the roles being too op or broken
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Why should someone have to switch powers to be able to compete in pvp?
    • Like x 2
  7. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

8. Juggurnaut Level 30

They don’t have to
    switch powers. If you aren’t playing your role in pvp most likely you’re going to get beat. PVP these days is all roles based. When you queue into an arena you are given the max dominance and resto that you can get. You are also given the crit heals and crit power heals. You do not need to spec any of this with skill points. Most people don’t take the time to check their stats or run the numbers to see how they’re being buffed. This allows trolls tanks and healers to spec all their damage crits, full might and power and the rest goes into health. This means dps is automatically at a disadvantage. You should be battle role in pvp. trolls with their debuffs can beat both tanks and healers. If tanks can survive long enough they can beat trolls. Tank vs healer is usually whoever manages their power better. We don’t need to get rid of roles in pvp you need to learn how to play yours.
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

FALSE i have played in troll role and most of the time your debuffs don't work and the tanks and healers still heal super fast and it takes forever to any real damage to them. I have also played pvp on alts as tank or healer and it was super easy to win but unlike you i don't want to win with cheap exploits or broken power sets,i want fair fights. If you don't think pvp is broken you have your head in the sand or you are a tank or healer and don't want your precious advantage to be taken away cause without it you probably suck.
    • Like x 3
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Three things :

1. PVP is broken, there's almost no solid power balance at all - it's worse than PVE. A lot of people take advantage of that; they're gonna keep taking advantage of it. The goal here isn't "Fairness", the goal here is "Functionality" - you gotta find what still does work, and use it.

Forget PFTT and all PVE conventions in here - damage per second on a sparring target doesn't work as a gauge for what will work on a player.

2. If you're smart and open to experimentation, you can leverage DPS and Controller-role abilities to overcome healers and tanks. Learn the counter game, learn zoning, and learn what juggles and stuns. You know what Tanks and Healers CAN'T do? Teleport or become invisible, and Controllers have virtually all Stun Abilities in game. Experiment.

Overwhelming Damage Output is still viable in the right application too - shields do crack.

Also, if you just asked yourself "what's the counter game?", GO BACK TO BRAINIAC'S SHIP AND LEARN IT, then take a week and fight the Obot until it's second nature.

3. Grind - if you're not actually in a set of PVP gear, you're probably gonna die against anyone who actually DOES PVP, because they actually ARE in gear. Start with the Cash Set and queue up.

Finally, this?

Is true. ESPECIALLY THE PART IN RED. They're NEVER gonna fix it, so... those are the options.
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

To answer like this, you probably shouldn't play PVP otherwise you would never answer like this!

And if I don't want to play tank, maybe it's because my power doesn't allow me to play tank and I will never change my power for such a stupid reason and reasoning from you!

Under the pretext that we don't play tank, it's because we suck with it and that's why I want to return your "lol" !!!
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the only real fix isn't to stop roles but to add roles back to the rock paper scissors formula that the game was created with before the DEVS screwed everything up
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That won’t fix anything, the rps system was only good for 5v5’s it was horrible for 1v1 matches. Fixing this only requires a power cost reduction when you spec superpowered, the power regeneration is way too high therefore it enables you to spam without any repercussions. And then you have combo powers like rage, light, and atomic that can spam and not have their combos blocked. Weapons expert and it’s power regeneration is the sole way power efficiency should work, it would reduce the spamming instantly for pvp
  14. Samantha Christiano Active Player

If you want only dps role. Healers can still do heals in dps role and then you want that to to stop as well. But there's no way to make healers abilities not heal in dps role.
    Think about the power set abilities that can still be used when in dps role.
    The Shields, the heals.
    While in dps role. The damage hits like Doomsday. But I'm sure ppl don't mind getting 2 to 3 hit KOd. But if dps only role they want.
  15. Realist617 Active Player

I'm not the best at PvP but I am really good and I have NEVER beaten an atomic tank in arena. I have full 101 gear and atomics with all PvE gear are seemingly not killable. I do understand the mechanics since everything about PvP combat is back to basics. Where I always fell short is the skill point spec. I think it would be a good addition to have an info page somewhere in the menu explaining what each stat is clamped to, weather nerfed or buffed to better allow unfamiliar as well as misinformed players where to best put their stat points. I'm a fairly new player of less than a year and I have heard many variations as how to spec PvP(don't spec crits, spec full crits, crits don't count, stats capped at 100 points each, spec full might and power, spec full precision, spec full resto, ect.) and I really have no place to validate and of it. If players(myself included) could learn these things we would excel more and have more fun doing it.
  16. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Give up. The game sucks and they’ll never fix pvp and that’s why the whole entire pvp phase is dead and the queues barely pop anymore. No one wants to play junk. Blues don’t work, counters barely work, power regen is ridiculous, power spam is ridiculous. All that because they wanted to push pve more and then lost 95% of their entire pvp fan base. They deserve it. Honestly hope the game goes down and DBG loses the rights to the game. Let a big name company take this game and give it justice instead of making everyone to pay for artifacts and TCs for feats and actually be decent at PvE. The games been terrible since 2015 move on like the rest of the pvp player base and save your hassles and money. I made 3 posts with 20+ likes and the Devs ignored it because that’s what they do.
    • Like x 3
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if you want to make PVP in DC a great thing again this is what really needs to happen everything else has been tried and has never worked

Bring back the Rock Paper Scissors to PVP
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

correction you mean it will fix everything! =-) except 1v1 and 2v2's which is what screwed up pvp to begin with the only reason it was removed was because lair battles came into existence bringing with it 1v1's just don't have the roles in 1v1's and all it right in the world
  19. MxOiE Level 30

Tank? Hardest role in the game? What lmao?