Dev Discussion Episode 37: Volcano Mining Facility (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    At last boss (Lex Luthor) in last phase (when MK IV bot dies) -> when too much dmg done, both shields will be activated at the same time (defense buff + his environment shield)
    So, when turrets destroyed, both will be deleted. Lex can be easily killed then
  2. Robot Savage Level 30

Ok well for the most part so far as of today everything was smooth in this alert BUUUUT we are still freezing big time in the Amazo fight when the Turrets phase comes. The very secon the turrets appear we freeze for a solid 3-5 secs.
  3. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    1st Boss is unattackable
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s possible to get trapped in the alcove behind Luthor where the investigation spawns. Any chance of adding an “enter encounter teleporter in there? Or just have that area sealed off before the fight starts as well as during?
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

At this point, it’s practically a boss fight mechanic to just block through 5 seconds of lag when the turrets come out. When I know they’re coming up I wait on popping any supercharges or anything off my utility belt until after the turrets are out and everything has normalized. I can deal with this since it’s predictable.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yeah, I'll look into something about the alcove.

The predictability is something that will help Engineering track it down. They're focused on the game wide lag and then the predictable spots. Some map updates are coming down the pipeline to help some of the predictable spots when moving about the map. The turret stuff is where Engineering will be looking next.
    • Like x 2
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Not that my opinion carries any weight here but I definitely concur that the game wide lag is much more disruptive and frustrating than these predictable lag scenarios and should definitely take priority as you said they are.
  8. Eve YouTuber

I know this alert is meant to be played in a certain way, but me and Superman have other plans ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyro Committed Player

So sorry if this has been said before, if it has im merely backing up what someone else has said.

So i have spoken to a quite a few people about this new dlc and every person holds the same opinion that vmf should have been a raid and ct should have been an alert. CT as alert means you can keep the circle mechanic since its easier to do with less people without some people resorting to having people stay outside because its easier with less people. VMF was the first introduction to amazo and with this characters backstory and with the amount of mechanics that is thrown into that fight it really would have been better suited as a raid. Overall im enjoying this dlc i hated how grindy metal 1 and JLD was but this one is really good i just wish such a great character with so many cool mechanics and visuals wasnt pushed to an alert that is notorious for people ignoring the mechanics once they get geared up.

I hope the we see amazo again soon and when we do hes in a raid with even more mechanics because i really love the idea of a fight having an enemy not guaranteed to use everything in his arsenal, it helps make each run just a little different
  10. Sir Freeze Active Player

I just found a random untargetable add before the first boss and i wasnt able to progress further into the alert
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So my understanding of Amazo’s reflect is that the first hit isn’t supposed to kill you, so you have a chance to stop. Well the attack just hit me for my max health. Is this an accident like Clock Tower elite’s nerf, or did you buff it and not tell anyone? Because that would be really not cool.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Considering I'm neck deep in the next episode, you can rest assured that I have not touched the content. I'm also not sure what kind of sense it'd make to buff content that's sunsetting before the new content comes out?
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well when you put it like that... it just seemed really strange that it did that. Last time few times I hit it, I had some health left so I could stop attacking. That seemed consistent with a description you gave either here or the testing thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.