DCUO Announces Next Episode: Wonderverse

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

THIS AUGUST, WONDER WOMEN MUST SAVE THE MULTIVERSE IN WONDERVERSE

Just announced, DC Universe Online's next content features a broken multiverse and the only heroes strong enough to heal it: each universe's Wonder Woman! The new episode WONDERVERSE will launch this August.

[IMG]

NEW EPISODE: WONDERVERSE

In WONDERVERSE, the Source Wall has cracked and the multiverse is collapsing. The Amazons awake to find a Themyscira dimensionally-patchworked as their universes merge. The Sphere of the Gods is in ruins, and so the Greek Gods and the New Gods - in fact, all gods - desperately seek fragments of the Source Wall to reclaim their power.

However, if the multiverse is to survive, our Diana - our Wonder Woman - knows the only chance is to collect those fragments to repair the Source Wall. She must face the gods and overcome their greed, and she knows she cannot do it alone. Answering her call are the players, heroes and villains alike recognizing the severity of the situation, and...the Wonder Women of the other collapsing universes!

With the multiverse at stake, will the Council of Wonder Women and players be enough to defeat the gods and repair the Source Wall? Or does another power lurk in the background with other, more sinister plans?

SJ'S TAKE: "What’s my favorite thing about this episode? Without a doubt, the opportunity to create the concept of the Wonderverse! Nothing like it’s ever been done before in DC’s comics and it fits in perfectly in DCUO. We had the councils of Lex Luthor and Batman – why not Wonder Woman? Who else is better at leading us into the battle of our lives?" - SJ Mueller, DC Universe Online Creative Director

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WONDERVERSE:
    • Wonderverse will be a large-scale episode, with level-agnostic event versions of content available to all players for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning adversaries, from the Greek Gods (including Zeus, Hera, and Poseidon) to the New Gods (including Grail, Darkseid, and Orion) and beyond.
    • The episode will also feature Wonder Women from five different universes.
    • The storyline will include adventures set in familiar and remote locales, including a massive open-world, universe-merging Themyscira.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, artifacts, base items, and feats.
    EPISODE 38: WONDERVERSE will launch this August on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 35
  2. Eve YouTuber

OMG! YES YES YES YES!
    • Like x 1
  3. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Yassssss more Wonder Woman content !!! And Open world Themyscira?? About time!! And ooo Poseidon?? OMG Council of Wonder Woman I can't
    • Like x 6
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Just glad darkseid is back! I can do without every episode being the big three...will any minority dc characters be included in this in any way?
    • Like x 5
  6. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

nice
    • Like x 2
  7. Dub T Well-Known Player

Awesome!
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

You sold it to me with Wonder Woman, massive open world of Themyscira and Grail. I'm in!
    • Like x 2
  9. Controller Devoted Player

"WAS" hoping for a non-Wonder Woman episode BUT the presentation for THIS WW DLC seems like it will be a HIT.

Can't go wrong with Grail and Darkseid and New Gods.

Bring back Granny Goodness, too!
    • Like x 5
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If Darkseid is back, hoping for a hard elite raid please! (Not DWFe hard but still)

Had a feeling we'd have a Wonder Woman DLC because of the film, and though this isn't Death Metal it does sound like it has some similarities and tie-ins to that comic from the previews I've seen.

Sounds interesting, we'll see :)
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

donna troy and wonder girl? maybe? please?
    • Like x 4
  12. Designated Well-Known Player

1 thing we can all agree, the art of the image is gorgeous.
    • Like x 3
  13. MusicrazyTony New Player

This is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to release this STYLE and this Weapon Style because Bekka is a New God and Wonder Woman!! PLZZ! PLZZ!! Consider at least the Weapon Style so I can COMPLETE my Toon! :D and can't wait for the episode the drop!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Phew, something other than Batman! Can't wait to see it!

The movie gave me a new eye on Wonder Woman, I hope DC will have the same effect!
    • Like x 1
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

I hope its releasing in the week between 17th and 23rd august cause thats where I got off work ^.^
    • Like x 1
  16. Walvine Well-Known Player

Dc has 3 references to greed characters one is mars an arch nemisis of wonderwoman ,one is james brother of raven and the othere is the sin known as greed released by black adam.
    • Like x 1
  17. Solus New Player

So will the Gorgon Slayer style FINALLY be placed into the rare vendor during this episode, since it was apart of the Amazon Fury Part 3 episode? It's Greek mythology themed and goes along with Hera, Poseidon, and Zeus.
    • Like x 5
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Aw yeah!

More all new maps like Themyscira, maybe even new maps from DWF or Happiness Home, more brand new enemy bosses to fight like Zeus or Darkseid! New NPCs like Hera, Orion, maybe even a hyrda or cerberus fight, exciting new enemies like parademons, amazons and whatnot. I'm getting excited, maybe we even see Gorgons or a Phoenix!

Whait, what?

Well, devs, at least, please, please, please return to a difficulty level of Darkseids War Factory?
    • Like x 1
  19. Stardazer Committed Player

OMG! I am beyond excited for this! I can’t wait to see the Old Gods vs New Gods. Plus, Grail is making her first appearance!! Ahhhh!
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I hope so if we are seeing Darkseid again this episode.

But I'm not going to hold my breath :D