Jump canceling with flurry shot needs to go Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jun 8, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

It’s time to remove the jump cancel element from the dual wield flurry shot weapon combo. Players have been leaning on this same one combo in particular to pass everything From survival mode to elite and quite frankly it takes away from the difficulty of content once you also factor in artifacts.

Im not sure if jump canceling the weapon combo was ever intended but it should really be adjusted to actually letting the combo play out it’s Animation course without being able to cancel out mid combo and repeat the action. im sure that’s most likely the way it was suppose to be played anyway.

On top of that because you can jump Cancel out your Mobility is significantly better than any power in the game as you can continuously do your combo and move anywhere around a room without having to stop and avoid floor mechanics the only thing you truly have to watch out for is a one shot.

Not to mention you have a power like gadgets that can continuously clip the suppressor pet into powers and increase its damage potential avoiding any animation collisions. No other power can do this..

And then we have supercharges. rage and electric have a big advantage with their shorter cool downs And quicker access to their super charge when it comes to the temporary increase in damage out supercharges while the rest of the precision power sets HAVE to rely on neo venom boost which has a far greater temporary Damage boost cool down. Hint hint why every prec power is rage or electric. (Or gadgets for the clipping advantage). And because their are no other supercharges in the game that precision would benefit off of you can see how rage and electric clearly have the advantage. there temporary damage boost SC”s have the quicker access and shorter Cooldown compared to everyone else forced to use neo venom boost.

If you won’t fix jump canceling with flurryshot at least balance the powers moves out

-give electrics circuit breaker and rages beserk the same cool down of neo venom boost or reduce neo venom boost to be closer to circuit breaker and beserk Since the other power sets don’t have temporary boosts moves thAt work in similar fashion

-remove the suppressor clip from gadgets Make the pet actually spawn once it’s clicked like robot side kick spawns when it gets clicked OR let players be able to clip robot sidekick in the same fashion gadgets can clip suppressor turret. One or the other

Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Legasei Well-Known Player

What power is your main toon?
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

My main? I’m always switching my power between heal and tank powers on my main. I have manacles, eye of Gemini, mystic symbol and I use both for healing and tanking I’m unorthodox. I go this route vs having to make a 3rd toon and I just purchase a set of purple gear boxes from the vendor if I need to completely swap roles

But at the moment my main is a 308 nature heal Why?

My alts a 305 gadgets troll/dps
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I disagree.

I'd prefer the jump cancelling to stay because it's critical to allow you to be flexible with your weapon mastery combos and be able to perform pickups whenever necessary. You take away the jump cancelling, and not only are you doing a disservice to anybody using weapons; you make them less flexible for groups as well.

"Bro, what the heck, why aren't you picking me up?"
    "Sorry Bro, in the middle of my Dual Wield Flurry Shot Combo; can't cancel because it got patched."

All other weapons with weapon mastery can also be jump cancelled to mantain flexibility, but the reason people are using Dual Wield over them is because Flurry Shot's damage output isn't matched on single target DPS alone.

If other weapon combos that did single target were boosted to match Dual Wield, I'd think you'd see more variety.
    • Like x 13
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Nerf solar amplifier too, since it, combined with heat vision is mandated for for maximum might St dmg.

Nerf nature as well, because it’s damage potential is higher than any other build in the game, better than flurry in St, and blowing anything out in AOE.

Nerf unstoppable since it’s a super charge generator that can be clipped.

Nerf all low cool down 50% supercharges, because they have incredible dmg potential when paired with soul cloak and eye of Gemini

Nerf shuriken mastery, shield throw, and dw explosive shot since their range damage is better than all of the other weapons.

Nerf Water’s dehydrate because it can hit from 50 to 75k on each rotation

Nerf electric’s telsa ball because it doesn’t really have it’s damage split on multiple targets, and also because it generates supercharge better than its super charge generator.

Nerf electric’s arc lightning because of the amazing damage it does on 4+ targets.

Nerf the abilities that are apart of Hardlights ST rotation because it’s better than flurry.

Nerf phase dodge (again), since it can clip abilities

Increase all 25% supercharges to 50% because of Gemini green circle spam

Nerf grimorium since y’all got vwd nerfed and now grimorium is the better option

You know what, just nerf any ability, power, or weapon that has anything unique or good about it, so all abilities, powers, and weapons can be exactly the same across the board!

Thoughts?
    • Like x 7
  6. Rad Rita New Player

This is exactly why they shouldn't patch or take away the jump cancelling. Just leave it how it is.
    I agree 1000% with Jacob
    • Like x 3
  7. Miserable Dedicated Player

Alternatively, revert all weapon and power mechanics to 2013 DCUO.
  8. Berza Committed Player

Just for information: Rage's Berserker SC paired with Flurry Shot is useless. Berserker works only with melee range damage so it doesn't increase Flurry Shot damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People would definitely complain then, dpsing pre gu35 required wayyy too much skill for maximum damage, especially on PS
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

The duration length of Flurry Shot is still short enough that they can do pickups without it being jump canceled. There may be other Weapons for sure need to be jump canceled to perform this duty but with the example of Flurry Shot, its about the same time duration with the jump cancel and without.
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

How would the animation prevent you from picking up somebody the Normal animation is not even that long I’ve seen actual power animations that are longer. Thats a poor excuse

If other Weapons did the damage flurry shot did On ST players would still use flurry shot it’s the simplest weapon mastery combo with immediate burst damage that can be used close or long range And it doesn’t throw you all around the room with animations that forcefully pushes your forward or backwards like other weapon combos tend to
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

No, berserker is mid range at best, and it definitely can be pulled off easily, even in elite. But there’s obviously a risk vs, reward factor so there’s no adjustment needed
  13. Stardazer Committed Player

There's one thing I've never really grasped about people who keep complaining about prec (or any power) doing more damage or making burn faster: why does it matter when like 99% of the game is PVE?

You're working together in an instance to finish the objectives. Does it REALLY matter who is doing more damage as long as the group can successfully understand the mechanics and finish the mission?
    • Like x 12
  14. Legasei Well-Known Player

Nature has one of the biggest exploits going on at the moment. Sometimes it even beats dw wm flurry shot. But you didn’t mention that. Was it because you use nature? I know you are a healer but you still could’ve mentioned it.
    I’ll tell you why dw wm flurry shot should be left alone. My dw build puts out more damage than my might build. That’s justified because my might build leaves me with a lot more skill points left over than my dw build does. If dw wm flurry shot was ever nerfed or changed so that it would be on par with my might build, that would devalue my skill points.
    • Like x 1
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

Bruh that risk factor becomes irrelevant when players learn a raid and know when something’s about to happen. I’ve always disliked that statement. their is no risk once you understand how the elite raid works the only risk is taking your own personal chance at the wrong time and that’s really on the player not because the boss did something magically different you never expected to happen.

And theirs is definitely No Risk when it comes to a normal raid
  16. Miserable Dedicated Player

But at least skill was a factor back then.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Imagine ruining powers like electric, rage, and gadgets because of ST flurry dmg, ignoring the fact that might aoe, might st, and prec aoe (non doom spin) benefit from those abilities as well, you want staple abilities nerfed because of boss dmg... not to mention that you have other powers with certain builds that can do comparable St damage to the powers you listed.
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah lets remove all clip possibilities in the game, lets experience how much more fun the game will become by doing that :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Precision in general requires more skill points, especially if you’re ice, gadgets, or water, if you don’t have skill points then you’ll just be an antagonist to the controller, and a risk to your damage. And in pvp it’s even worse, if you don’t have sp points to spec into might and power, you’ll use two tray abilities and half of your power bar is gone
    • Like x 1
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Look at how many people left when they removed the original gu35 clipping, a noticeable chunk. The fast pace nature of this game is why it’s so alluring in the first place, and is the reason why so many people have played it, unfortunately, we only have so much of that pace left, so obviously taking the minimal amount that’s still around will ruin the game for so many people
    • Like x 1