Player Creation and body styles for players needs an update BAD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

With the Game being on ps4 pr0 and hopefully soon on ps5, hangin along side the pc which is limitless usually when it comes to MMOS and doing stuff like this, i understand why they created the system and generic, non sliding scale for body types , styles, heads, face, and facial features, but the next console generation is going to allow #DCUO, and now with the PS4, even, more is been added to the game, that could have never been done on PS3, i hope they can do something about the player choices for body types, below are some old/new comparisons and what a bunch of players would like to have their characters body types be able to look like, this is not all. this is a small amount from Joker, Constantine, to alien body types like Sinestro, saint walker to Etrigan the demon from hell , is where he began, "had to rime" its just how it is with Jason blood :), then with the female which honestly isnt that bad there just isn't a big choice except how tall they are IMO, to the Flash's skinny but muscle type, to a kid flash body style for kids, that want to create a character in there own image, hope you all see what im getting at and can add some constructive ideas and thoughts to get SOE aka Daybreaks attention, to start talking about this.

1. Constantine Body style, from o.g to re work
    [IMG]

This on is very unique, but just wanted to throw it in
    2. ETRIGAN
    [IMG]

3. these arent reworks but still are unique, joker and harley original recipe
    [IMG]

the one i dont get that has to be mentioned is Luthor

WHY did they make his head fat as hell and make him look like kingpins head he was PERFECT before, just update the look a bit
    lol, new is on the left. right is the OG, just a mention, not expecting anything for them to do about this.

the new donna troy is not bad but the shadowing in her face.... i dunno its wierd, the original looks better , but i like the new one too i dunno
    [IMG]

5 alien body type, SAINT WALKER or Brother warth sinestro are great examples.

[IMG][IMG]

Flash body style. "kinda like joker and constantine but, more of a muscle man but skinny look

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kid flash is another smaller body and awesome one kids could relate too and make a kid hero, the ones in game are BAD
    [IMG]

Zatana is a great body type, the women body styles are not bad but they are all the same, just taller and shorter
    [IMG]

i could go on, ill add more as time goes on and i find really good examples of what we need lol. but i think everything i've posted speaks for it self
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

I think you meant Diana Prince not Donna Troy? (You showed Diana\Wonder Woman below your statement and there is no new Donna Troy model in game)
    I would like that, but I don't think this is something they will put resources into. New body types means
    they need to sit and fit every style in the game to this body type according to what I read. That seems like a long unnecessary process (For a small Dev team). But who knows, really.
  3. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

This is one of dreams for this game but it’s very rejected they better give us something for the ps5 i want bigger brute and this badass personality
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i meant prince. and . i do think its something that could be done several ways. and the players would A. Pay for new body types, B.Get more customization C. The game is nearly 10 years old and still rockin, it went from ps3 to ps4, while being on pc at the same time, while being a very popular IP, that doesn't happen a lot in mmos, the resources it would take are already in the game as in the Mesh Files. so they wouln't have to Create anything from scratch, cause they already did, when they updated the NPC's especially, it just comes down to priority.

i think this is something people would really get behind. Especially with the PS5 Coming out, i 100 percent believe it will be playable on ps5 at first, the ps4 version, but after that, who knows, this game has gotten many things that were said to never be added, From Emblems. to Armor of iconic styles. i could go on. i'm very optimistic about this game, I've been playing since 2012, and SOE/Daybreak have never Ceased to amaze me.

I respect your opinion and take on it though, and its totally possible. that you are right but it could go both ways
    • Like x 2
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

This body style is definitely needed over what we have and would be AWESOME... for sure.!

"its the shadow i was born in. !!!! my name is BaIN not BANG Todd" ..."BANE."

[IMG]
  6. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

I need that taller brute body that captain kruel has than we can make proper big characters i need it badly
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I've been asking for the Titanic Trenton bodytype since Beta. I just wanted a chance to be a fat superhero. But Jens was very big into public fat shaming, and he said that being fat was evil, so it was impossible to make a fat superhero.

In reality, they've been very opaque about these requests, answering them over and over and over and over again throughout the years.

They cannot make new body types because they would literally have to re-do the art for every single style in the game in order to make them fit on the new bodytypes.

When they make an NPC with a new bodytype, they do not have to do that, because there is a little known fact that the NPCs never change their clothes. They only need a single outfit. But a player needs to be made compatible with THOUSANDS of styles. So we cannot get skinnier, taller, fatter, or more muscular frames. It's just too many hundreds of hours of labor to re-do every single style in the game.
    • Like x 3
  8. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

so what they have to redo every style we deserve a new body type we supported them for years they have the money to do it its time they gave back
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

o_O

Okay, so it kind of looks like someone is setting aside ALL the stuff they've been doing for the past couple months during the events in the real world. Whatever.

Take a second and think about how many styles there are in just the core/base part of the game that can be played for free. Now take all that and add in thirty or so episodes/DLC worth of styles on top of that, and then double it because you have two genders available in the game.

Imagine telling someone that they have to adjust ALL OF THEM for one. new. body. type.
    • Like x 5
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I want a face revamp. All my heroes use gas mask to cover their faces because they just liike like 80-year old teenagers.
  11. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

The brute body type is a male only body the females already have all the body type they can get in the comics besides being fat
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Giganta disagrees with you.

For anything else. As being said in past numerous times. Not happening for so many reasons listed in the other threads.

I don't think you grasp the amount of ressources needed for it for a minuscle effect on the game. It's simply not worth it and I'm sure they laready did their part on considering it and came to that said conclusion.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You forgot to multiply it by the number of current and then future body types (3 males & 3 females as it currently stands). This is what everyone making these requests either doesn't know about or doesn't care about when it's explained to them. It's already a huge workload every time they make a new style (they have to do the same piece six times and test it on those six body types...every time). This company is not spending the resources necessary to go back and redo old styles/content (unless it's an actual necessary fix...which this is not).

This is a topic that comes up at least two or three times a year...and it seems to be brought up more either when a new game is coming out or when new system is coming out. This thread will be brought up by another individual at least twice more before the PS5 is released, and at least one more time after it's released before the year ends. The answer will remain the same unless by some literal miracle money starts flowing from the pipes in their offices and they then decide to use that money to rebuild this game from scratch.
    • Like x 1
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'd love to see more variety, especially for the chicks, than just stretching them out, multiplying their muscle mass and definition, and making their chests bigger/smaller. It'd be more fun and interesting to be able to play around with truly different looking people. Even just something like the curvy body Barbie added to their products, even still as a preset you just select, would be great!

Right now, the chicks just have their limbs stretched out and their chests made bigger and the guys just get.. like... levels of muscle bulkiness. A few more sizes would be cool as well as the new body types. Fill in some space between some of them or have like if you want to be the size of the monarch medium but you want the spry body type and look, it'd be nice to be able to do so!
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

that would go with the Sliding scale body style and facial features if they wanted to go SWG style. but either way im cool. most faces look the same if you have a cowl on lol. but i get what your saying, eye angle. eyebrows. earys, chin "very important goto have a that chin choice LOL" and all the other stuff like lip size
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

when it comes down to it. the quote 9 styles you speak, of ,, there are only 3 different ones for male and female. but just different sizes. if you really think that's a problem specially with a All server side loading asset MMO, its different then say world of warcraft, cause the assets are client side. thats why it would be easier IMO in this game, from what i understand, This game can't have mods like other mmos cause of this.. Ever quest next was the first mmo by soe to do this aka daybreak, then they did DCUO which it works for this game perfectly, its better and faster for updates, but hey... lets just not request anything
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

that would be HEY you get a bunch of free new stuff. have at it. from my experience.. they have done bigger changes in other games before. big deal. if your active on the character it will take minutes to adjust
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When they make a new style they have to custom fit that style for each body shape and size. So they have to make a custom fit for:
    Female Athletic Medium
    Female Athletic Short
    Female Athletic Tall
    Female Spry Medium
    Female Spry Short
    Female Spry Tall
    Female Large Medium
    Female Large Short
    Female Large Tall
    Male Athletic Medium
    Male Athletic Short
    Male Athletic Tall
    Male Spry Medium
    Male Spry Short
    Male Spry Tall
    Male Large Medium
    Male Large Short
    Male Large Tall

That's 18 custom variations for every style in game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

would love new body styles for our character especially a real teenage body like Supergirl. I heard there was one in beta bu parents complained so they never went with it. But also know it's not going to happen, it would require too much work adjusting every single style for a teenage body or Bain type body.
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

yes. but again, when it comes to asset creation and mesh creating, like the

Male Spry Medium
    Male Spry Short
    Male Spry Tall

and the

Female Spry Medium
    Female Spry Short
    Female Spry Tall

This is 2 designs, just size changes. not a big thing when developing and creating body sizes so there is what 6 designs?