The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Doesn’t the Aqualad chest have shoulder straps? If your quiver covers enough of the emblem, that might work.
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm not sure about that one, I've got my eye on the Aeronaut Chest Style because of its body armor vest and 3/4 length sleeves. But it's PVP only, and it has apparently never dropped for me in either the Vault or a Promethium Lockbox, even though I have other pieces of that style set which did come to me that way. :(
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Aeronaut set did drop in the Vault once upon a time, but it seemed to be phased out when they put the Checkmate and Knight styles in there. So now it's either PvP or Lockboxes to get that style.
    • Like x 2
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

That would be a good option. Best I can say is to finally just cave and play enough to at least buy the pvp vendor styles, if not the armor sets. When I caved and played pvp enough to get the non-armor and non-iconic styles I was happy enough that it was worth suffering through pvp.
    You know I love you but, a big part of me is kind of happy that I finally have a promethium style that’s never dropped for you. Lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh, there's LOTS of people that have Lockbox Styles that have never dropped for me! Like, everyone that has a Demon's Tail Waist Style, just for a start! :(
    • Like x 1
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh yeah. There's that one too. You and I, the two people that need it the most, don't have one.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If there's one style that should ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY be in the "Rare Style Vendors", it's that one! But to this day, the Devs continue to give all of us players The Finger in that regard. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Is everyone insanely lucky, or just spending insane cash on these? Cause i opened a few and didnt get nearly this much. A few rare armor styles, 2 chromes out of ten caps? eh
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, I remembered that I have the Winged Fury Chest Unlockable, so I tried that on Storm Shadow with the Arctic Camo Chroma Material, and liked it. Besides that, I also grabbed him the League of Assassins Boots that you get from a Briefing collection, and I changed the Head Style to have the camo on the whole thing, more like the original figure from the '80s. And speaking of the original figure, that was also the inspiration behind my choice of belt.

[IMG]

Happier with this after those changes. :)
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Speaking for myself, I was fortunate enough to be able to splurge a bit but I also play the broker too. If I received a Chroma I already had/didn't want or a rare collection piece from one of the unlocked capsules in the Resurgence capsule, I'd sell it off and use some of the in-game cash to get a Chroma I didn't have yet but wanted.

And if you are opening the Resurgence capsules you should be getting one of the Neon Chroma material packs with every Resurgence capsule.
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Being a photonic lifeform made of green energy has its perks, like never having to recharge your ring. The only thing I don't appreciate is the Guardians forcing me to wear this suit of armor. I mean they are able to alter rings to work with gaseous lifeforms like Eddore, fluidic lifeforms like Gpaak, and blind lifeforms like Rot Lop Fan; then why can't they alter my ring to work for a photonic lifeform without wearing a containment suit?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

from breaking bad saul goodman[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

excuse me but he has his own show now and deserves to be recognized for it!!!:D
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I haven't posted here in quiet a while.Here's my self composed style :)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

This is my queen Nefertiti style:)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  17. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Updated my noir fella

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Cool :) I did mine a bit different
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Updated Hellbat Armor with "Carbon Fiber" look.

[IMG]

I did this because I wanted to use the Enhanced Beyond High-Tech Chest, but I HATE the bluish sheen it adds on top of black, so that it can never be truly black. But the Carbon Fiber look isn't quite satisfactory for that armor, either. Just makes it look like it was designed by a street racer. o_O

Johnny Quick from the Anti-Matter Universe version of the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, updated with the Royal Red Chroma Materials:

[IMG]

Tekik from the Sinestro Corps updated with the Steel Neon Chromas on Head, Back, Legs and Feet:

[IMG]

So, we FINALLY have a TRUE Chrome Material, and it's TOO shiny for my taste on this character, so I'm going back to the Silver Material. :oops:

And that's it for now.
    • Like x 2
  20. mamadomomo Active Player

Some Darksied creations with the Materials

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3