Birds of Prey: New Bonus Boss

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

NEW OPEN WORLD BOSS!

The Birds of Prey have a new challenge to face. A giant Calculator Bot is roaming Metropolis, because Calculator must have everything Oracle has. It's not working correctly, though, and even the most calculating of villains needs help. It must be stopped.

Open World Boss: Calculator Bot

Defuse Calculator’s Massive Malfunctioning Ego-Machine that’s menacing the Birds of Prey! Enter BoP: Metropolis and take on the Risky Calculation mission. Earn new orbital strikes, emblems and feats!

New Feats!
    • Rogue AI
    • Broken First Law
    • Error 404
    • Permanent Shut Down
    New Rewards!
    • From BoP: Metropolis: Calculator Bot
      • Beghilos Emblem
      • Info Broker Emblem
      • Calculator Uplink Device (orbital strike)
      • ORCL Uplink Device (orbital strike)
    • From BoP: Lex Tower (solo)
      • Lobo's Chained Hook
      • Lobo's Chained Hooks
    • From BoP: Volcano Mining Facility
      • Henchmen Uplink Device: LexCorp Security Robots
    • On BoP: Vendor (after completing the Permanent Shutdown feat)
      • Enhanced Beghilos Emblem
      • Enhanced Info Broker Emblem
    Completing the weekly mission will also reward Lex Coins.

[IMG]
    ORCL Uplink Device

[IMG]
    Calculator Uplink Device

[IMG]
    Emblems

[IMG]
    Lobo's Chained Hooks

[IMG]
    Henchmen Uplink Device: LexCorp Security Robots

The Calculator Bot boss, rewards, and mission launch May 28, 2020, and all are permanent additions to the game.
    • Like x 12
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Cue the people complaining about no fishnets. Lol
    • Like x 1
  3. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

These aren't the vendor rewards. We still have hope.
    • Like x 2
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Boos looks interesting. I appreciate adding drops to the alerts and other content.

There is still a lot of BOP styles I would like to get from catwoman, black canary, and hair syles. But we still got time I will be hopeful.
    • Like x 1
  5. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Not bad for first time rewards, hopefully the second rewards will be even better, i'm only interested in the orbitals here.
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

FYI the bounty stuff drops very often...to a point where it is annoying. I can't understand how you can't find a middle point between "it drops 1 in 1 million" and "it will be worth 20k in the broker". To be honest I preffer it to drop often than never...but still.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

New weapon styles? In DCUO? What is this?! :D
    • Like x 1
  8. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

you remembered the "calculator" chest...fing great!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Even with starro bounty I don't remember this much lag... taking about 5 minutes to login, loooooooong loading screen !
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this was one of the best comic books ever. they just don't make them like this anymore.
    tight layouts, everyone has a moment, its self contained. bonus justice league action when there was only one justice league comic.

stuff like this made sneaking off to the all night 7-11 worth getting caught.
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all, nice update.

Everything is great, but i found out that if you apply a Chroma material to the hook weapon style (Dual wield), its getting tinted in 1 material. Seems like the Color Slots are not selected.

Tho they still look great without a material it would be nice to get that tweaked :)
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Max kills for calculator feat?
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

thanks, yeah im at 36 Now
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

To note - there are two other weekends of rewards coming. This is not a vendor update weekend technically.
    • Like x 7
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I"m just curious.... how live was your server when the new bounty hit?

An example of how ferociously this community devours content. I'd say a good majority of the regular Nintendo Switch community was grinding the new boss for the first few hours or so after it hit. It was a fun time. The boss was going down in record time and due to the quick spawn time, we didn't have to wait very long for him to come back. Everyone was going for their 50 kill feat.

By 7:00 pm Eastern time... that area was dead. Nobody was there anymore. You couldn't even get a group of eight together to get the bounty if you shouted. Lol
  17. Eve YouTuber

Awesome addition. I don't really know that character, was hoping for Lobo as a bounty. But it was definitely a refreshing open world boss fight. Just not super happy about the 50 count feat. I usually skip those or do them over time. Love the ORCL Uplink Device, perfect for my Metanite! I'm gonna try get those hooks for my Phantom character. Are they tradeable?
  18. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I enjoy this fight, and didn't find the feat too hard to grind out. However, it should've been Iron Kurtain, I mean ahem, "Other Escaped Metahuman Experiment"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.