Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. sweetbabysabes Active Player

Not sure if this was put out there, but I would like to see a combo weapon style. Like gun in left, sword in right. range attack fires gun, close is weapon.

Also, I'd like Weapon mastery to be open to combo attacks of my choice. Slots maybe of our choosing. For instance, start with martial arts, then hit the buttons to use bow kip up, then smoke bomb as a finisher type. Just an Idea definitely can be tweaked.

Lastly, weapon style use of the Capes as a weapon, attack, wrap up for a hold, or hang from objects with the ability to lunge attack etc. Almost give your capes a life like entity to it. I think that would be pretty cool like Dr. Strange's from the movie :D
    • Like x 2
  2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman/Amazo's shield would be an awesome weapon style
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And just like that, this thread is relevant again...
  4. UltraDCFan Level 30

Weapon Proposals: Whips, Boomerangs, Throwing Knives (Dual Daggers), Clubs

I proposed it many years ago, but why not make the new weapon 'lines'. These would basically be whips, with different styles including whips, chains, ropes, and things more sci-fi like 'energy whips' etc. For styles the sky is the limit but whips would be an awesome weapon.

Boomerangs too, and dual knives / daggers as well. And I know that two-handed kinda touches on it, but why not 'blunt force' or 'clubs'. (Things like 'bats' would be good for a style for these) But again these would be really cool for their own weapons! :D
    • Like x 1
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Two-handed does it already, you even said so yourself. So, why make it it’s own thing?

I can see adding some new styles to the existing weapons set though.
  6. Radstark Active Player

I love the idea of whips! It would also make sense from an iconic standpoint as Wonder Woman could fight using her Lasso of Truth in some iterations.

Also, about styles, I think the game could use more "fantasy" ones for swords and axes (both one and two-handed) as well as polearms like halberds.
    • Like x 1
  7. UltraDCFan Level 30

Precisely Radstark! Whips would work for styles of whips, chains, ropes, etc! So yup, I've been wanting to see this as a weapon for a long time, as well as the others I named.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*Already exists, Iconic Power Batarangs.

**Already exists as an Acrobatics Movement Mode Attack, If I Remember Correctly.

***Several variations of these already exist as One-Handed, Dual Wield, and I think even Two-Handed Weapon Types.
  9. sweetbabysabes Active Player

Not meant for the weapon thread, but since I don't see one, are we never gonna launch a new power set? I heard about a few options when water launched, but haven't heard a word since. Young Justice had some amazing characters with powers that would be cool to see in this game. Just curious if there is anything in the works, unless it's top secret G14 classified :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Outlaws backpack style guns
  11. Sprout Robinson Active Player

I would love a Xena-styled weapons pack; single-hand sword and shield for dual-wield, and the ranged attack throws a chakram. I'm aware that it couldn't be called Xena anything in-game for copyright reasonsw, but it could be "warrior princess" and carried by an Amazon-themed vendor
  12. Sprout Robinson Active Player

Or just generally more dual-wield options that aren't two identical weapons- sword and shield, sword and buckler, rapier and dagger, baseball bat and trashcan lid, battleaxe and shield, battleaxe and hatchet, etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

What about toy styles?
  14. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Melee weapons that use circular saw blades. Likely limited to one handed, dual weild, two handed, staff, and brawling. If they could be animated as rotating, even better. :D
    [IMG]
  15. DisabledMonkT17 New Player

I hope this isnt too off topic its kinda a ''new weapon idea'' but here it goes. I would like to see weapons reworked where we can use 2 weapons. Seperate weapons into 3 categories , like brawling/martial arts/hand blast(general melee).Then a choice between a weapon melees, one hand/dual wield/two handed/shield etc. Or finally your extended range like rifle, bow, pistol. I realize im not a game developer and this would probably be very difficult and alot of work to change up weapon mastery and add new cross weapon combos, but heres just some thoughts i hope at the very least get read, and might even inspire new ideas. (even if this cant be posted on this thread please forward this to a game dev just to read....wishful thinking.) So generally super heros/super villians all have a signature weapon true. But the hand to hand combat is always preasent in the fight too. I just thought instead of pre-determining what crosse weapons apply to each other why not select and generalIze melee fighting style. Then be able to choose wat weapon u want to cross with. Just a thought on ''new weapon style''/''new fighting style'' i would like to see. Thnx for the read even if it doesnt fit the thread.
  16. Jarlam Sierra New Player

Whips for Wonder Woman or Catwoman (combat styles)...

84 years ago... lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I would like to see a khopesh sword style (assuming its not there already, possibly by another name?) enabling you to change the look of your one-handed weapon to look like a khopesh. Would go nice with my Egyptian & mummy looking Sorcery toon.
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The Fine Korllium Khopesh is what you need. It drops in Tier 1 content, specifically, it's apparently a possible drop in the HIVE Base Duo.
  19. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Thanks very much! As my Egyptian Sorcerer isn't to 30 yet (I just got to the storyline where I will face Brother Eye) hopefully he can eventually get it.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We need Riot Shields and Tower Shields in a variety of styles...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And that includes a Hard Light/Energy version with translucent energy effects:

[IMG]

The 4 Hard Light Shields we have in the Marketplace Weapons Packs shouldn't be the only ones in the game with translucent energy effects, we should have some additional options! Make it so! ;)

Also, we could use more Cyborg Glove Gun type Hand Blaster weapons:

[IMG]

And some new styles of Martial Arts blades:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2