A Guide to Everything Earth

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 3, 2014.

1. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Did earth get buffed after the update or is it bugged? I've noticed when I was parsing with my longe range and ST LO on dummies that crystal never runs out of power where I don't have to hit fortify golem. My parsing is up 4-5k higher than usual.
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

All pets. Appears to be a bug.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Sorcery too
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

The bug has been fixed. Crystal, Brick, Watcher, Guardian, Fury and Robot Sidekick use power for their abilities again.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Would be nice if they could fix DW-BOW spam too.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Not when they decide to keep it that way. In this very moment there is no fix that is needed anymore. And even if they want to fix something, they won't tackle weapons one by one.

It's like with munitions chaingun. Many thought the double tick is just buggy but it's actually the only real thing that makes Munitions viable. And it doesn't even make it OP. I have no idea why people are still yelling for a "fix".
  7. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Would anyone help me? I'm looking for a good Earth DPS ranged load out that is might base. Thank you in advance.
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Just clip Debris Field with Unstoppable and spam Jackhammer.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Earth's ranged load out is kinda limited. You can clip things with unstoppable, but you won't get damage or supercharge from unstoppable unless you're in melee range. Still it speeds things up a bit.

If you're ok with mid range, Tectonic Break does decent damage. My best parses were debris field, followed by Tectonic, then combo upheaval until Tectonic is off cool down and clip your last combo with it. By the numbers adding shards should add a little more damage but it didn't seem to help in quickie tests.

Upheaval and shards are really the only decently performing full range abilities that Earth has. If you have to be full range like for elite or survival mode I'd suggest heat vision with the solar amplifier artifact. Pebble Blast is ok for single target damage also.

If you're acrobatics, throwing knives might work, though the animation is annoyingly long.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't think Shards is full range anymore. I sometimes use Throwing Knives. I'm iffy on a good 4th range power to go with Upheaval loadout.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

you're correct. Earth is in a pretty poor spot for range
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I found success with:

Debris-Striking Stones-Upheavalx2 & clip the 2nd with Fortify-Striking Stones-Upheavalx3 clipped with Striking and repeat

13. Fighter Well-Known Player

Can I get some advice with precision dps? I am thinking about switching my earth to precision. What are you all using for single target and multi target?
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Surprised this has been empty for months now lol. Here is my earth dps loadout. I am once again using the HV/FB combo to bump up the range damage. For melee if you are SS than replace HV for whirling dervish. This video does not include movement variants.

15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I can't bring myself to use RSK over Crystal.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

After testing I was surprised that they actually both do similar damage. When used in the same loadout (replacing one ability for fortify). My issue was that in order to do that I’d have to use a lower rotation I order to fit in fortify. IE in my range loadout I would have to replace Freezing breath, heat vision, debris field, or upheaval. Removing any of these (other than debris) would throw off the rotation and lower damage. Replacing debris didn’t throw off the rotation but did lower the damage.

For precision on the other hand I was able to get rid of one of the moves to achieve similar damage. However crystal not being able to crit made unappealing to me
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of increasing RSK damage because of this. But not using powerset pets destroys the whole concepts of Sorcery and Earth for me.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree. At first I did like the idea of rsk getting buffed but not to the point that they are just as good if not better than power specific pets. They should not have given rsk an aoe attack. Those attacks should be exclusive to power set pets. Sadly powerset pets don’t have aoe attacks outside of their abilities.

If crystals shuriken storm could hit aoe and fury’s solar attack could be aoe than these pets would be so much more viable. Just that simple change
    • Like x 1
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

Anyone else using Lernaea's Amulet? I'm not 100% sure but I think with JH we can get max stacks faster than any other powerset. Mine is at 160 and so far I enjoy it.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't know anyone using it.