Episode Spotlight: Justice League Dark!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK!

It's time to focus - on a new kind of bonus week, on a new alt, on new friends, or on sweet justice. This bonus week is all about Episode 34: Justice League Dark!

This week – from Thursday, May 21, 2020, through Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing combat rating-relevant instanced or mission content in Justice League Dark.
    • 50% discount on Justice League Dark gear at the episode vendors or at the Mechanical Supply Officer (universal vendor in your HQ).
    • Plus, 50% off the CR255 Character Advance (purchased at character select or in character creation)!
    Continue, boost, or begin a new character in Justice League Dark with double the currency rewards and half the gear costs!

Remember Source Marks are found throughout the game's episodes, and are primarily used for obtaining gear up through Episode 34: Justice League Dark. Characters must be between combat rating 253-285 to receive Source Marks rewards (and the bonus this week) in Justice League Dark.

PLEASE NOTE: The episode spotlight will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 10
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have just a couple of notes on this bonus week:
    • This is a new and more focused version of the bonus source marks week that we are trying out. We are looking for feedback, and expect to slot a few more of these into the bonus week/weekend rotations to get a good feel for them.
    • One benefit of this bonus focusing on just one episode is it will funnel anyone interested into the same set of queues, and maybe inspire some people to play characters they usually wouldn't.
    • Another benefit is it lets us pick and choose specific (and really good) content that newer players may not know about, and highlight it again or get people's nostalgia on.
    • We recognize the target audience is smaller. You must not be above or below the CR Relevancy to take advantage of the bonus. The event-versions are not available. This is mostly due to time constraints, and we will be expecting feedback on each of these. We may be able to iterate further for future similar events.
    Please let us know how your experience goes this week. Please offer suggestions, comments, or whatever comes to mind. Enjoy!

Also note that with tomorrow's update, CR255 Advance will be available on Nintendo Switch.
    • Like x 12
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

My feedback is that this Bonus Week sucks, and it's just a normal week for me.
    I usually hate CR relevancy, now I hate it even more.
    x2 source marks should be for every DLC so at least everyone will get something, or just take away (if possible) the CR Relevancy on these specific DLC bonus weeks.
    • Like x 9
  4. iVenny New Player

Eh? I'm not sure I follow. The CR relevancy is due to time constraints? Or the lack of event versions?
    On the note of the CR relevancy, it feels like a bit of a middle finger. I understand that's not what's intended at all, but I can't help but feel kind of neglected, seeing as I'm CR 301.
    Also seems kind of silly to give lower CR players boosts?
    Shouldn't you get a bonus if you're OVER the recommended CR? As there's no other reason to run the content?
    Really quite silly if you ask me.
    • Like x 5
  5. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Well... I have a few characters sitting in JLD's range so... might as well farm open world bounties a bit. ^^
    • Like x 3
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Interesting Idea..
    However I have to agree EXCLUDING Players Due to their CR is Not Good. Bonus Source Marks should be for EVERYONE. No Matter the CR
    • Like x 5
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is more an extension of the bonus currency weeks, when an episode's currency is still unique. This one just happens to be old enough the bonus is source marks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Gambo323 Level 30

Epic fail on this bonus week, who ever blurtted out this idea should've had a snickers 1st. Really need to drop cr relevancy on content otherwise its a hard pass on this grind. Guess i'll be playing other games this week. Enjoy
    • Like x 7
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Perhaps a grant of regular source marks for those outside of CR relevance and 2x source marks for those within? Don't know how difficult something like that would be to pull off.
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

Great. I'm sure it will help those who need it. Maybe my alts can benefit, too.
    • Like x 2
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Honestly, this works well for me. I just started using my skip character, thanks for that btw, and have only been barely using him for event level stuff. So I can see how someone thought this would help. Will be a good jump to get him closer to end game. Not every week has to be magic everybody, they're called bonuses for a reason. Could be nothing at all.
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its read as the Event versions not being available due to time constraints.

As Mepps has also stated (probably updated after this post), this isnt meant for everyone. Its meant for new players still leveling or those with Alts going into that content. While it does suck for the rest of us, take it on the chin and keep moving along. Or for those missing Feats in that content, perfect time to go out there and get those queues a popping.

This Episode Spotlight is certainly a great idea but with the right tweaking, we can make it similar to WoW's Timewalking events. During the week we can queue into old content, have the content be buffed to the "end Game" CR and get either Source Marks or a different currency to use on a different vendor. Preferably I recommend Source Marks from that content or better yet, allow it to drop Quarks. There ya go! Make it like a rupture in the Speedforce allowing us to replay that content and for those above the CR Relevancy during that week we get Quarks instead of the usual currency. Or Source Marks. Whichever lol.
    • Like x 7
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Appreciate what you're trying to achieve, but not personally keen. Also the skip tokens have always been too steep, $50 regular price becomes $25 discount price, still too steep, $10 and you might've tempted me, $25. nah.

Thanks though.
    • Like x 8
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Since you asked for feedback, assuming it was possible, why not extend the relevancy? Instead of 285, why not 296 like Metal 1? It would get a lot more near relevant users in, and the way over powered people would still probably avoid it.

I like the theory of getting people into the older, specific content, but without source marks there is not much of an incentive to do it unless you are 255-285 CR, which many people are not yet or have blown past. Maybe putting something everyone can use like Arti catalysts to randomly drop in JLD would work instead? Again, not sure the level of the work on that idea, but it would drive 'over Cr' people in as well as relevant ones into the content...which I'd guess is the idea. 2x renown on JLD elites would be another idea.
    • Like x 4
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Since episode-specific marks were added, the CR Relevancy window makes less sense than it ever did.

If CR relevance were taken out of the game, and Source Marks were granted to over-qualified players, who does that hurt, exactly?
    • It doesn't help the endgame player advance their CR at all, so no getting cheap CR advances for running old content
    • It helps get the queues filled on older content.
    • It helps the endgamer get some marks to pay for monthly rent items, and fill in some older collections and styles.
    Yes, arguably, that might mean the endgame player gets some Feats cleared, but that seems like a small price to pay for getting the queues filled and allowing people to have some reason to play old content.

Chances are those feats SHOULD have been cleared a long time ago, but the player either fell out of the relevancy window before they could finish the Feat, or fell victim to bad RNG (in the case of items that used to drop or come from crates, but are now available for Source Marks in a vendor.) Allowing those players to play old content to build up a mark supply just corrects for bad luck on earlier runs through that content.
    • Like x 7
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Add to that, that one of the best spiffs in the skip token is JLD ownership, which is negated on your 2nd, 3rd or whatever purchase. Most everyone has the 255 skip now from the anniversary, so everyone owns JLD most likely.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The one thing it would 'hurt' is catalyst sales. If you could get full loot on everything you could rack up 500+ source a week just doing the raids at 10 a pop without resets, many of which can be finished in minutes
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

i have an alt at CR 239, 14 points below this episode's entry CR, it can't enter the chaos gotham area yet but when i go to the universal vendor the set of gear showing up in there is the etrigan set, how can that be possible?
    Edit: Bought some gear on another alt, she's now at 237 and can see it too so it's not just that 1 alt.
  19. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Let me fix that for you:)
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm not looking for grants everytime and am not mad if I don't get some of them. Try out new stuff devs, maybe player increase with these kind of things can encourage newer players to gear up some more. Maybe incentivise endgamers at some point to run old content. You will get numbers, you will make up your mind on what you decide is best. The more you try, the better you'll understand the playing community (and maybe not just the outraged forum community :-D ) Maybe try Tier X - spotlight next. Would certainly revive some alts for them sourcemarks for the next Artifact event.

As with any incentive that is prolonged for too long, people take it for granted and if they suddenly don't get anything, they get angry. First few posts, I rest my case.

Since I'm not chugging hydroxychloroquine, I'm allowed to have some refreshed outdoor activities to do in my country. So who cares if one bonus week isn't for everyone. Play some other stuff if some grants were the only reason you wanted to play this week.

By the way, I'm all for ORCL-Bot Elite-only extra cool loot for next week and reduced loot from Brimstone. so the peeps get even angrier. *shrug*
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.