So much for "Sp's are most important"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ambassador of Krypton, May 13, 2020.

1. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Me: Ice, 279 Cr, 342 Skill Points
    Second DPS: Fire, 109 Cr, 139 Skill Points
    How's that even possible?
    [IMG]
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

I don't think you're going to like the incoming answers...
    • Like x 2
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

What were you running? If it's the event version of recent content, you are both buffed to the same cr and would have similar stats. If it was the seasonal instance, you would both be clamped to the same cr and have similar stats. If you were running something that you are 179 cr above (that is relevant to them) and they had similar numbers, that would either be a you problem or they were taking advantage of an exploit. If you are running something you both are over geared for, it's possible there rotation is faster and only so much damage can be done in the instance. Context is key.
    • Like x 2
  4. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

artifacts prob...btw...a lot of "Heatbeam" shoot outta that fire guy...jus' wonderin'...
  5. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

someone gets it...
  6. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

Most likely you were running an EVENT alert. So you both were buffed to CR 287 and had the same stats so it came down to who had better/higher artifacts plus a better loadout.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Yeah, I was running the new alert in event version. So Skill Points dont count in event. Ok, thats fine, as long as one knows it XD
  8. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I doubt he had higher arts than mine. I have one of them at lvl 178 and the other two at 160. It must have been the loadout.
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Skill points can count on the event version, but you need to be over the minimum stats that are given to you when you are buffed to end game. I'm going to use some fake numbers below since I'm not in game at the moment.

The buff, in addition to showing your cr as the minimum entry cr for the episode, also gives you stats similar to those that would be expected at that cr. Let's say the buff sets your might at 10,000. If you have less than 10,000 might outside of the event version, you would have 10,000 might in the event version. However, if your might is higher than 10,000 outside of the event, you would keep your actual might value.

What I'm not clear on is your percentage bonuses to stats from artifacts, sp, and league bonuses. It's possible these are applied after you are given the buff to your "base" values, in which case you could still have slightly better stats. But it could also just be a temporary override of your final stat, in which case those bonuses don't help in event content when you are getting a bit to that stat.

On a side note, the buff does do some interesting things, even to end game players. I play as a might DPS and have no sp spent in precision. So my precision is "low" for a DPS at end game and I get a buff to precision in the open world and event version of end game. It's always kind of funny to see "your character is being buffed here" when you've finished the vendor gear for the most recent episode.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It wouldn't matter unless you were over 287, and even then not as much as a 180 CR gap would seem like it should as the buff brings everyone up to around 287 stats if you were wearing the gear to be at that level. Assuming you were over, like a 292+ and had a decent set of Artis, the only way you'd be beat/close at that point is if the other player was very good at DPSing (like had the meta loadout on the meta power/weapon) or if you were...er...not...so...good (no judgement).

BTW....it's event...who looks at the scoreboard in the event/seasonal content?
    • Like x 1
  11. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

For the record, STATS matter. SP are one way to increase your stats but not the only way. Once you have invested 100 SP into any one stat (might, health etc), you get all the percent bonus benefits you will ever get from that particular stat. After that the benefits are VERY incremental, particularly at higher CR level (a +6 point might increase is not going to help much if your base might is already 60K+)

As long as your SP are within 10% of your CR the Devs say you are fine.

In an event instance everyone's stats are more or less the same (as has been mentioned above)

Also Skill Points are no substitute for skill.
    • Like x 2
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Skill points doesn’t mean skill

Also, this is an alert, so quicker rotations will perform better
    • Like x 2