Open Episodes & Bonus Weeks - Extended Again!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Add in the fact that the open eps come with longer reset times. Duos are 3 days, alerts a week and raids are 14 days resets. Also, episode treasure boxes are also not able to be opened.

And for some reason ONLY in Gotham Under Siege open world, collections are not collectable...which is weird because in all other open worlds they are. I'm sure it's by design and not a bug, but it's weird that it's the only place that does it. So legendary subs got that going for them....which is nice.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Free players can't get into non event BOP and can't get into Metal 2 at all. If you can't carry a person through Metal 1 or lower content, maybe you need practice if it's..as you say...'soul crushing'? I know I was in a ToTDE with one of my F2P lowbies, farming some base items/source while killing time and I had to 'carry' by way of instructions the other 7 players who had no idea what to do in there. Most were 287+, so I'd guess probably at least 1/2 were members. It was especially funny when the deathproof feat got biffed...not by the lowbie F2P (no artis, no decent augs, no orbital or white mods) 116 toon, who knows how to block on the reflect and if a Punisher showed up, but by the 304 dps master who didn't. Not saying there aren't F2P or Premiums out there who are worthless in a raid/alert...just that there are plenty of members who are as well, especially where it takes something other than burn.

They did just have an extra member discount sale, and you are getting 5x 6 stablizers a day vs 5x 4 or 5x 3 like premium and F2P this week. So there's that.

BTW. It would be impossible to do 10x the work in a raid. Even if you covered for everyone...it would be 8x the work max.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It says virtually the entire game, the virtually referring to the episodes not fully included which are spelled out twice in the text of the article.
    • Like x 6
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That's so weird that non-Legendary don't have all of those extra benefits. It's almost like they hadn't paid for them the way a Legendary does. Oh, wait... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

All those additional players to play with.

Of course it's "fair." You have what you paid for.

Begrudging other people being kind to other people is a pretty sociopathic reaction.

Meanwhile, you've been having 7 and are about to have the 8th Bonus Week. Be grateful and enjoy the game, rather than being bitter than someone else somewhere is being made happy by being given a minor benefit you share.
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Perhaps you should be grateful Daybreak isn't demanding you pay the money outstanding on what your subscription price should have been for several years.

You're now forced to pay what we all pay! OH THE TRAGEDY!

You are literally complaining that you have been given hundreds of dollars worth of past game value for free. And your reaction to all the free for years is to complain that you got it. Wow.
  7. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Why is “entire game” in bold lettering? Maybe “virtually” should be in bold.
  8. L T Devoted Player

Welcome to the DCUO forums!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.