Open Episodes & Bonus Weeks - Extended Again!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

UPDATE: Open Episodes has been extended through June 11, 2020!

In the real world, the next few weeks are likely going to be difficult, perhaps scary, definitely isolating. Here at Dimensional Ink, we can't fundamentally change that - even with all the capes and cowls in the world - but we can do our small part.

We know DCUO can be a way to escape or distract from hard times, and we know playing can be a great way to stay connected with friends from the comfort and safety of our own homes.

For the team, there is an elevated sense of meaning and passion about what we do right now. If we can make anyone's next few weeks easier, that's important to us on an entirely different level.

Take a break, log in, have fun - and stay safe.

OPEN EPISODES

First up, we invite everyone to come play all of our storylines and content with Open Episodes. All players will have free access through Episode 35: Metal Part I (with increased loot lockout times) from March 19, 2020, through at least April 15, 2020 May 11, 2020 June 11, 2020.

Wherever you might be in the game, with whatever content you own, you can log in and be a Super Hero without worrying about real-world costs.

Remember, also, that our latest episode's event versions are always accessible to everyone for free, so yes, virtually the entire game is here waiting for you.

BONUS WEEKS

No more bonus weekends! Starting tomorrow, we're pulling out all the stops, adding to our previous plans, and converting every bonus weekend into bonus WEEKS.

We can't share everything yet because we're still working on the details, but check back here for the latest information as we go.

For now, know that we're kicking things off with a bonus currency weekend!
    • Bonus Week One: March 19-25, 2020
      • Bonus (Double) Source Marks and Episode-specific currency rewards.
    • Bonus Week Two: March 26-April 1, 2020
      • Bonus (Double) Thanagarian Marks & New Rewards (Metal Part II)
      • Spring Sale
    • Bonus Week Three: April 2-8, 2020
      • 5x Stabilizer Fragments (daily instance)
    • Bonus Week Four: April 9-15, 2020
      • Double Artifact XP
    • Bonus Week Five: April 23-29, 2020
      • Member Discount Week
    • Bonus Week Six:April 30-May 6, 2020
      • Special Source Marks Week w/ Vendor Discount
    • Bonus Week Seven: May 7-13, 2020
      • Special Stabilizer Week w/ Quark Vendor Discounts
    • Bonus Week Eight: May 14-20, 2020
      • Bonus (Double) Lex Coins
    • Bonus Week Nine: May 21-27, 2020
      • JLD Episode Spotlight w/ bonus Source Marks and Vendor Discount
    Open Episodes begin March 19, 2020, and end June 11, 2020. Excludes Episode 36: Metal Part II and Episode 37: Birds of Prey.
    • Like x 12
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Does this Mean that Bonus Weeks will Also Continue?
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Amazing. Thank you, devs, for everything you're doing for us during these times. :)
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Also, Mepps, you might wanna fix this :oops:

• Like x 1
  5. BorysUSPS New Player

And for us who have already paid the legendary? What is the extra benefit?

I understand the Covid-19 issue but it is not fair to pay to have all episodes and for more than 2 months you "give" for free.
    • Like x 2
  6. mynch457 Well-Known Player

Remember that the Non-Legendary DON'T have all of the benefits that that Legendary players do....access to all of our money, trading, more stabilizer fragments, Loyalty points, and the 150 replay badges that we get.
    • Like x 5
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Also Non Legendary has NO Access to Metal pt 2 OR Member Benefits for BoP
    • Like x 3
  8. Hurtyman Active Player

People who are all like "What about us legendary members? It's not fair! Wahhhhhhh" are the same people who got all bent out of shape because scientists cured a minor disease after they got it. It's not a zero-sum game, but feel free to stew in your self-pity and resentment like it is.
    • Like x 2
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Everything that you get from Legendary that isn't the DLC access, plus queues actually popping? A *large* number of people buy Membership, but never touch the old DLC once they've Feat-mined it. In effect, those people are paying a subscription to play maybe the last 6 DLC, with the other benefits - especially unlimited in-game cash, RB and DBC - being the overarching reason for subbing.

I'm hoping that once the numbers are in after these few months that DBG may find it is commercially viable to keep open episodes a thing permanently, and add other useful benefits to the subscription model instead. I sub on average about 9 months a year due to time and financial constraints, so it won't make a huge difference for me - but anybody can see that it's been good for the game as a whole.
    • Like x 4
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

You'd think you'd have to be rich to enjoy DCUO's events...
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

I appreciate the bonus weeks. Just a suggestion, what about bonus PVP marks. I want to finish some styles, and styles on villain side with style unlocks. Keep up the good work.
    • Like x 2
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

This is a very positive move during the harsh times many of our fellow humans have to endure! :) I totally concur - running 4 accounts with subscription. The game has become more lively during the Open Episode Weeks and like @Great Architect mentioned:
    “..queues actually popping...”
    Thank You!
    • Like x 1
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

This is good I've also have friends who came back and I do see more player's playing but overall thanks devs thanks Meppy .
  14. myandria Item Storage

Great points here. However, I am not sure if Open Episodes would be a viable permanent option though; why pay a membership or pay for an episode ore even buy an episode bundle if most of the episodes plus the newest content is open for everyone?

I think all members should have some of the older content permanently added to their membership; for example, episodes 1-9 should be included for free at this point. This game is almost 40 episodes strong; putting some of the older ones into the hands of players for free permanently shouldn't hurt. The first two bundles could be retired, which would allow the devs to offer more bundles for the recent episodes; Dark Multiverse Bundle, anyone?
    • Like x 2
  15. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

That must be why Dimensional Ink / Daybreak authorized a value review exactly during the peak of the Pandemic in Brazil and generated a 243% increase in the subscription fee for PC players (and only for them) forcing the exit of 90% of them in Brazil.

Perhaps I should be grateful for the timely and reasonable moment chosen by Daybreak / Dimensional Ink to readjust the subscription of PC players in Brazil by 243%.
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Well I'm sorry to hear about it :( It really wasn't the best moment to correct it.
    If it makes you feel any better, prices in Russia also went up due to exchange rate. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  17. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Exactly, I mean whether or not it is the moment, I understand that the adjustment must be made, they must work within these adjustments in international currency prices, as this is an international service, there is nothing to talk about.
    The only question I ask is: if they survived for more than 5 years without this adjustment, couldn't they have waited another 1 or 2 months to readjust after the pandemic? At least after the peak of cases and the closing of the trade that is creating chaos in the global economy?
    Daybreak should have its readjustment with exchange rates, they should be paid for their work, but doing this right now, after years of not doing it is by no means the best that the company has done for the players at this time and it is not a demonstration of concern or solidarity with your audience.
    So I feel sorry to say but this conversation of "For the team, there is an elevated sense of meaning and passion about what we do right now. If we can make anyone's next few weeks easier, that's important to us on an entirely different level" I'm sorry, but it's just empty speech.
  18. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Without Metal part II, his time the statement that the entire game is here is untrue from the beginning of the announcement.
  19. Bladechaos Dedicated Player

Free players don't have access to generator mods sockets or even enough money to repair nor can they adchevie most feats lol. To say that makes it fair for us paid players to have to carry that burden is a laugh. To extend free episodes with very little notice for the third time is soul crushing daybreak has claimed to ease the burden of its players but it is the paid players who now carry this addital burden for another month without even 1 thing given to just paid players for carrying the free players and paying to keep dcuo alive during this hard time. Lol can't us paid players get even 1 thing just for us as a thank you daybreak? Maybe an emblem or a care package or half off replays lol all the bonus weeks are targeted at helping the free players level. Because as a paid player offering me ×2 rewards don't mean nothing when 7 other people are in the raid to broke to repair no mods or sockets and bare bone feats and the run takes 5 times as long and 10 times the work
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

It is stated in the announcement text, that open episodes ranges up until Metal I...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.