Fire.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Irvynnge, May 7, 2020.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

wonder if anyone can help me out here. I need a Fire dps build. it's for an alt, so I'm not too bothered about group content. I just need a decent build for solo ( & maybe alerts, occasionally ). something that'll do decent enough damage so it doesn't take me forever to get anything done, & something that, hopefully, isn't too power hungry. range or melee. any ideas?
    • Like x 1
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Robot sidekick, fireburst, flame cascade, mass det, inferno. That should be a good all around loadout for you
    Put them in the order that works for you of course but you would start with inferno to get things burning then go into fireburst of flame cascade depending on if you think you will be interrupted. If you think you will then Flame cascade. If you do not think so then fireburst into mas det.
    Overall Flame cascade is good for constant fast damage that still hits pretty good even if you are interrupted while Fire burst and mas det lose all damage if you are interrupted.
    When you get the feel for it situation wise you will be good.
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Cascade is really only good for spamming in super low level content. Robot Sidekick I wouldnt use unless it's a prec build. Fireburst is a good one, inferno, heat vision and absorb heat, wildfire, then either Neo Venom or Fireball Barrage. It's not a super try hard loadout, but it will get you through all content whether it is single or multi target and is not super power hungry. Just make sure you have empowered channeling as your hand mod, unless you have a 200 solar amp then you can go with the damage mod. There is a thread in one of the guide sections of this forum that gives good loadouts for each power for each situation that you might want to look at.
    • Like x 6
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

robot sidekick? never thought of using that. cheers, matey. I'll give it a crack. you're a star.
    • Like x 1
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

see, once again: heat vision. never thought of that. I keep just trying to dig from the straight Fire tree & forgetting the iconic stuff. excellent. well, there's two to be getting on with. thanks, Errl. you, too, are a legend.

if I use heat vision, it's wise to grab the Artifact from Doomed Metro, yeah?
    • Like x 1
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The heat vision artifact is a must have for any might build regardless of power imo
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

AoE melee: Inferno | Stoke Flames | Flashpoint | Flameburst | Whirling Dervish | Fireball Barrage

Feet Mod: Dashing Combos

Inferno c/w Stoke Flames, then rotate Burst, Flashpoint and Dervish. Use tap melee for Dashing Combo on Whirling Dervish and clip it with Flashpoint when this action takes exactly the time it Flameburst needs to come off cooldown.

Ranged Single Target (with occational adds): Spontaneous Combustion | Stoke Flames | Absorb heat | (amplified) Heat Vision | Flameburst | Fireball Barrage

Basically Combustion c/w Stoke -> Absorb -> HV -> repeat. Best single target. For more AoE damage substitute Absorb Heat for Flameburst since Combustion, amplified HV and Burst are AoE.

Artifacts: solar amplifier, rest is up to you, I use Trans and Strat card on my fire alt.

Both loadouts are at least midrange (for Stoke Flames to work)

If you're not superspeed, you could also substitue Dervish for something like Wildfire + and Flameburst for Sonic Cry. It does a bit less damage but what can you do ^^
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

excellent. thanks, Schim.
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

what it comes down to is play style, i'm main tank on my fire so the dps end is just to fill a role, but it still does dome decent numbers

spec full might

Artis: Grim...La mort card... Transformation card

Loadout...

inferno
    firey wep
    absorb heat
    meteor ( the one you throw) mixed with super strength makes a killer combo
    snuff out
    fireball barrage
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hard Light doesnt really need it. Neither melee doesn't need it either ^^ That's the two I play at least ^^
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

thanks, man.

thanks, all. that's given me more than enough to work with. I'm gonna go log in & try out this stuff, now. nice one.
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

That's a lot of might stats to miss out on though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

You don't need them with these powers. Usually Strat+Trans make up for it plus there are other benefits that outweight the usage:
    - Nature Melee: Eye of Gemini is still king with Primal Wolf form
    - Hard Light: Grimorium Verum applies your Dazed PI increasing damage of almost all Powers by 10% in addition to having the ST pet damage. Also it frees you from using Chompers or whatever which in itself is a dps increase.

Nature ST still relies on SA, Hard Light ST doesnt need it at all since GH and HC are the only ST powers you need ^^
  14. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Inferno>Stoke Flames>Immolation>Absorb Heat>Flame Cascade>Fireburst. This was my load out after AM. Not sure how well it works now, but it fit my playing style at the time. Allows me to be in constant motion while using powers. I'm mostly doing solo content every once and a blue moon for nostalgia purposes, at the very least it's a fun loadout for that type of content. I did have a lot of luck in 4-8 player content, but that was back in late 2017.
    • Like x 1
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Well he did ask for a basic loadout for an alt so I was thinking that a universal one would be best. I was also assuming since it is an alt that artifacts would not be maxed out or possible that he would not have all the ones needed. The loadout I gave is definitely an all around usable one for any alt in solo, alert, open world, and would even do decent in raids.

There are for sure better ones out there but for what he was asking for (as I took it) the one listed would work and not require leveling anything extra up.
    • Like x 2
  16. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

don't forget there is now both an artifact that boosts pets and an artifact designed to strengthen your solar too...one can be gotten free now through BOP...quarks will get you the other one
    • Like x 1
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's about it, really. the character's not an "important" one. he's just there to run the events & the seasonals. I chose Fire for the power simply because I hadn't played Fire before. I'll give all of the suggestions so far a crack, play around with it for a bit. & if I need to start taking him a little bit more serious, I'll most definitely be back!

once again, thanks, all. legends! the lot of ya!
    • Like x 1
  18. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Fire is a fun power to play. I love the mobility of it. Hope you enjoy it.
    • Like x 1