US PS/PC Server Downtime - May 5, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Hmm So if Me and my other 7 Players are in a raid an get the SAME lag.. Yea GAME Related.
    • Like x 7
  2. ChlorineTheClarinet New Player

It might be those accounts selling stuff and keep spamming the chat? idk im fairly new so im just theorizing
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Not when everyone in the instance experiences the same thing at the same time.
    • Like x 8
  4. DredPirateRoberts New Player

Welp glad I finished for the day... the lag was insane tho , at first it was just the normal places. Then in metropolis it was so crazy I wasn't sure what I was doing.
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So do you think they have someone like Neo working there who can plug his brain into the computer and make predictions about what's going on inside? (I'd make a "Space: 1999" reference to David Kano, but most folks here are probably too young to remember that show.)

Servers crash for any number of reasons... and while there are tools that can help predict some of them, there is no way to be 100% certain to catch anything that could cause the whole thing to crash. You will sometimes not know the server is crashing until it actually does... or is seconds away from it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... DCUO has always been notorious for having a hard time when there was a high population in game.

Sad.... but it's been that way alllllll the way back since the game went F2P way back when.

There was always lag and long loading time on PS3. And it got worse and worse on PS3 as more content was added to the game.

The lag pretty much dissapeared switching to the PS4.... but..... with each new DLC the lag started creeping back in slowly but surely.

And now... add the fact that apparently there has been a surge of new players.... apparently a 50% increase overnight..... and we are back where we started all the way back when DCUO first went F2P on PS3.

So sadly until the Devs find some sort of miracle fix... or until we upgrade to PS5.....DCUO is pretty much back to where it was in the good old days of the PS3. :(
    • Like x 4
  7. Logan420 New Player

Keep the game down all night if you have to please fix this lag tired of my friends walking threw walls and dueling them but I can’t cause the lag and my cool downs taking even longer, I promise if this lag isn’t fixed soon me and my hole league already said we are quitting and to be truthful idky I haven’t
  8. MrGainey Level 30

If the USPS server is down why's the USPC server down and the Switch still up

edit: to clarify your news bulletin
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

PC and PS4 are on the same server. Switch and Xbox have their own servers.
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Switch is on it's Own Server
  11. MrGainey Level 30

Ok thanks was just wonder it's been a hr lol
  12. Heron33 New Player

Great i cant even enter the game Eastern time sighs.......... i sign in my steam and click lunch and keeps connecting and connecting....... i am a big fan of DC but when did they start havin these problems .........
  13. Brendan33716 New Player

What worked for me to fix the lag issue...Go into your settings and shut off the "shout" option. The lag went away and added bonus you don't see all the stupid things people say. If you wanna chat. form a group or use "say". I haven't had a lag issue since aside from the normal area buffing.
  14. FMWA New Player

This has been the longest hour i have waiting in a long time lol
  15. Gindjurra New Player

Well, it's still down. At least USPC is. So much for less than an hour.
  16. Dr_S_Ron_Mars New Player

I play on the US server from New Zealand. I guess I always have so much lag, I never even noticed it was an issue LOL. Happy to just have the game up and running: don't hate me :)
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Free to play!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! This game is pay to play/win all day long. Yes, you can play for free to do your dailies and once a weeklies, but only up to where you have to start buying episodes, then you have to pay to play that content. Free to play means I don't spend any money to play.

This game is LIMITED free to play, but TOTALLY Hand over your paycheck to win. Seriously

Quarks to me are expensive. you get 10-30 per TC, at 1 US dollar per TC (90 cents if your a member). I'll do calcs at 90 cents per TC getting 30 quarks.

One item like a material is 5125 quarks. 5125 divided by 30 quarks means you have to open 171 TC to get that one thing. 171 times 90 station cash means you have to spend 15,300 station cash for just 1 material. That equals to 153 dollars for 1 item. And most items now can only be obtained from the booster vendor or quark vendor.
  18. Tigershark New Player

Are the servers back up
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The world is now online. Thank you for your patience.
    • Like x 3
  20. Tigershark New Player

Yay thank you mepps ^_^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.