A History of Sitting in DCUO (and what BoP does with it!)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastrophic Repercussion, May 2, 2020.

1. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

At the beginning of time, butts are not allowed to do anything but get kicked.

One day, Santo Cassamento ponders on how to look authoritative and cool.
    He uses the Rest emote to pretend he is sitting on an office chair and hide behind the desk, so one knows he's faking it.

[IMG]

Trigon decides to curse the dev team into letting him actually sit on his throne to look unmistakably cool.

[IMG]

Corum Rath wants a close up of him on the Atlantis throne to show off how awesome and cool he is.

[IMG]

Mister Freeze goes for a Night King roleplay and chooses to sit on the throne outside of a cutscene.
    So he can look, you know, cool~

[IMG]

Then here we are at the Birds of Prey episode.

Lobo is accompanied by his Spacehog! (and the Space Dolphins, who get their own song!)
    Just think of all the mount system potential with the Main Man riding his... wait...

[IMG]

His *** never touched his "space cycle"! What a forking cop-out!

But don't worry, Oracle is allowed to have a cameo since she co-founded the titular team with the star of this episode, Superman!
    Witnessing the tech wiz in all her wheelchair-bound glory is not just great representation for disabled people but shows how far we've come to utilising the sitting animation in more dynamic...

[IMG]

Must be another "Platinum Flats" reference where Infinity impersonates Oracle to fool Calculator! How cool!

Oh well, I hope in the future, we get to see more butts-in-seats that will put butts-in-seats.
    After all, as NerdOfPrey puts it, "It'd be cool".

#MakeChairsSittable
    • Like x 8
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Maybe in the sequel.
  3. Eve YouTuber

These are great. I also do hope our characters will get to sit one day, but looks like It's a problem for their team at the moment.
    At least the NPC's can sit and look cool :)
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

This ^

Don't get me wrong I like the content well enough but 3/4 of the content really has nothing to do with the BoP other that they have minor roles as NPCs. I know the BoP are a favorite of a lot of the dev team so hopefully we'll see a more relevant part 2 in Chinatown and Old Gotham (unbottled please) with more appropriate villains such as Penguin, Hush and ideally Black Mask.
    • Like x 3
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Why I wrote the lengthy piece (and shamelessly plugged it into that quote hehe), the gameplay is mostly fine by me.
    I just wish people can see the nuance between "This episode is bad" and "This episode has story issues".

Would love to see Secret Six versus Birds of Prey so both groups get to shine properly!
    A game without sin needs more of Gail Simone's work! Get it? Sin?
    • Like x 1