Why did the subscription price quadruple during this quarantine?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnbreakableII, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dresserball Dedicated Player

How much gets taken out in taxes out of your pay in Brazil?
  2. Coelha Well-Known Player

Portuguese table but it should be easy to understand.

[IMG]
    Anyway it doesn't matter really. What the guy is complaining about is that daybreak doesn't do like Activision/Blizzard for example and make prices based on the country's income (Games like Overwatch and Cod may cost half the price for Brazil and other South America countries), here I'm with daybreak, we are few in their games so it's not worth to make prices based on SA (there isn't even a SA server for any of their games), as much as it hurts. In the other hand PSN is charging 200 BRL for a 12 month membership and 60 BRL for 1 month membership and Microsoft is charging 30 BRL for 1 month and 230 BRL for 12 months while daybreak is charging 650 BRL for 12 months and 86 BRL for 1 month on PC, so someone isn't updating prices the way they should.
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

I know what he is doing, but I was not talking to him until he addressed me.

Also that chart does not help me at all since I can't read it.
  4. Coelha Well-Known Player

Monthly Salary/%/total to pay
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

I'm not getting the numbers right. Show me a calculation. The percents do not make sense to me.
  6. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

Maybe they could make a new membership. Charge $5.99 a month but remove the Loyalty Points & Replay Badges from this membership. This would only cost about R$30 to Brazilian players and they can keep playing. This way, not many will cancel their membership and Dimensional Ink will still get a bit of money from the ones that purchase this new membership. Not sure what everyone thinks about this but it's just an idea to try to help both parties.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I support the idea of a tiered membership system, obviously you'd have to be careful about what you put in each tier as benefits of course and you could even make an enhanced one that's more than $15 per month.
    • Like x 1
  8. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

Dresser we pay a lot, for the table shown we pay a single federal tax 7% if you earn little, if you earn better it increases until you pay 27% if your salary is good (not a big salary, only better than the average) and we have more fees and taxes in addition to this, a lot more (we have different fees and taxes and we pay tax when manufacturing, selling and buying the same merchandise, we call it "withholding tax", circulation and trade tax) we pay license for the same vehicle every year (we call license plates and every year you pay the same car fare, if you don't pay a year the vehicle will not be licensed even if you have paid 10 years) water, electricity, telephone and internet are abusively expensive.

But none of that matters. It has always been like this here.

What I want you to understand is that this exchange rate review was given on the exact day of the worst quote in history, in the month when unemployment hit a record high, in the middle of a pandemic that closed the doors of trade in a country in crisis financial.
    I know that the whole world is in crisis, all I wanted to have from Daybreakgames was an early warning and empathy, we spent about 8 to 9 years without adjusting the exchange rate so, is this the best time to review this? I mean, did the company go 8 or 9 years without reviewing its rates and couldn't stay another month or two to see what the economic situation in the world would look like? Wouldn't it be possible to at least wait for the dollar value to fall?
    My question here is that if someone is 8 years old paying less than a fare, on the day they lose their job, their money is stolen, and everything that can happen bad happens, this is the day to say: or pay today or leave? Wouldn't it be possible to wait for a few more days?
    Is the world economy in crisis, and at the height of this crisis, is reviewing rates that increase a product by 250% the best way out?
    This will not increase the company's income, it will expel players, no matter if here, in the USA or in Europe, currently any product that increases by more than 240% is not an option or is it?
    Just to give an example: in October US $ 1.00 dollar cost less than BRL $ 3.00, however, in the quotation that was revised, US $ 1.00 is equivalent to BRL $ 5.45, if you multiply the value by 10 dollars you will notice how much it makes a difference.
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

But, as I said, it's because DBO doesn`t have a market in here, so we are subjected to the dollar-real convertion.

Dollar goes up -> Price goes up. DBO has no part in it. It sucks, of course it does, but that's how it is.
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

Well you see that split Daybreak into their own entities. You are dealing with Demensional Ink now. It makes sense that they would check things out.

You don't have to make me understand anything here. I know it sucks for you to have the price increased, but you have to determine if you want to pay that amount. If money is as bad as you say I would maybe look at your finances and come up with a way to give you a better outlook for the future. This game is not a necessity. I would ask you more questions, but I don't think it matters.
  11. Liightmare dc Active Player

Oh man all these br leagues are about to be gone lol
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

Someone made a BR version of my main one time. Sad to see him go.
  13. Axell Wind New Player

That depends where you are. For example of New Jersey, who have US$10,00 per hour, sometimes US$11,00. If you take NJ as example the minimum wage is even bigger.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

Should New Jersey and Kansas have different priced legendary, to take into account cost of living?
    • Like x 1
  15. dresserball Dedicated Player

That's why I said federal minimum wage.
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I made a topic talking about having the game in the Portuguese language and no Brazilian appeared ... Oh, just talk about money ... There ... They appear like magic!
    @ Topic: Really, this value is totally out of the reality of Brazilians. And I don't just say it because of the crisis, but in life in general!
    I foresee a general stampede of the Brazilians of the game, or simply the most faithful to the game, remaining only as free ...
    I'm still a member because I paid for six months ... but after that ...
  17. Warmonger Wayne Level 30

Just noticed now when I was about to buy some more cash. I don't subscribe because of my available playing time. So I buy the DLCs and market items I need. Anyway, the fact is: Daybreak used to be fair on prices. Now they went crazy.
    Economy is not only about currencies. You can't simply change the rates without taking in consideration the whole economic scenario. On currency, yes, 1 dollar is now a bit more than 5 reais. Economically, however, 1 dollar is basically 1 real. I'm talking this the most simple way I can so it can be easy for anyone to understand. We need the old values back. Or DCUO will just lose lots of players (subs or not). There's no more to be said about it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Unida Dedicated Player

i used to regret the initial lifetime sub
    but now i that i hardly ever bother logging in, it seems more worth it lol
    the game never cost x.xx br dollars, its always been relative to usd, so if you are seeing a huge bump either youve had the benefit of the opposite for a very long time or the dollar sank.
  19. Warmonger Wayne Level 30

So this is the official company statement? Like, 'don't like it don't play it'? Daybreak, a gaming company, doesn't understand the very basic concepts of Economy? Sorry, but I can't believe it. It only looks like a heartless greedy move at the worst possible moment.
    Also 'you had been paying was basically at a 70% discount, all the time' is 100% false. Rates change a lot. I play this game since 2011, and I've seen 1x1 (dollar x real), 2x1, 3x1, going back and forth and DB never thought about update routine. Curiously, now we have the highest rate ever in our history, DC decides to update the prizes. Must be a coincidence. But hey, at least we got some open episodes, right? :cool:
    • Like x 2
  20. myandria Item Storage

LOL I wish! If that were the case then I would only be paying that $5.99 monthly membership; it is not cheap to live in NJ.

We New Jerseyans can't get a minimum wage that reflects the cost of living here; it's been slow going trying to get it to $15 an hour. By the time that happens the cost of living will be up to $20 dollars an hour. Food Servers (waiters and waitresses) STILL make only 5.25 an hour and have to claim at least 8% of their tips for taxes; they will never catch a break as long as the state feels that making tips is the same as making general wages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.