Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

No problem, they are both very close from my testing.
    Since I do not have the bat drone, I always have the Lexcor sidekick going, but more fun than the tesla spam for single target.
    Right now with very little to do, and so few pure single target fights it's been low on priority list.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Electric dps might have to change with the new pet update coming soon. I do have a pet friendly loadout but would have to do additional test to see if they could be improved. AV also has one.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here is my electric dps guide video. Hope it helps someone out there.

• Like x 1
  4. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

my load out is not based on heat vision. I’d love to run a raid with you so we can compare raid numbers. Hit me up if you’re ever interested.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea I used to use the standard loadout too. I does similar damage but I feel that the one I use has a slightly higher potential with less power cost too
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So you think ESB is better than Tesla Bolt for ST?
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s weird but actually yes. I didn’t think that would be the case. Because your grim throws out the PI it means that ESB hits a little harder while Tesla doesn’t have a PI. I tried setting up a PI but the damage was lowered doing so. I even tried putting voltaic bolt in place of genesis and used it every 13 seconds similar to how genesis would be placed. The resulting damage was less doing so. I thought the damage from Tesla would make up for using vbolt instead of genesis but it wasn’t. I also tried using only heat vision or only ionic drain but the damage just didn’t match up.
  8. Liightmare dc Active Player

What power are you talking about? Tesla bolt do you mean Tesla blast or Tesla ball?
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tesla blast for a long time was thought to be the best for electric ST so that’s the one I was talking about and the rotation I am talking about does better without it
  10. Liightmare dc Active Player

tesla blast definitely hits a lot harder then esb on single target. In the time it takes to use esb and the cool down I can use tesla blast 3 times non crit around 30-40k non crit. If your judging using it once and then going to did power then it’s about the same but if you use it in a rotation I’d def rather have tesla ball
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

We were talking about using in ST. And yes you can use 3 Tesla blast in the time it takes for esb to get of cooldown but I’m an actual rotation you wouldn’t stop using. Other abilities to wait for esb. That’s why I said in a rotation for st esb is better.
  12. Fwames Well-Known Player

Is there a way to make a viable Polarized loadout for either prec or might?

Most people are so against in building a Polarized loadout. I'm new to elec so I still don't know why most people are against it. I seem to do fine with it, for now. I just wanna know your inputs on this.
  13. L T Devoted Player

The Electrified side of things has Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball, which do obscene damage against a large number of targets. That's why nobody used polarized. On Polarized side, the following abilities are decent:
    • Static Push- builds supercharge fast, but not a huge damage win even over the long term
    • Electrocute - either electrified or polarized
    • Spark Barrage - mid-range but does good damage for a spammer
    • Electrostatic Bomb - A little less damage than Voltaic Blast, but faster animation
    So you could try filling this out with Electrogenesis and Circuit Breaker and see how it does. I would not expect great things from it, but it might do ok against 2-3 targets.

For a precision load out, there's really only Electrocute that does damage over time with a polarized PI.
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Just to piggyback of LT, it seems Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball also build Supercharge much faster. I'm not sure we really broke down each ability and the SC generated. Maybe that's a Coronavirus project.

Another advantage to Tesla Ball is the rangeof its AOE . Shockwave and Spark Barrage are conal attacks but with different ranges. Spark Barrage and Static Push r e quire a closer range to your target. ESB, Attract and Repulse are AOE around your primary target (sphere as I call it on the first page). If your tank isn't tightly grouping adds, you could have a damage loss. Or if your positioning is off.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fwames Well-Known Player

Let me curb my curiosity

Role: Electricity Healer
    Weapon Attack: Brawling Shuriken Storm WM
    Artifacts: Trans, Strat, Demon Fang

Situation:
    Shuriken Storm > clipped with heals/shields > Rinse and Repeat

Questions
    A. Demon Fang
    1. Every 12 seconds the Demon Fang empowers your 6 next weapon attacks. Brawling range tap does 1 hit while Shuriken Storm does 5 hits (or 4). Will the Shuriken Storm ticks consume 1 empowerment per tick or will 1 set of Shuriken Storm consume one 1 empowerment?

Per Demon Fang empowerment your weapon attacks deal additional damage based on your restoration moreover your weapon attacks restores power based on your restoration. Shuriken storm ticks 4 or 5 times meaning if you can consume all the weapon empowerment in a single shuriken storm, you can instantly have your power back.

Now why shuriken storm? It is the fastest WM along with the greatest amount of ticks thus allowing for the instantaneous consumption of the demon fang if it were the case.

B. Trans and Start
    1. Will the additional damage from the demon fang able to crit or add to the total calculation of the critical hit?

2. Will the power returm from the demon fang able to crit and trigger a Strat DoT power return? This can act like a poor man's BoP troll artifact with it's power return.

The Strat heal dots can also help with the lack of DoT heals with an elec healer.

Assuming this is all hypothetical. What are your insights on this?

Again, assuming this is all hypothetical so please refrain from commenting unnecessary comments like;
    "first of all.... As a healer... You shouldn't be using that..."
    "orb is better lmao"
    "elec sucks"
  16. L T Devoted Player

No to both of the above. Both the damage and the power back are based on your restoration and never crit (at least I've never seen them crit).

Personally I think anything that gives damage for "free"-- that is without sacrificing healing-- you should consider. Damage is damage. It's not a healer's first job, but it's always good to contribute towards finishing an instance faster.
    I really don't like orb with Electric.
    It totally does not suck.
    • Like x 2
  17. L T Devoted Player

Shockwave, Spark, Repulse, Electrostatic Bomb, and Electrocute generate 37 supercharge per cast.
    Attract and Electroburst generate 41.
    Overcharge, Tesla Blast, Voltaic Bolt, Arc Lightning, Voltaic Blast, and Electrogenesis generate 45.
    Ionic Drain generates 56.
    Static Push generates 33 and 150 in two different ticks for a total of 183.
    Tesla Ball generate 37, but does so each time it generates a hit, for a total of up to 222.

If you're not in combat, you don't get the second tick from Static Push. If your target dies, you stop getting supercharge from Tesla Ball.

For precision users who want to play with the talon artifact, tesla will generate 6 hits, so it's a nice way to get your hit count up quickly.
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A1: shuriken storm will use up 1 tick if demon fang per counter tick of shuriken. So if you hit 5 hit counter with shuriken than you will get 5 ticks if damage and 5 ticks if power back. This is both a good and a bad thing. When you need power fast this will get you a decent amount of power fast. However it is bad because all ticks get consumed rather fast. And the ticks go off regardless of if you are near max power or empty. So if you consume the ticks when you’re full than you will risk not having available ticks when you need them.

As for B, LT is correct. The demon fan won’t crit so you won’t be proving the strat at all with it
    • Like x 1
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Tesla ball does, because for the one cast you get each hit. It's a great SC generator w/out having to waste space for one that doesn't hit hard
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, it's a sexy ability. Plus I use Accelerated Tesla Ball back mod too.
    • Like x 1