Dev Discussion Episode 37: LexCorp Tower (Solo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the LexCorp Tower Solo.

Please leave any feedback, issues, or bugs you run into here.

-Millbarge
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This Piece of Content Seems Perfect..Have run it several times and found no issues.
    Only thing i would recommend changing is the Length of time you must wait at the Deactivated Teleporter for the timer to run its course.
    30 Mins seems Overly Excessive. I would thing 10 mins max would be more suitable.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If you’re gonna warn the player about instant kill strafing runs, maybe do it BEFORE it actually happens?
    • Like x 1
  4. KateNash New Player

Having to do the waiting feat for the new base theme on each character seems unreasonable, unlocking the feat on alternate alt characters should reward the base theme.
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

30 minutes for volcano base is a really long time, the risk is dcing then have to start over again.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is a nice solo overall! Mixed feelings about the one shot attacks, they add a good deal of challenge - having said that its very RNG on last boss if Lobo pulls you into a strafing run and you either are unable to roll out in time or a strafing run occurs in between where you were and your then position next to Lobo. Very avoidable on 1st boss with HIVE Master/Steve Trevor but again a wipe if you make an error with the laser.

This solo would have been even better with a no KO feat.

This episode overall seems to require a lot of high single target damage in various parts.
    • Like x 1
  7. an81angel Well-Known Player

I think the wait time should be the same amount of time it took to clear the dungeon. If it takes 10m2s to complete the dungeon, then you only have to wait 10m2s for the lair theme achievement. You still wait a decent amount of time. 30m is way too long.
    • Like x 1
  8. Thoopid New Player

so erm. is PC ever gonna get a tune up? i have a mid-end pc that plays new games perfectly yet i get insane screen tearing on DC?
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

A couple of notes....

1. As mentioned before, the wait time is kind of excessive but that could be alleviated if alts could get the Volcano hideout by buying the feat with replays.

2. Is there a way to add a counter to how many adds have been defeated so we can know how many more adds we have to defeat to get the “busy work” feat?

3. I understand and accept mechanics and stuns in this solo but I do not understand why one-shots were applied to it though. Yes, we want a solo to be challenging but having one-shots is frustrating and kind of puts me off from wanting to run the solo. I can only imagine how frustrating this solo could be for a celestial user as they are in mid animation and can’t avoid the hogs one-shot.

Just a couple of notes from my experiences but overall a decent solo.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

30 minutes & it's a dive-size lair? You couldn't make it Atlantis / Brainiac size?
    Super weak.
  11. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

Today's hotfix fixed nothing. It's still lagging
  12. Time Beacon Active Player

The healing barrel in Lobo's room doesnt respawn after koq
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

The wait time and size for the lair is perfect. Love it!

Also I don't understand what people one-shots. Nothing one-shots, its just rapid high damage + its easy to avoid in the left front corner.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

There's a feat for this solo, that you have to finish it without using consumables or supercharge. But it's only available in the Normal version of the content. The same feat was available for the event version too in the duo of episode 34. Can you guys do something about it?
  15. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

As far as I know, It's not supposed to respwan. I mean, healng barrells only respawn in the event version.
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

One minor problem I have with the story, Superman can hear a bus falling off a bridge, so he leaves to save it. But he tells you he thinks Lois and Jimmy are in the building. He can't hear them having a conversation about the Lex's armor part? Lol
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

After Superman got married, he only hears this when Lois talks.

• Like x 1
  18. EP Ice Loyal Player

Hive Masters laser can one-shot you. It’s avoidable if you see his tell but it can happen if you get caught off-guard. Also, if Lobo pulls you into him and the hog is doing the fire or rocket launch at the same time, you can’t avoid the hit and it will one-shot you.

I think they mean that, even if you are defeated and you go back in to fight again, the barrel is not there if it’s busted during the first fight. Usually, the barrel respawns when you go back to redo the fight.
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

lol
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I can only do the event version, and I didn’t notice anything wrong with the heal barrel in the Lobo fight, but the one in the fight with Hive Master/Steve Trevor vanishes after the fight and doesn’t come back. Event is easy though, and I haven’t needed either barrels, but it’s strange with the vanishing all the same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.