Dev Discussion Episode 37: Volcano Mining Facility (Alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Welcome to the Alert - Volcano Mining Facility. Here you will track down where the teleporter from LexCorp Tower went to and figure out some of the secrets tucked away in this secret base.

There are 2 modes - Event and Normal ready for your testing and feedback.

Please post bugs and feedback here and note the difficulty mode you are reporting on.

Thanks! I hope you have an amazo time!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    On my first run though Volcano Mining Facility, Amazo activated Hard Light Shield and became untargetable. After that, he just stood there in the center of the room.. We waited a few minutes and eventually had to disband.
    • Like x 3
  3. Nezquick Level 30

Hellerrrrr, so my league & I were running the alert & at the first phase of Amazo, he stopped working. We were stuck in the fight room with Amazo & he just stood there in combat. We had to relog to reset the fight & it worked the second time. Frame drop is crazy.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating Amazo.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you describe what was happening when you saw frame drop?
  6. Nezquick Level 30

It happened throughout the alert, mainly on add groups. My league mates & I were experiencing frame drops at the same time.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    A different Amazo bug fight:

After doing Turretial Downpour and That's So Amazo, the room dome disappeared. I then picked up the green in the room, waited a few seconds, and entered the elevator. The group was then transported back to the middle of the room with a red dome being active. One player had to Warp Rally and run around the dome to get into the elevator.
  8. not_again Dedicated Player

For the Amazo shield bug, it’s happening because Superman is not entering the dome. Just wipe and this should put Superman in the room. When the turrets spawns the frame rate drops and creates major lag in the Amazo fight. Everything else seemed to work as intended.
    • Like x 1
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Have fixes for Superman and Amazo. It won't repro but I set up backup measures to get Superman in there. Something on Live is causing him to hiccup sometimes and not do what he's told. A more direct solution that doesn't involve the backup measures will happen when we do a client hotfix.

The option to turn the projector on should no longer be available after the fight is over in the next data hotfix.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ully Committed Player

I just want to echo what others have already mentioned. Amazo bugged out during two attempts of the alert. It all happened while in his Hard Light bubble phase. Also, we experienced a bug during the first boss encounter, where the giant robot did not appear. We ended up disbanding. We also experienced slight lag in the alert, but nothing compared to what's currently happening in the open world and in the elite raids.
  11. Gromm865s Active Player

We had the same issue with Amazo, we also had this weird lag spike right after the 1st boss. As we are doing damage to a couple ads, all the powers all of a sudden wouldn't cool down for me, yet I could still move, the 3 others in group were frozen and couldn't move, same with the 2 ads, they were just stuck. Voice chat was fine we could still talk to each other, and text chat was working fine. This went on for about a minute before the others could move again. Really weird if it was a lag spike, cause normally voice chat gets all "megatronic" when there's lag, yet this time it was just like normal chat.
  12. jptml217 New Player

ditto of 5 attempts on different characters amzo buggged out on 4 of those attemps, On another occasion, the dorr dd not open after 1st boss (giant robot)
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    - FPS drop, especially when turrets spawn at amazo fight
    - Superman was out of the room (Lex Luthor Fight) so he couldn't fix the cold/heat window
    - Amazo Fight: Dome appears again, even if boss is already down
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

The fix for Superman not being in the fight with Amazo is in the pipeline and out soon as possible. Sadly this behavior is brand spanking new as of today, he's been hanging around Lex too long on PC Test.

Allowing a player to to use the terminal after the fight and triggering the red door dome has also been disabled in the next hotfix. For clarity - did someone go over there to get a collection and turn a cog that was still active by mistake? That's what I saw when I watched one fight. If that happened, then did you leave the projector on the entire time to get the Feat? Otherwise the projector would be turned off and not able to be turned on again after the fight ended.

I've not heard of Superman not being in the Lex room before. Was he not in the intro matinee? Did the matinee not play? Need more details. He is part of the encounter so actually unhides from his spawn point after the matinee.

I put in a little side thing to hopefully help with the Turrets. Basically it looks like our physics engine doesn't like figuring out stuff like that on the fly so I'm preloading it as you enter the map, behind the scenes, not right at the fight for the first time. Should alleviate that particular spike.

Never heard of the door not opening nor, as I said, Superman not being there for Lex. Some of this is likely due to extreme lag but I'll look at backup precautions being put into place.
    • Like x 1
  15. Perdition Committed Player

Just killing random adds on our way to Amazo. The screen suddenly freezes and stutter, then recovers a second later. At the amazo fight where he lasso’d us, the whole screen froze, and more of that happend during the alert. I’m playing on the EUPS.
  16. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea, we didnt activate the terminals (for both feats) at Amazo fight. And after that, some1 activated the elevator, so every1 was teleported up. But i've seen a collection close to Amazo Fight, so i want back, and dome appeared. Not sure if any of the group members pressed something, but i doubt.

About the superman / Lex part: All i remember was, we've skipped the last add wave, so maybe superman went back to kill those, after the cutscene. (But i didnt look at him)
    We've had good dmg with debuffs on him, so MK I and MK II appeared at the same time, maybe that bugged it.
    Or it was just a bunch of bad luck :D
  17. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

The lex fight at the end my PS4 crashed. Submitted feedback through the PlayStation prompt. Do the devs get to see that data or does that only go to Sony?
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Lex’s rocket launcher is cheap, sudden, unavoidable death. He takes ten years to kill once his last shield is up because Huntress never does anything. The Amazo section has vomit inducing framerate issues. You already know Superman isn’t working properly. Another daily dose of frustration for four months, yippee.
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

As I already said, the turret thing has a fix coming that may help preload the physics data, making it so they won't load the data when you see them spawn in the fight.

Did no one see power core icons on the warsuits when that phase started? Did people take the cores to Huntress and she did nothing? Were all 4 taken? Details would be helpful.

For the rocket launcher, it is a skull attack, block to mitigate the damage. If blocking still allows you to die just from that attack alone, let me know and I'll look at adjustments.
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Engineering sees it I believe. Do you recall at what point it crashed? Someone had a crash when Superman fixed the ruptures. Trying to narrow down if a specific asset can cause this for some clients.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.