A question to the devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Have you considered a system where kind players are rewarded? I think it would be appreciated (at least by me) if respectful, helpful, and kind players got rewarded (extra marks or a feat) by another player.

**HOW THIS WOULD WORK**

This would only be for pug groups/players who were not in your personal group before you entered the instance. At the end of a successful instance, a notification pops up and the player chooses to acknowledge one person's kindness- it would be completely optional.

Whether a player should only receive one acknowledgement per instance is not something I'm sure of. If all 7 members of a pug raid believe a player deserves the acknowledgment, then I guess they can receive 7 acknowledgements. Maybe subscribed players can receive more acknowledgements? I don't know. I think that choice is left to y'all.

**REWARDS**

I had two in mind but it's certainly possible that there are other choices. Anyways, the first idea was feats. I was thinking that it could be similar to the token of merit feats. After getting x amount acknowledgements, you get a feat. And it builds upon that.

The second idea was to award some sort of currency. I was mainly thinking it would be extra amounts of the relevant currency.

Ideally, both can be done and after a player has achieved all of the feats, they can still receive extra currency.

After receiving all of the feats they can get a title as well.

"_____" the Role Model or "______" the Decent Hero. Or something along those lines.

With the toxicity I have witnessed in this game, especially with the obsession over scoreboard numbers, I think an incentive to be a decent player would be a good idea. And with all of the negativity around the world as well, I think a system where good people are rewarded would be very welcomed. I still remember a player (don't want to mention his name since it's not allowed) I met several years ago and how kind and patient they were with me when I was still getting used to the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Balton hero Committed Player

In spirit, I like the idea, but would be abused to the point where the intent is lost:

"Need people to run ________ and vote me the kindness award so I can get the last piece of _______"' for example.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree but it could even be worse.. Players hanging out in HQ offering to team with you and give you a "kindness" reward for the mere price of say 1 million? 5 Million? 10 million in game cash? heck you know dang well there are players out there that will do it. Heck we had the whole period of players Tanks especially selling their "services" to the highest bidder.. and there were Team leaders more than happy to pay.

It is a nice idea Nutella but hey you have been around long enough you KNOW there will be that element that abuses it and within a month or two of it going live (if it ever did) there would be a rash of players on here screaming to get rid of it because of the abuse.:(
    • Like x 1
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's true and very possible, but it's also why I mentioned that it should be done through random queue only. Only pugs could benefit. And another rule could be that you can only get a maximum of x acknowledgements in a day or some other time frame. I have seen this in another game and it doesn't seem like it's abused (I'm still fairly new to this game but I do spend time on the subreddit and it seems welcomed for the most part) . It seems like people appreciate it.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Wouldn't it be pretty tough to do this if you can only be acknowledged by a pug?
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

Depends on what you mean by a pug. Solely random queue? I guess. Idk. Maybe it's too cynical, but I'm leaning towards people finding a way to abuse it even then.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yeah I meant random queue. You cannot reward it to anyone in a premade group is what I was going for.

I just thought it would be an idea to consider since I saw it in another game and it seems to be welcomed by a good bit of the community. Also provides incentive for new tanks/healers/trollers who are clearly showing that they mean well and are putting in effort. I wish the "abuse" people had potential for was simply limited to only queueing as a support role and not DPS.

I think I may have let my optimism blind me, unfortunately.