Dev Discussion Episode 37: BoP Metropolis

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Welcome to the BoP: Metropolis Open World feedback page! Please comment here on any bugs or feedback you have!

Also, we have implemented a new Mission system! Each of our daily Mission givers will give you one repeatable task. There are multiple encounters that will update your Mission credit, you'll also find that some encounters will give more credit than others. This is all part of the new feature, so I hope you all try out multiple encounters when testing!

Thank you!
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Found a Bug with the Explore Mission. When you Interact with the one in the Main Mission Giver Area it Freezes you and Does NOT Let you exit. Had to Relog
    • Like x 2
  3. Starry Knight Active Player

The items from the Lois Lane mission (LecCorp Branded Circuitry, Counterfeit Zoo ID Badge and Empty Pheromone Vial) are going into the inventory unlike every other mission item that I remember and then staying there even after going back and turning the quest in. Is this what's supposed to happen and I need those items for a later mission or is it a bug and I'm free to drag-delete them?
    • Like x 1
  4. TLantern Developer

It's not a bug that they don't go away. I was trying something new with story telling and gave each item a special description to kind of clue people in on what caused the problems in Metropolis. We don't have a way to forcefully remove items from your inventory, so you'll have to delete them if you don't want them.
    • Like x 5
  5. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

This would make a very good reason to bring this old request up. Trophy Displays for the lairs. Something we can add items to that will display, it would require giving this items a in game model I understand but I think these new "Clue" items make a good argument for having displays we can set ourselves now.

P.S. Is the Lois Lane Mission not supposed to give map markers? Because I'm not seeing any thus far..
    • Like x 3
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Lois doesn't seem to have a marker over her head for the Bounty until you complete one of her other missions. Then it appears as per usual.
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There doesn't seem to be a single car or truck or bus or any traffic whatsoever in BOP Metropolis. Is this intentional? What happened to being able to throw them at enemies with super-strength? Why have super-strength in the game but an open instance with nothing to use it on?

Or are they just all in parking garages today because the Science Police are being strict about giving out tickets?
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Social distancing. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. BlackzStar New Player

10. TLantern Developer

I have vehicles turned off so we could have combat in the streets. Otherwise cars would run into pheromoned people, or animals. Along the edges of the map i set up police blockades to show that these streets are blocked off during the chaos.
    • Like x 1
  11. TLantern Developer

This sounds interesting. We don't have a system for this, but we can write it down for something to get in the future. Just to be clear, I'm not saying we will get it, but rather we can add it to a wish list for Design.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Credit to you for the open world, only part of the episode that hasn’t done anything to ruin my day today.

I like the open ended nature of the dailies. Nice little piece of Choose Your Own Adventure gameplay. I like that Harley’s form change devices are scattered around the map so you’re not having to constantly go back to one spot if you’re forced to ditch it.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So there's a stay-in-place order, you say?

The people in Doomsday Metropolis needed better mayoral leadership to distribute masks and orders to stay at home.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It would be nice if a few select blocks here and there, at least, without NPC instances, could be reopened to vehicular traffic, for the sake of flavor and the sake of providing weapons. But it's just a Want, and is in no way a Need.

Thanks for explaining. Appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  15. TLantern Developer

Okay, that made me chuckle.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is it intended for the open world adds to just punch through shields and interrupt players or still do damage to players that are shielded?

Happened earlier with the rioters.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I happened to notice some problems with the Ivy Acorns that spawn the bursted. This is on villains side. When I atack the NPCs around the acorn, there is one, a bald guy who does flamethrower, who doesn't take damage. Since we can't defeat him, we can't rescue the burster.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  19. Xritox New Player

Yeah well I'm sure you have a lot of compliments about how easy it is....but I'm sure all you ran it and maxed your gear first right so before you buff it Nerf there gear because they ruin the game an don't run just complain after they get theres
  20. Xritox New Player

Every one that Max's out cr then complains it's to easy after should have there elite gear back to normal instead of them complaining an not running after the buff make them run for there money
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.