Can we change Joker to Reverse Flash to be the main villain?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wildcat, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Wildcat Committed Player

Since we are stuck with old Joker voice and storyline reasons, can we change Joker to Reverse Flash to be the main villain? ;) (in the new storylines only)

Having Circe and Lex as the only two main villains its a little disapoing and confusing o_O

[IMG]

But if You have better ideas please post it here ;)
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

i'm a bit confused with your suggestion. joker is a mentor on the villain side and you're suggesting replacing him with reverse flash? replacing mentors that have been around since the game came out? no thanks. adding new mentors? they're better off sticking to large content dlc's instead of reinventing mentor missions.

flash-reverse flash dlc? i can see that in the future, but not new mentors or mentor replacements.
    • Like x 2
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

The OP didn't ask for them to replace Joker as a mentor. Just use Reverse Flash more since they don't seem to be using Joker all that much. Reading between the lines does not work that well in the forums.
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Setting aside any challenges in getting Mark Hamill to do the role again (we all know how well folks here adjust to voice changes on characters LOL) I think the use of Joker has been about right. He's not one you want to overuse, even if he IS Batman's main adversary. It was something they were pretty careful about on the animated series, and it worked out pretty well there.
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Reverse Flash isn't a tech villain though, is he? I was pretty sure he is meta.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

While we're at it, moving forward can Circe take a back seat and Cheetah get promoted?
    • Like x 2
  7. Wildcat Committed Player

I think he qualify as a Batman enemy ;)

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

Get rid of Lex and bring back the Overload! One of the greatest villians in game.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If we do get a WW episode it would make sense to elevate Cheetah but I also need more Artemis as well. We only had one instance with her and I need more. Also, give me Silver Swan and some other WW villains too. We need some thing without Circe and Greek gods (even though I love Michelle Forbes)
    • Like x 2
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I agree we need to shine the spotlight on WW's not-borrowed-from-greek-mythology mythology (Which I have wrote about before), particularly Godwatch by Greg Rucka, but I'm not so keen on bringing in Silver Swan. DC recently likes to use the Vanessa Kapatelis one and I know a lot of people see that version of her as a bastardisation of how George Perez wrote Nessie and her mother. Also they like to position Diana and Barbara Ann as THE frienemies duo and Vanessa's SS is entirely redundant on that front. Maybe if they adopt a version of Helen Alexandros she'd be much cooler.
    • Like x 1
  11. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I wasn't questioning if he was a Batman enemy, the issue is that if you're going to replace the tech mentor then it should probably be with a tech villain.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Re: Zoom. I am actually quite over speedsters in our content. They also have similar mechanics and are just annoying. Red Death was used quite a bit in the Metal episodes. I prefer something new. Even though Lex is used in BOP, we also have Lobo, Amazo, Brimstone, and Oracle Bot.
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think with DCUO, Barbara Ann has been all villain so I would be more willing to go with Vanessa for a bit more emotional gravitas of how Vanessa felt abandoned by Diana. In the villain side solo of Lexcorp tower for BOP, villains fight Steve Trevor and ARGUS and he mentions Diana. We need them together as well and Godwatch could be an appropriate story to mine like you suggested since Veronica Cale is already a part of DCUO lore. Blue Snowman shouldn't be that hard for DCUO development either since we already have giant robots and ice graphics.
    • Like x 1
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Wondy and Cheetah's relationship in DCUO hasn't been expanded beyond "they are enemies", so I can see them using the rebirth arc wholesale without much trouble. Most of Barbara Ann's lines and in-game involvement doesn't point to a specific character trajectory is what I'm saying.

Veronica Cale... she's probably the 3rd most used WW villain in this game after Circe and Ares, a bit surprising considering she's pretty low on people's radar in terms of Diana's rogue gallery (and that category is quite low on people's radar...) but I guess Cale has her appearances in the 52 weekly series to thank for. If they do bring her in for the next episode I can see them recycling we revisiting Oolong Island, which is pretty exciting! I'm just slightly annoyed that she uses a Lexcorp communicator head in the Origin Crisis operations.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've got an even better idea: Let's make it the Modern Age Barry Allen, AKA The Flash! 'Cuz if there's one thing he loves to do more than anything else in the Modern Age, it's screwing up the Timestream! :p
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

the title of the posting said to "change joker to reverse flash to be the main villain"... and the OP left out Lex Luthor as a main villain also.

perhaps it's my week 6 of isolation.
    • Like x 1
  17. dresserball Dedicated Player

Maybe it is. It is in the actual post.

18. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I agree with those who mentioned the difficulty and expense of having Luke Skywalker's actor do the voice work probably causing the lack of Joker dialogue. I also prefer it that way, because Joker's voice is super annoying. Give me more Calculator and Sinestro! ^_^

They also probably just spent a ton of money having Kevin Conroy do Batman's voice for Metal 2 (and maybe some other stuff they have saved for later)? I'm glad they had Ro Laren's actress as Circe in the content as late as Amazon Fury 3. Loyal, talented, and not overpriced voice actors are a boon to this game.
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

maybe "main villain" isn't the best term to use
  20. dresserball Dedicated Player

Maybe. I think the main villian was Brainiac anyways not Joker.