Devs, and general community request/question. It's electric.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The Grim Verum:
    I'm curious as to know why Polarized was the PI given for electricity. I've seen several electric dps', I have one myself, and have watched the powers being used. Most people are running and electrified loadout, and after spending a long time rotating through all the powers (polarized vs electrified), I've found that polarized just isn't viable as a dps.

Sure, polarized has more knock back, pull, and juggling effects, but it simply cannot push out the damage that electrified can. So, my request is that perhaps the Grim Verum could apply electrified instead of polarized, or adjust the damage of polarized powers to actually be viable for dmg, when/if using the Grim Verum?

I've come across a few electric dps' in duos and raids, that have asked me about my loadout in comparison to their own (as I did significantly higher damage on adds and bosses). After discussing with them what they were using, the polarized powers were always included in their loadout. When they changed to electrified, they mentioned a much higher dmg/s rate.

So, any chance on electrified PI from Grim, or maybe a balance pass on polarized? I personally would like to use some polarized powers, as their animations are shockingly appealing, just not capable of electrified output.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The reason is because the Electricity's SC generator applies polarized PI, Grim always applies the PI your SC generator does, in every powerset.

I too would like to see the Polarized part of Electric rebalanced, it's more visually appealing.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Correction: with Quantum being the only exception. Weird.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I kinda figured it had something to do with SC generator. If the polarized can't get balanced to electrified output, maybe if they could make Arc a SC generator, or even the voltaic (one that applies pi) a generator.

I really like the polarized, as well, as mentioned, animations.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that this at least gets consideration from the dev team.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Actually it used to be electrified when it was first introduced on test. I, along with others have pointed out that every electric dps uses arc lightning in loadouts because of how strong it is. The way it splits makes it so that it will always have a spot in every loadout. The polarize side of dpsing does not have any viable way to apply PI. So i will take partial blame (or credit depending on how you look at it) for why it was changed to polarized PI.
    • Like x 2
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Now if only you guys could convince the devs to make polarized dps a viable option lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And have balance?!?!?!
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Balance? Not sure what that means in the DC world lol. There's usually always been a 'FOTM' power. Not so much currently, but there are definitely ones that can't fork out like others.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

lol there will always be a fotm and nothing can be done about that lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

NGL, I was right there with you.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol yup. More than a few people also felt that way which I still think was the right move. Even on precision I use arc lightning. It’s just thats strong of a move
    • Like x 1
  12. Remi King Active Player

Yeees!!! Why does it have to be like this!! Why does Grimorium have to be useless for electric, we should be able to choose if we wanna play polarize or electrify loadout!! If we can’t get pvp and only pve we should atleast get some god damn variety in pve with our powers, and no, we don’t want to sub in iconic powers we want to play and use the abilities from the power we chose!!
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Before getting so upset about a game ask yourself this question. Would you ever not use arc lightning in an electrified loadout? If grim applied electrified would you not use arc lightning?
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

To be honest, (I've got 3 dps armories for electric) 2 of my loadouts, Arc lighting would likely get replaced with voltaic. The other one, absolutely not.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Fair enough
  16. Remi King Active Player

I would definitely use arc lightning, that’s not what I mean with Grim being useless, trust me I would get even more mad if grim applied Electrified PI, I’m mad cause polarize loadout is useless!!
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PI's in general need an overhaul.
    • Like x 2
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As long as Gazer doesn't end up casting something like Gailing Eruption every 5 seconds, I agree lol.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

More along the lines of does Electric really need 2 PIs? Does Quantum really need 2 PIs? Etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Oh yes, I definitely agree there! I could understand different PI's based on Role changes (purified vs cursed: healer vs dps), but not more than 1 PI for a single role.