Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Halcyon81 Level 30

i dare say this would lead to pvp exploits if they ever fix it.
  2. Arkage New Player

I'd very much like a translucent material to make constructs. I have this concept of a character who lost limbs and recreated them with hard light constructs.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pyrometers Active Player

An aura that changes when in combat like a calm aura when at rest turned violent when in combat . Also an aura that charges(like a super sayian) when standing still for a short period of time.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I just want future materials to be tintable.

I have every Powerset Material and Chroma, plus every Episode one, and I never display any of them. The reason why? They overwrite my color palette and reduce my overall customization.

I do occasionally use my Biolumievinesence or Void Materials, but that is it (I do not have Negative Speed Force yet).

Call me crazy, but what I really want to see from Materials is just a couple that are actual MATERIALS. "Cloth", "Leather", "Spandex", "Metal", so that they can overwrite the various glossy and matte finishes from different styles and provide some uniformity for pieces that otherwise cannot be made to match. But it only works if they are also tintable, so that they don't hyjack our color palette.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i guess be big issue is, that in order to make something look like actual Cloth or leather for exmaple you need very high Detail - wich dcuo simply cant provide at this Point.

The only way to make Cloth appear like Cloth is with Physics to certain items that makes them move like capes.

Metal works but somehow is behaving very weird when it comes to tinting the way you want it.

The only game that made a proper material customization so far is Anthem and the graphics surpass dcuo's by far since ist way newer.

Would like it it but is highly unlikely to happen unless they upgrade Details
  6. Good vs Evil Active Player

I would like skin tight auras like the ones green/yellow lanterns wear. Materials are TOOOOOOOOOO expensive and just having an aura would generate a market for them.
  7. Arkage New Player

I think just changing the way they reflect light is enough. You're making it into much more than what lllStrichcodelll was asking.

It's something I've been wanting too. That and be able to apply materials by color slot instead having to paint the whole part with the same material.
  8. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I dont know if someone ever suggested it before but here we go;

Partial Chroma Material
    We get 3 different partial chromas from the box.
    Partial chroma - 1 only effects 1st slot of gear. Other 2 slots remain uneffected.

Partial chroma - 2 only effects 2nd slot of gear. Other 2 slots remain uneffected.

And Partial chroma - 3 only effects 3rd slot of gear. Other 2 uneffected.
    That way we can make detailed costumization while keeping original texture of the styles. (i.e. survival mode styles)
    • Like x 1
  9. Herobrin3 King New Player

Can you guys set it up to where we can get collected matirials with replay badges plz. This would be amazing
  10. §Legend§ New Player

I want to see a Black and White Neon Chroma Pack after opening 600 Time Capsule. How about that? How about to stop cheating on player? Is that normal for DCUO? Is that normal for DCUO that you write a ticket about that and they can't help you? Since you don't think you're being ridiculed for it?
    • Like x 1
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Reminder that the Teekl bucket from halloween still have a good number of modular auras that don't have a full body version. Devs, before creating whole new auras with new animations, maybe you could look into recolouring some of the old ones?

I crave for a full body version of the Black Nimbus and Pink Plasmic from Teekl buckets. Also for a light blue Scorching Aura.
  12. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

We need red ultimate aura but orange on the inside and red on outside like this
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. NotStanLee Well-Known Player

gimme a like if you like this new trinket as i put it out there Oct 2018...now it could be an additional reward for BOP vendor but should be an accessory
  14. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Do you have any gifts BESIDES DB franchise stuff?? You do realize this is DC and NOT DB, right?
  15. Crixson New Player

HI PLEASSSEEEE CAN YOU MAKE ARTIC MATERIAL AVAILABLE AGAIN I HAVE BEEN ICE FOR SO LONG AND MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY LAST TIME
  16. Miah New Player

I think a material that looks like an old 8-Bit game. Or sort of a retro material, from the 80s, like the wacky styles from the old Miami Vice show.
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got a very simple material in my mind that would fit perfectly in the game.

Comic Material

A material, that creates strong outlines on the character. Similar or the same effect of how the Borderlands series looks like.
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hallucinating Material

This is actually looking quite similar to what i had in mind for the Comic Material, but they have this trippy Animation on top of that.
    Not sure how hard it is to turn that effect into a Material or if it is even a good idea, but personally i always liked the effect.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

They already gave us some DBZ inspired aura before though might as well give us a red version of them
  20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

syntetic kriptonite material