card game BAD!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dejanah, Mar 31, 2020.

1. dejanah New Player

this doesnt belong in end game mmos, it slows the game down, gives toxic players excellent opportunities to stop the whole raid, and it is simply BORING!!
    if i wanted to play a card game, I WOULDNT LOG INTO AN MMO!!!
    if they had made it a small, stand alone mission, or something...fine
    as it is now, it stops many players from progressing, and gives us reason to look for other games to play instead
    i know they have to give us variation, but not like this.
    • Like x 3
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

a lot of players don't like the card game - I don't like it too ;)
    check Youtube, it's more easy when You know what to do :rolleyes:
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

MMOs have puzzle elements to their gameplay. Some like it, some dont. I personally like it but you are right, it is something greifers or those who refuse to listen, make the experience horrible. FYI, you will not like the puzzle in the Clock Tower Raid coming up bwahahahahaha
    • Like x 10
  4. dejanah New Player

if i have to do that, then the game has failed, both as entertainment and education...
  5. dejanah New Player

if its worse than this, then i wont even try it..thanks for the warning
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

You don't HAVE to do that. The rules are spelled out in the game. Sometimes it's good to change up the "tell, dodge, hit things" routine a bit. Broaden those horizons.
    • Like x 7
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

I like the card game and i am glad we get something similar in next episode with the server room :D
    • Like x 4
  8. myandria Item Storage

The tolerance level of many players and their patience to learn/play different types of challenging puzzles and maps is BAD.
    • Like x 11
  9. Wildcat Committed Player

They are giving us that kind of challege for some reason, maybe they want to lose some players population, make some of players angry or rage quit or just have no ideas how to make a fun raid ;)

Time will tell :rolleyes:

In my opinion they should give us an option to do the puzzle/card game or kill 3 milions of mobs :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

i know a whole lot of people i hear are grinding this boss alone to gain faction or something, i have yet to get ANY faction gear. and i've been playing since 2012. i have 4 main toons that are cr 274 to 290 and i only ran that raid like 3 times. but yea.. it is a very strange boss. and really annoying if no one listens and 3 or 4 people go to mess with the card choices. and we sit there in a pug for 10 minutes. i hear ya. but i just simply haven't been doing it, i have just been getting my CR up on my 4th character. i am about to start grinding renown for the first time. so i'm sure ill be annoyed by it, but i dont think it doesn't belong its very easy if you know what your doing and its unique for this game. i am kinda in the middle on what i think of it. i dont think its fair people are getting tons of renown just by grinding that boss but who know. the only thing i hate is people just kinda hitching a rid being carried in these kind of instances
    [IMG]

when carrying someone through a alert raid/opp,
    Cheers
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

people just want to get in and out without having to think.
    • Like x 5
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You get the renown through beating elite content. Every renown milestone unlocks 2 pieces of elite gear at the elite gear vendor.
    • Like x 3
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i didn't know exactly how to get renown, until it has been made clear by this thread and some other people . thank you .
    that will come in handy to start knowing how i am doing with renown. cheers
  14. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Try making some friends and getting a group together instead of blind queuing- it's a multiplayer game and like any multiplayer game where you're in a group or on a team your experience will depend heavily on the people you play with.
    • Like x 3
  15. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

This is just one of those raids you can't do with a PUG group. Just like Assault and Battery. Any instance that demands real teamwork and communication, you'd be wise not to PUG. That doesn't mean these mechanics are bad though, they keep the game interesting. Just run them with your league, or with a group of players who you trust.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Add MoM to the list. If I pug on my main, I get a tank who can’t figure out the “matador” mechanic with the ice walls in 1st boss. If I PUG and tank it on my alt, I get 7 people who endlessly DPS Batman Who Laughs and don’t transport the alloy in last boss. FML.

I actually very much enjoy this raid, reg or elite, with a group who knows the mechanics. But I just say no to pugging it.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We were in this last night, they were taking so long to run barrels. Thankfully I dcd and just didn't log in.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yup, par for the course. One time I was trolling and it was just me and a DPS who understood the alloy mechanic. A few alloys in, Red Death knocks me off to the opposite side of the endless BMwL burn fest and the other competent player died coming to save me and didn’t get picked up. So I opened group chat and picked up my bluetooth keyboard...

You: Help with alloy please
    You: Bueller?
    You: Anybody starting to wonder why they’re not getting power?
    You: No?
    <i>Illumin X left the group</i>
    • Like x 1
  19. Dwild Well-Known Player

Confused...is this a complaint about the Metal II raid where you have to knock out Batman Who Laughs cards? It's not a game, it's a puzzle...just a different kind of puzzle than the one in the past raid where you had to navigate thru a maze that changed every 10 seconds. The only bad thing about the card game is when you get a pugger who either won't let someone who knows the tricks do it or some twit who deliberately screws it up because some people in here think messing with other players minds is somehow "funny." If you really hate it, don't do the raid.
    • Like x 1
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

I hope the devs ignore complaints about the card game. We had the same with the jumping element of Shattered Gotham. I applaud them for implementing unique mechanics. As long as they are fair. Unlike the cog in SGe, which is wretched.
    • Like x 5