Test Discussion Episode 37: Fire & Brimstone (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey! I hope these crazy times find you and yours doing as well as possible.

We've been hard at work on the new "Birds of Prey" episode, including the Fire & Brimstone 8-Player Raid, which should now be on the PCTest server.

Please use this thread to discuss this new Raid, including reporting any issues you come across. If you have any feedback, please give as much detailed information as possible, including whether you're playing Event, Normal, or Elite, and Hero or Villain, as well as the CR of the gear you're wearing (if not in event mode).

There are some known issues as of 3/27, which I intend to address while this content is on the Test server:
    • Sometimes, when you are in a turret, if you're KOed, the turret doesn't reappear.
    • The first time you get in either turret, it's possible that you won't see the turret.
    • Matinee cutscenes have additional polish work forthcoming.
    • Brimstone's fire auras are not rendering consistently.
    • Allies and enemies towards the end of the final boss fight have occasional behavior issues.
    • Not all Feats are in yet.
    • Additional difficulty tuning, particularly for Elite mode.
    • Icons for interacting with the turrets aren't visible. For testing until this is resolved, look for the white dots on the minimap to help you know which turrets are available to be interacted with.
    Again, thank you for playing DCUO, and in particular, thank you for helping test the new content on the Test server! We hope you enjoy!
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Turrets need to Show some visual indication when hitting the Right Targets.
    We ran Elite today, and it is very boring sitting in a turret, Shooting 20x with the 1st ability on the Fire Shield of the boss without showing any dmg numbers or a lowering Shield bar on the boss.

Same goes for the Turrets of the final Boss fight of Course.

Bug:
    At the 1st Boss in Elite, the Lava AoE is not damaging instantly as soon as you go in. When Superman clears some Patches of the Lava it sometimes acts, as if the Lava would still be there and you get massive dmg.
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Was with them. Got 20k ticks in the places where Sups cleared the lava still.

Turrets need a marker, had to guess in the first attempts.

Overall not the hardest raid but general feel is that its playable. I personally like this raid a lot more but as we dont know if the other is bugged or not, at least it doesnt comes with unfriendly anti-pug mechanics like clocktower.

Imo, wouldnt do too much to it, fixing the dmg and maybe doing something for the turret indication on first use. The handclap is a simple gear check at 293 (only survived in block or with shield but assume as soon we over 300 its only a close to death attack). And when the AoE lava works proper its quite nice.
    • Like x 1
  4. AccOp Well-Known Player

You shouldn't be able to be in the turret and still get can be hit by Lex's barrage attack. Was stunned so couldn't leave the turret and breakout in time and move away, unavoidable damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

on the 1st boss in elite hand clap will one shot people if not blocking and thier is no skull tell for it.
    2n boss rockets will one shot a random player and also thier is no skull or tells for it is pure luck!
    will have video of it soon to show example of both!
  6. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Brimstone Fight:

Is it intended that you can stand on the outskirts of the room,when lava has flooded the whole room,without taking damage?
    Also is Brimstone supposed to be static in one position or is he intended to move?As sometimes he would move slightly towards the edge of the lava.

Lex Luthor Fight:

Adds will always get aggroed by npc's.
    That huge spider add/subboss towards the end of the fight isnt a threat unless you melee
    • Like x 1
  7. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

From what Ive noticed, the handclaps happen when people stand closer to the boss than the tank.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rockets are basically like a reskinned Arcane Barrage from Doctor Fate in FoA
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback

The pets are attacking Brimstone during that whole cutscene. Coming out of the cutscene at 37 seconds, everyone is in combat. Brimstone lobs an AoE attack at 39 seconds that KOs multiple players. I don't see how you were supposed to have enough time to react to that.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    If you are going into this raid for the first time, it is really easy to be confused as to what the turret mechanics actually accomplishes. You are firing a lot of rounds into Brimstone, but there isn't much (any?) feedback on the turrets helping out. At best, you see some small damage over top the boss.
  11. Ully Committed Player

This raid has a lot of issues that have already been outlined by other testers but here are somethings we discovered during our run.

The enemy NPC becomes active during the cut-scene and knocks out a few players. Please note that this event happened during every attempt we had. (As a side note, the same issue exists during the cut-scene with Barbatos in Into The Dark Multiverse Raid, despite it being on live servers since December)

The door glitched after we wiped during Lex's Alpha phase and we could not enter the room. We tried rallying but ended up disbanding when that failed.

Invisible and inconsistent visual indicators for rockets. The rockets are hard to see with all the animations and sometimes impossible when Lex launches them when he's directly facing you. In the video above, slow it down to 0.25 times and tell me if you can see them.

Players are not immune to Lex's 1 shot abilities while on the turrets, which leaves them exposed with no opportunity to evade.

Overall thoughts.

The instance itself isn't difficult but the combination of invisible rockets and turret deaths prevented us from completing the raid. We can't counter mechanic's that we can't see or evade 1 shot abilities if we're stuck on the turrets. We'll test it again after these issues have been addressed.
  12. Ully Committed Player

Finally, Healers can heal players through the barrier if they've been knocked out.
    Question - Are there any anti-flier mechanics during the encounter with Brimstone? If not, there should be.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

Because of how the camera is behaving it is really hard to have "alpha lex luthor" who is flying and "jimmy olsen" on the ground at the same time in ones field of vision and because of that alphas lex luthors rocket attacks are hard to avoid since one will see them late or delayed.
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Non-combat related issue:
    The Brimstone boss uses an old combat theme, but the ending is brand new and have no relation to that one.
    I believe there are new music for the boss fight that were not being implemented correctly.

Side note: Thanagar's combat theme is not implemented properly in that map as well.
  15. JackFrost Developer

Hey everyone, I just wanted to chime in and mention I've read all of the feedback here. We have certain internal deadlines, so I've had to prioritize certain fixes over others, and therefore a lot of noticeable changes won't be on the Test server for a few days. I will be looking at the things you all have brought up with regards to difficulty and messaging, but it may take a little time for me to get to it.

A few changes that will hopefully be out with an upcoming PCTest hotfix include Matinee Camera polish/fixes, and some improvements to the Turret firing experience. I'm not positive when these changes will make it to the Test server, but it'll likely be a couple of days. Keep an eye out for hotfix notes! In the meantime, thank you for your feedback!
    • Like x 3
  16. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

still not fixed lex luthor will do his missiles and kill people without a skull attack get this fixed? this is after hotfix
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bug:

4 People died in the cutscene to the 1st boss Encounter. I guess a Lava field spawned right beneath us.

Bug:

If a Person is waiting in front of the closed door after dying in the fight, the door doesent reopen after the whole Group wipes. (This happens in Dark Multiverse aswell - an ongoing bug since last Episode launched)
    • Like x 1
  18. Tha Wiz New Player

On top of the bugs going on with this raid that people have already mentioned, and are still continuing on today. This raid is way to easy imo..

Very basic stuff happening in this raid. Way to easy of mechanics on Elite and something should be done to make this harder for sure. I think Alpha Lex rockets should do more damage like they were before. The lasers should move a little bit faster and should do more damage. The lasers don't really cover to much of the room either. Think they should move around the room more to make it more difficult for the group. First boss seems to be a decent difficulty. I like how you have to be on your toes a lot since the boss throws a bunch of stuff at you..

To me this raid is a night and day difference in elite than how CTe is, and would be easy to farm renown and marks in this raid with how easy and fast you can do it.. Ran this raid earlier this morning, before we got smoked in CTe. :confused:

So, First boss seems good, but last boss definitely needs to be worked on...
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m PS4 so not on test. But in watching OC’s video of the regular version, I was concerned about what seems like a very short timeframe between when Alpha Lex’s chevron skull appears and that white aura one-shot attack hits. The video was not sped up. With such a small window to react, Atomic tanks are going to constantly get caught in combo animations and KO’d in elite. This forces atomic tanks to either have to constantly kite to stay out of it’s range at all times and/or to only do the minimum required one 3-hit combo every 14 seconds to keep the aura up, essentially throwing atomic’s self heal mechanic out the window. But even doing that you still have a 14% chance of being screwed by unfortunate timing and nothing you can do to prevent it save for maybe popping Amazonian Deflection. Lady Blackhawk’s dive one-shot was essentially the same scenario with there being no time to jump cancel and block if the skull popped up right as you were tapping for a combo hit unless you kept her around max target range distance away at all times.

I understand that not only is it intended and a raid designers goal but it’s also a big part of the entire point of raids’s unique mechanics to force players to make some adjustments to their loadout/rotation/playstyle/etc in new and unique ways. But forcing atomic tanks and only atomic tanks to kite 100% of the time and minimize the use of atomics healing mechanic goes a step or two beyond reasonable adjustments tailored to a raid or boss fight. This is essentially what made SM near impossible to tank with atomic after round 10.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Sorry about that. The fix for this went out later in the day Friday. Please let me know if you all are still seeing this issue now. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.