Apparently there is a spring sale...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

SPRING SALE!

Spring is here, and there's never been a better time to not go outside. Stay in this week and enjoy discounts on the DCUO essentials!
    The following fan-favorite consumable items are 30% off throughout the sale:
    • Replay Badges
    • Respec Tokens (all)
    • Artifact XP Packs
    • Seal of Preservation Pack
    • Stabilizers

The US Spring Sale begins at 4AM PT on March 26, 2020, and ends at 11:59PM PT on April 1, 2020.
    The EU Spring Sale begins at 4AM GMT on March 26, 2020, and ends at 11:59PM GMT on April 1, 2020.

Source: https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-spring-sale-march-2020
    • Like x 5
  2. Controller Devoted Player

3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While any sale is appreciated, this is the same stuff that was on sale recently at a much better rate(50% I believe). While I'm sure lots of people are thinking of stocking up on XP for the upcoming (Mepps willing) 'mystery' week, most are likely stocked up already from the previous sales.

It would be nice if there were a sale on things that were NOT covered recently, like inventory/bank/broker expansion slots, armories or episodes.

Again, not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be nice if the horse would be a different color one of these times.
    • Like x 1
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Yup.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The problem with the sale is that at 30% with the exchange rate I am paying the same if not more than if there actually wasn't a sale

:(
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Oh, Canada.
    • Like x 1
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

Isn't it still less then if you bought it without a sale?
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm assuming the sale isn't going to apply to the PS loyalty vendor, right? so, I won't be able to use my monthly points grant?
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Does the membership discount stack with this to make the items 35% off or am I wrong?

Either way, kind of wish they didn't do this until the Covid situation came down a peg or two.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Looks to be. Stabilizer packs usually run around 1710 or so with the membership discount, but the price when I checked it was lower (can't remember the exact number right now).
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The post above by Draconess says $13.30 for 20 stabilizers and $7 for 350 Replay Badges.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...that's the same price as Premium/F2P (assuming Drac is a member), so no....no stack for members. Ideally it would be 30% after the 10%, so 350 replays would be 630 (900 x .70), or straight up added to the 30% for 600 per 350 replays. 30% is still better than 10%, but member is not better than F2P in this case.
  15. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

That's without membership discount, I don't have legendary at the moment. :oops:
    Sorry, should've mentioned it before.

You got my name wrong, but that's okay xD :oops:
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Argh....I was hornswaggled. Yep...just logged in on my member account and 350 replays is 630, which is 30% off the 10% discount price or approximately 37% total. Members (in this case) get a bit more.

Ooof, so did I, but to be fair, I was looking up at the previous poster, MsTickle...who unfortunately got it wrong. Lots of wrongness going on.
    • Like x 2
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sorry about that!
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You're obviously not a subscriber, so here's the correct prices for subscribers.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Already said so in the comment above. :oops:
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Didn't read your second post :p
    • Like x 3