Birds of Prey Teaser: Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

If you're going to mess with the planet, you will have to go through her.
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

My all time favorite villain! Thank you for updating her!!!

Edit: Also can we have a new avatar on the forums for the new model please @Megzilla :D
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

She kinda looks weird with that stance/personality. She would look alot more graceful/flirty if she had the stance/personality of the classic poison ivy model.
    • Like x 5
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Her stance looks off but the outfit is killer.
  6. Athéna37 New Player

My Ivy is Better ask me if you want more opé style :) [IMG]
  7. Elli Mae New Player

Honestly the stance is just fine to me, however it is those Man calves Ivy has now.. It is the opinion of this humble player that Ivy's legs are the issue to what is throwing off the stance or her image.. Her legs are looking very masculine and we are just not use to the new masculine look y'all have given this awesome lady, sry...
  8. Wildcat Committed Player

+1
    Report her personality as a bug when devs put her update on pc test ;):rolleyes::eek:
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

she's always been in the power stance, surely? I can't recall ever seeing her flirty. I mean, if I'm wrong, I apologise, but I'm fairly sure the power stance is her standard. that said, she would definitely look better flirty.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think the problem here is that in the picture she’s using the MALE version of the powerful stance, rather than the female version which is what she usually has.
    • Like x 2
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ahhhh, yes. now you mention it, yeah, of course.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I love this redesign because I’ve always hated green skinned Ivys. Probably controversial but yeah.
  13. Megzilla Developer

Yes, I was waiting for her to be announced before doing new avatar :p
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Props for having the courage to drop the green skin. I honestly can’t take her seriously when she looks like a martian.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

Yay! You're the best :D
  16. Megzilla Developer

We originally had no green skin but we thought it took too much away . Glitter, I believe, had the awesome solution of giving her a little green gradient so we have the best of both worlds.
    • Like x 4
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah good call. Like in Injustice 2 where she has a sublte light green pallor but still looks like you know, a human being. The green skinned Ivys don’t even look like plants, they look like Martian Manhunter’s long lost cousin! And why would she still have red hair?! Sorry, I went off of a tangent because this has always been a pet peeve of mine concerning the character. :D
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm confused.

Thanks muchly for the hard work, but I thought Ivy had green skin because she has chlorophyll-using skin, no? How would a body end up bottom-half chlorophyll-using and top-half not?

I mean, it's not as if Ivy paints herself green. If it isn't inherent biology, why is she green at all? It's never been shown to be a choice she makes for the sake of fashion. Various references specifically explain the green as being chlorophyll. She's always, to be the best of my knowledge, been portrayed as either green or not green, but never, ever, ever (to my knowledge) half-green. To be sure, I may not have seen some run where there's precedent.

(Yes, people can say "it's comics," but that's actually not an excuse for things that make no sense. It's not that hard for good writers and artists to make wonderful designs that also make logical sense.)

Biologically speaking, if she's going to be half-chlorophyll, it would be the top half of her body, not the bottom half, since sunlight comes, of course, from up, not down. Or is she supposed to now be walking on her hands all the time?
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think the legs are tights/pantyhose. Then again, looking at the arms, maybe not. Hm, that is a bit odd. Maybe they should have gone with the subtle pallor. It’s still a more natural looking shade though. Regarding the orientation of the gradient, maybe she has roots in her feet? Ewww, that’s kind of disturbing, thanks brain!
  20. Walvine Well-Known Player

Would like to have ivy's complete set please including the gradient skin tone to go with the gradient hair styles from previous content.