Bonus Currency Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS CURRENCY WEEK

In case you haven't heard, every week is a bonus week at DCUO for the foreseeable future. Open Episodes are on, and it all starts March 19, 2020, with a special bonus currency week.

Stay home. Stay safe. Have some fun.

BONUS SOURCE MARKS

This week – from Thursday, March 19, 2020, through Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – all players will receive DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game.

All episodes. Everywhere. If it's an instance that awards you Source Marks, you will get 2x this week.

Source Marks are primarily used to unlock vendor gear through Episode 33.

BONUS CURRENCY REWARDS

This week – from Thursday, March 19, 2020, through Wednesday, March 25, 2020– all players will receive DOUBLE currency rewards in two of our most recent episodes: Justice League Dark (Daemohedrons) and Metal Part I (Dark Metal Coins).

These currencies are primarily used to unlock episode-specific gear and rewards.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus currency week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on Thursday morning. Excludes Metal Part II (Thanagarian Marks).
    • Like x 15
  2. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I really applaud this. Been playing since day 1, and always felt bad for those that work a lot on weekends or go away for a weekend and it timing out to a bad time. This is incredibly more fair.
    • Like x 3
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

much kudos where kudos due, fellas. ignore the begrudgers. you get two jaded calloused owld thumbs up from me. thankyou.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I find nothing wrong with this idea.

How about for one of those upcoming mystery ??? weeks, we get "2x chance of rare collection drops" week? Then I could maybe have a .0002 chance of getting drops from the speedster solo. The other ??? week should of course be for the '2x bonus that shall not be named'.
    • Like x 2
  5. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Open Episodes? So does that mean that if my kids want to play and are not legendary they can get into everything?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes. (They still need to be the appropriate combat rating, etc.)
    • Like x 2
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I am not complaining because the toon I did this on has a lot of source Mark's but I did Nth metal manbat and got double metal coin but only 8 source Mark's. Everything else that's relevant has doubled source marks.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Only queued up stuff gets 2x source, not open world. Thats always how source works. Episode marks are on all relevant content, que up and outdoor. BTW...the souce marks you choose in a raid loot chooser are not doubled either, so only content where source is rewarded (relevant).
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

awww thanks daybreak

[IMG]
  10. iExecutioner New Player

I really like this. Thank you guys. Can we also please have the required rare drop collection items for dark Robin's gift added to a vendor since it's tied to a feat? Just asking. Thanks again for the bonus weeks. This is another step in the right direction.
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

whats this? what is dark robins gift? a trinket ?
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It drops from the last boss of the MoM raid.

Dark Robin’s gift is the item which you feed catalysts into, and the gift opens to give you the OP neck gear. To get the three catalysts, you have to complete three separate collections that drop from the various Metal Part 1 missions and instances. The most rare of the collections is Luthor’s Mangled War Gauntlet that drops off the last boss in the Central City / Red Death solo.
  13. Toshknight Loyal Player

dang. so you have to loot this item from the last boss. and do all all those collections to complete it?, still confused a bit hehe ,but i like stuff like that. i havent done anything like that since war of the light. still working on getting my Flash bio so i can get my negative speedforce material. i litterally have been trying to finish that since it came out. well. i had someone offer to sell me flash bio for 125 mil. like 2 weeks ago. but i couldnt make the money fast enough lol of course. but dark robin's gift sounds cool as hell. ill have to look into that