DEVS: Some seasonal marks math...it barely adds up

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So on the 1st day of an event, I always look at the potential marks, the required marks to finish all new feats and figure how many toons I need to run on to get it done, especially if I'm looking to catch up on old feats as well. With the change this year for the tour to weekly, we are able to get 70 marks per week running 1 toon daily. That's 140 for the 2 week event. 162, with the 26th being a reset assuming 'ends March 26' really means early AM the 27th....(bonus 8 if you stay up for the post reset pre reboot 8 daily run on the 27....I'm not going to count that though).

The items required for this years feats are 156 (100 accessory, 20 for 1 of the styles, 36 for 6 base items), so yes...if you run every day without fail you can get it done on one toon...barely. Miss one day though...nope.

Now, I personally will run on LOTs of toons, and will probably run every day, so I will not have an issue, but shouldn't it be attainable without that grind? Take V-day we just finished. We had 100 mark accessory, 75 marks worth of style and 60 marks worth of base items for 235 total. We had a 25 day event where you could earn 10 marks a day, again...barely enough. I can't recall the rest, but St. Pattys is also very short at 2 weeks where most are 28-30 days. Why not reduce the price on the accessory to 50 or 75, or make the weekly tour worth 25 or the daily worth 10?

Seasonals are supposed to be fun. Fun should be attainable without extra grind or cash (although we all know cash is a factor...it's easy to buy an extra 50 marks and take a week off).

Not saying this is completely unfair or some great injustice. And yeah, I know you don't 'have' to get all the feats done. Just saying when laying out the feats and rewards, it should work out that 1 toon can get the job done and allow for 1 or 2 missed days, especially with the short duration event. I know many of us grind it out with no issues, but some do not.

That all having been said, I do think the reduction in how many times you need to run the tour helps. The 33 coins were never an issue, but running the tour daily was a chore to be sure....KER-FLUSH!
    • Like x 5
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

They are selling seasonals marks on the MP (I think thats the only thing they added to the MP in a long time)... is not a casualty.
    You guys shoulnt give a damn about seasonals feats or those ugly styles they release.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Why shouldn't we?
    • Like x 1
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

Because they're ugly, duh!
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All feats are beautiful in their own way....

Oh, you meant the styles. That matters not to me, I generally won't wear any seasonal styles or play dress up. I'm only concerned with the feats associated with them.
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's your opinion.
    • Like x 6
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

Feats are overrated this days. But that was only my opinion of course.
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Gear is overrated my opinion
    • Like x 3
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

over rated or not who wants to look at an incomplete feat you wont be able to compete until next year for a whole year?

I was on a break from the game last year so i missed out on valentines day and st patricks. The new base items are fun.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Feats are feats.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like these?

I retract what I said about all feats feets being beautiful.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t see why people shouldn’t have to work hard for seasonal feats, by which I mean, log in every day or use more than one character. Feats should be worked towards, thought out and earned; not a badge for participation.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Time Capsules and Tier 1-6 feats want a word with you
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

I take your point entirely.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% agree on any kind of 'skill' based feats (and I use the term lightly) or ones that have a set count like "Run X 10 times"..."Spot Y 12 times", but just grinding out marks on a seasonal should not 'require' 100% participation to finish just to buy some styles you have no interest in other that the feat. Especially for those who are just joining us and trying to pick off a few pieces of old feats. Now i'm not saying give them away, but if the seasonal is 14 days I'd think 11 or 12 days of running should be enough to get it done...especially as the weekly is not able to be reset if you did want to grind it out on one toon. The game has enough busy work already, seasonals should be a fun distraction, not more of the same.

Again, it's just my opinion, and I won't personally have any issues myself as I'll run on 10 or so toons, but I'm a bit crazier than most.
    • Like x 1
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Oh, I'm sure they did the math very carefully. Hence the availability of seasonal marks in the marketplace. In other words... you want it that bad? Pay for it.

Also, better make sure you "close" all the seasonal missions in your "on duty" tab for each of your toons... everyday, or you're screwed. I know people tend to forget to do that when they run multiple toons.
    • Like x 2
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

My issue with this is that people complained when they started introducing seasonals that couldn’t be completed in one year even across
    Multiple toons without hammering replays to reset the content.

They seem to have changed it so that these things can be done very comfortably on 2-3 toons, with the only relay badges needed to unlock the feats, and there are still complaints.

A small amount of grinding, particularly where we are in the DLC cycle right now, is reasonable IMO.
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Just patiently waiting for accessory to be changed into account bound instead on non trade to turn seasonal list all green again maybe the 250 seasonal currency caps should be risen ! .