Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

1 Vbolt does more damage than 1 arc on fewer than 4 targets. On 4 it's a wash. On 5 or more Arc wins.

Most people use Arc 3-4 times in a 12 second rotation. You'll lose massive damage if you do that with Vbolt.
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That is good to know. Thanks
  3. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Indeed it is.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This was one of those powers I thought was worthless for stat revamp. The reason behind it was as a second PI applicator but I think the DoT is just too weak because it doesn't leverage PI. I suppose that if you needed another DoT for a boss that jumps around (speedster) then it could be useful.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I used to love speedsters before I started playing dcuo now I flinch when ever I see one
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

LT and I had this conversation and testing maybe 6 months or so ago, on Arc vs Vbolt.
    The way the typical rotation lines up if using Vbolt you will cancel out at least at least 60% of your DOT (it get's 12ticks)
    Meaning you are forced to add something else to your rotation, to accomodate adding a small DOT, ending up with a big loss of damage.

Like he mentioned ARC is usually cast about every 3-4 seconds vs 12seconds. The loss in damage in ST or small groups is easily made up by amount of casts.
  7. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I'm kinda shocked that VBolt is better on 3 or less considering how well Arc splits even on 3 targets. Based on this wouldn't it be better to use VBolt on ST that Arc? Unless it's VBolt is better on 2-4 targets but Arc is better on a ST. Either way given how the raids are never just pure ST Arc would seem like the better option no matter what.
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Vbolt will do more damage 3 and under adds (if allowed full 12 ticks of DOT)
    Problem is you will almost certainly overwrite the DOT, by recasting which is a loss of DPS.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's a good question and maybe we need to pick a particular fight and and determine if it would be worthwhile, like Lady Blackhawk in Phoenix Cannon. Is it worth recasting when the Supressor spawns given that other adds are out.? Probably not. The only place I can think to use it might be against the Dark Knights in the Barbatos fight. But is there room in the loadout for it?
  10. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Real fight situations I want Arc over VBolt even if VBolt parsers higher because situations change and having an Arc ready to pop on a dying add seems far more valuable. This is some projecting I know but just from my style of play it just seems like the better option even if just for those moments...... especially with a Circuit Breaker.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

In a pure single target situation Vbolt wins. That's about it. Also, you have to have a load out where something better than Arc is always off cool down. So if you're using something like Ionic, HV, VBlast, against a single target, then Vbolt is better than Arc (by about a 6/5 ratio).

In most situations you'll want Arc, because even if the damage is less on fewer targets, the damage against extra targets is 'free' in that it doesn't split. So Hawkman surrounded by a bunch of Embers is a clear win for Arc Lightning (and Tesla Ball does reasonably well for the same reason).
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, ST loadouts for all powers still need to be capable of splash/AOE damage. The past few DLC really haven't had many true ST fights. False Idols maybe during Cerberus but the 2nd boss still needs good AOE when the swords come out.
  13. AD Leo Well-Known Player

And see that's kinda what hurts Electric S/T is all the hard hitting powers are AoE except TBlast as opposed to say Quantum that has Lift or Gravity Field. I've been thinking of something along these lines for S/T

Arc
    TBall
    VBlast
    HV
    TBlast until adds pop then

Arc
    TBall
    VBlast
    HV only using TBlast as a finished for adds with less than 20% roughly.

Ionic Drain with LaMort at 160+ could be an option maybe?!?!?
    • Like x 1
  14. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I'd have TBlast out where most people place Robot Sidekick
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

IMO, keep dual armories or don't do it at all...

Like many powers there simply isn't enough tray spots to have solid MT & ST in one. This is my real issue with the difference between PREC and MIGHT powers, but I digress

I have 3 armories for Electric DPS Standard MT Might based, SIngle Target Prec based (still building artifacts)
    & ST Might based. For ST Might my loadout is ARC, wired, T-Blast, VBlast, HV and Circuit Breaker. Not Again has a really good one too, but I already had Solar and didn't want to change.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The lack of true ST fights has been a deterrent to using La Mort for me. And as we get over geard for content, stuff starts to melt so fast that you wouldn't be able to get a lot of stacks.
  17. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Who's Not Again? Where can I find the ST LO?
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

It's in this guide, but I copied and pasted.
    I have come up with what I think is the new might single target loadout. I have been testing things quite a bit recently since there really isn't much to do in game currently. This is probably a lot different then what people are used to running and hopefully some of you here can possibly help build on this with movement powers.

Loadout is Heat Vision (HV), Electrostatic Bomb (EB), Attract (A), Electrocute (EC), Electrogenesis (EG), Circuit Breaker (CB)

Artifacts- Grim (sets up the polarized PI), Solar Amp, and transformation

Rotation- HV, EB, A, EC, EB, HV, EB, A, EG then repeat

I have tested a ton of different rotations that I have come up with and a lot of the YouTube rotation. I keep getting the best results with this setup. The only drawback here is the only flexible artifact is the transformation card. The dead king works well here as well as scrap. This rotation does not gain Supercharge fast so the Gemini probably isn't the best.
  19. not_again Dedicated Player

Chill's is better unless you have the Bat Drone or Joker Blimp.
  20. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Thanks Mazah, once I started reading it I remembered where I saw it. I'm going to test them both for myself tonight and go from there. Good starting point tho Not Again and Chill.