Quantum battle troll

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jensu, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Jensu Well-Known Player

So as the title says, I want to try battle trolling, as I'm not familiar with battle roles at all, I am asking for help, what artifacts I should use, loadout etc, any help would be great
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just use my regular troll artifacts. I spec into Superpowered, grab my damage crits and Power heal crits, full Might/Power, and I put the rest in Vit.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Do you use Claw or Tetra?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it's an alert or if the group has a good grasp on power management, I will use Claw.
  5. Godtr0n Active Player

I am currently struggling to find any situation when being a battle troll is actually something I should be doing rather than jist providing either a full troll or a dps role better.

Saying that ny actual damage build could be considered a battle troll purely because I am in controller role. But that is only because I use prexision damage build ans find keeping both my precision buffs up along with a cog and venom wrist dispenser as well as my defense debuff and a bit of crowd control actually does quite decent damage. However I do this in troll gear as Ii havent bothered acquiring a full damage set given limited bank space and the rare opportunities that I ever have to actually try to DPS anything outside of solo or events.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Personally I find battle roles to be less helpful than players performing their roles. If a battle troll starves their team for power then their damage wont matter.

If your rai

If you run with a league then you should find out what they need. If they are a precision based raiding league, then someone probably runs Cog. Therefore, PPH would make sense as the troll is getting a prec buff. PPH benefits from added Prec.

If you run with a Might based league then Tetrahedron made be an option. If you run with a SC based leave, EoG may be worthwhile. If your league is good on power mgmt then Claw is an option.

If you pug a lot, I would not recommend being a battle troll. Most pugs can't cope with a Claw troll who specs properly.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Battle roles period are not needed or desired unless you're an upper tier character in a lower tier raid or an event raid. A lot of people still don't understand there are roleless buffs in alerts so sometimes I'll be asked to switch to troll... Guess who's switching to battle troll?
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be fair I do tend to battle tank and battle heal in alerts and low tier raids. But that’s because:
    As a tank it’s hard to die in lower level stuff especially when running mystic symbol. The healing from that artifact will make it hard to die by itself lol.
    As a healer if the group is not taking much damage because they out gear stuff than healing more is not going to do anything so I just add a little damage lol it trolls on the other hand aren’t really needed because if you sacrifice power out for damage than you risk losing the dpses out put
    • Like x 1
  9. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

In my humble opinion, one should only battle-troll if you're running a lower tier and your team-mates are high enough CR and also know how to spec/use correct rotations. Otherwise, they tend to run out of power (simply because their rotation sucks) and they will blame you for that. I mean, there's no reason for any powerset to run out of power in the way this game is currently set up, if you do your rotation and you run out of power, that is because you are doing it wrong! But, in their eyes it will always be the troll's fault.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'll battle heal if the burn is slow or if for whatever reason we're 2-3 manning the fight.
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

i am a HL . Quantum and Gadgets troll. they are all fun. IMO they are all the same effectiveness , Hard light is a little different cause of the lightstream debuffs. and more hold attacks, but quantum is way easier Imo its just chaining keys, 1 , 2, 3 , 4 , 5 ,6 repeat or w/e your loadout is... debuff, debuff, powerheal, ranged attack/mastery, rinse repeat. and the pot is auto now no need to use the previous attacks, on your loadout to get POT activated. so i would say youd have fun with quantum, i do.

[IMG]
  12. CandySlinger Active Player

I'm sure the math works out better to be in dps gear with troll stance, but I like being in troll gear but with max might mods/spec with leftover points in vit. I used to run with damage crits but with time bomb in my loadout it wasn't fast enough burn compared to the true dps'. At end game raids though the damage trade off isn't really worth the extra attention, but it still works for the alerts and lower tiered raids.