Dimensional Ink has the power: Now give us fair time capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Feb 21, 2020.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

"Player friendly loot box" is an oxymoron, lootboxes are as anti consumer as it gets

Loot boxes are ethically bankrupt (never thought I get to say that)
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

the price was too high for its value proposition, a whole $20 not for an entire set of gear but a single piece.. had it been the whole set of gear, there would have been not as many complaints
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

And I'd wager an entire suit would be priced higher. The team has an idea of what they need to pull in to justify the development cost and from the anemic offerings before the lootboxes it shows that they weren't seeing the returns they wanted. If the straight marketplace offerings had been generating enough or more than the lootboxes, they'd go back to that.

It's a moving target, that window of customer enjoyment/retention and making enough to keep the lights on/keep the investors happy.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

• Like x 1
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

I remember the Power Ranger trading cards from the 90's. They were like other trading cards came in blind bags like the time capsules, but if you had a bunch of doubles, you could send them in and get the cards you need.

Loot Boxes don't have to be anti consumer. That is the point of what I was saying. Make it a better experience for the players.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

the only acceptable form of rng I'll take is in-game drops. Anything the can be monitized isn't going to moderate itself for the sake of it's customers.

We've seen this with the game industry for the last several years not just with DC universe online