Rate the new Oracle TC.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

2/10.

Like I've said, I get that oracle's apart of the birds of prey; but really... the birds of prey team wear sleek and good looking outfits.

This gear is just ugly.

[IMG]
  2. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I love this new TC because it keeps letting fools spend hundreds/thousands of dollars trying to get useless things that in no way enhance their game and it keeps the game afloat so that those of us smart enough to not be swindled into hopeless gambling can continue to play this game. Just yesterday I saw Obsidian open 100 TC and he got NOTHING he wanted... It was glorious.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

That skirt style I can get behind. *rimshot*
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its the revamp of time capsules.
  5. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Our league has nicknamed the prophetic back as the washboard...i do not like the style, the orbital is pretty useless, some of the emblems are cool, the hacker hands are kind of cool. honestly though I wasted my money on this capsule. When i'm completing it just for the feats because there is nothing i plan to use in it, i give it a 2 out of 10.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

hm in terms of styles i would rate it 1/10 ( harley style was already on marketplace, rest of styles not appyling to me with the exception of the hawk glasses) but i spent less in-game cash on broker to get the new TC feats than for any previous time capsule i can remember so in that regard splitting PS/PC i give it a 9/10 for now (that may change in the future).

Total 5/10.
  7. onewillrise New Player

I recently returned to the game and got my subscription restarted. Since I had a bunch of time capsules in my inventory from previous play, I watched a bunch of youtube videos to see what was in each of them before I started opening them. I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing in the Oracle time capsule I would allow my hero to wear, or (with role-play in mind) that my hero would allow himself to wear. That said, I'd have to admit I have a bias against Harley Quinn, the Joker and clowns in general and I simply wouldn't want to dress like one, or dress my character in an outfit designed to be obnoxious. Even if I played a female character, I can't imagine wearing the black and red harlequin pattern. Out of all the time capsules I reviewed, I'd rate the Oracle Time Capsule at the bottom since I don't ever intend to open one. I wish I had more of the Dark Knights Time Capsule, but they're nearly impossible to find at a reasonable price.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Wait, so the splitting TC servers sales is actually true?
  9. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I rate the Oracle TC as straight up trash.
    • Like x 3
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

On the PC/PS servers it is true that you now can no longer trade/sell/buy across platforms. If you play on PC and you get a gear piece, collection or emblem then you can only trade/sell that item to another PC player. Same goes for if you're a PS player. It's not a rumour, it's in the official announcement.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Not to be obtuse, but strip away the sections they have to add in order to make it an eight piece style such as shoulders and back and the style is pretty sleek.
    • Like x 2
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

1/10. By far the worst Time Capsule yet. The styles are ugly, the Ultra Rare Item is blah looking plus it has a feat attached to it, and lastly the platform trading restrictions are just idiotic.
    • Like x 3
  13. OG ELITE Committed Player

After the chroma material bs I consider all TC’s garbage. These things are just greed boxes anymore and I’m done with these devs and their games.
    • Like x 1
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I would give it a 4/10.

The chroma is boring and normal (sorry, but it is). It’s just three colors in different variants.

I really wanted to see a Huntress, Black Canary, or Harley Quinn theme styled outfit come out of this, too. I don’t know what that gear set is supposed to be but sometimes Less is More. I wish we could get more interactive back styles like Speed-Metal or one of those nice glowey caps.

Gear from previous TC should have their car adjusted as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Pretty much what was on my mind as well. How did they make an entire episode off of the Birds of Prey (Huntress, Black Canary, Batgirl and Harley Quinn) yet they didn't show off any updated replica styles in regards to these characters? That is what confused me the most.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

oh boy. This is definitely step one to them trying to fix the economy even if they try to deny it. Its about to get real lol.
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

18. Ascended Well-Known Player

Not a big fan of the TC system, nor the ridiculous drop rates for the rare stuff. But as for this one.....

5/10.

The style is well done. Even excessive. The standard version glows and the enhanced is battle reactive? That's a lot of shiny. And the helmet is very creative. I'm not crazy about the style myself, but I do appreciate more tech looking stuff being added in. If I stumble across the enhanced version, I may keep it as a backup style for my cyborg looking character. It's not really anything I plan to use and I'm not hunting for it, but I won't pass it up if it comes along. Definitely not trying to finish the whole style either; that's a feat I don't need.

The collection rewards are, I think, a bit lackluster. Those collections are a huge pain to finish; I was willing to play the broker for the Hawkgirl helmet and laughing accessory (still won't spend real money on any TC), but not for any of these. The Hawk cape is cool; I'd use that on an Azreal type character happily. And the Dove mask is well designed. And the hacker accessory is.....fine. But I don't want any of it bad enough to deal with the collections.

The emblems are also fine. The animation on the Oracle one is nice. I bought the Manhunter emblem for an alt today because I caught it cheap on the broker, and got the Black Canary one out of a TC the day before. The Manhunter one I needed, because it fits an alt perfectly, and the Canary one was nice just because I'm a fan of that character, but I'm not really keen on the rest, nor am I willing to try hunting any more of them down.

The chroma is nice. I have a Harley alt I'd use that on in a second. But after the neon chroma thing? Don't even care. And if the Harley chroma has the same stupid low drop rate as the neon you can forget it, I don't even want the thing. Which is good, because I'll never get it.

The only thing in this TC that I'm really all in on is the orbital. That'll go to my Harley alt. So I'll run the stab daily and open 15, and that'll be it for me. I won't open any more after that. As far as TC's go, I don't think this one is *bad* but it doesn't have much I really want personally.
  19. SigmaAtom Committed Player

3/10

I really liked the look of the Harley Chroma and the idea of a battle reactive style (reminds me of Dead Space armor).. however my RP has nothing to do with those so.. would just want the feat points, which means it wasn't a land for me.

I would like to see the battle reactive style give all sorts of player messaging feedback.. I think that would be cool. idk if it's part of the style already.. but you could have different colours for different statuses including confusion, rooted, mind controlled (funny red alert kinda deal hehe).. others..

The Oracle Style itself.. wasn't awful.. but not great either.. those back things were imho awful and clunky looking.

Next TC.. I would love an Astral Chroma. A Cosmic Chroma. A Starfield Chroma. Which would be much more in my RP.
    • Like x 1
  20. Skullzin New Player