Can we find some reasonable soluion?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Feb 23, 2020.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'll start out by saying that overall I have no issue at all with this year's Valentine's Day event. I have six different alt that all have the feat for purchasing 10 pieces of furniture and all six are only a couple more days away from the feat for acquiring the new style.

Let me clarify that means all SIX ran the outdoor event in Gotham and the Alert almost daily and earned enough holiday cash without a trip to the market to buy all that stuff for themselves.. No added 12 -13 alts out there just running missions and handing off stuff as they bought it. So it is entirely possible to get want you need or want just playing the game. And yes I am well aware this has been an issue on some other Holiday event.

Now to the actual topic of this thread.. In past years any time a holiday event began all the available spawning point suddenly became "holiday event only" points. THIS year however I have noticed a significant change. I have not counted but on numerous occasions I had an ALT in the parking lot outside Amusement Mile and in addition to the Holiday mobs spawning and needing to be battled.. Captain Boomerang was roaming around. On a number of occasions this resulted in not just battling Mr. Freezes's minions but having Boomer join in and help them try to beat my character's butt. Now all of the 6 alts I am running through this stuff are between CR 185 and CR 190 so aside from a little added battling in was really no issue for ME. But let's keep in mind that a player using a character as low as level TEN can be running that same mission and it would take Boomer all of one attack to put that player on one knee wondering "what did I do wrong?"

Now as I mentioned years past those roaming bounties just got a vacation until the event ended. Now as some one who has done the work require to get the feat for defeating 500 ROGUES I am happy to see the days of them all disappearing for as much as a month are gone but can we at least TRY to work out something where if the BOUNTY is up and running around the holiday stuff does not spawn in that area? Or if the event stuff is out the bounty spawns someplace else? Just today I was in the middle of taking out a trio of ******'s boys with nothing else around and then POOF Captain Boomerang spawned right next to the battle, took a hit from my AoE attack and joined in. As I said I was on a CR 189 DPD at the time so it just meant an extra minute or two to defeat him but a solo level 20 in that same situation would be dead.

Come on Devs let's find a way to have Freeze's boys and the Rogues exist in harmony and not get a pile or lower level player killed. :p Not really a rant since it didn't do anything real bad to any of my atls but I'm sort of looking out for the other guy here .
  2. Proxystar #Perception

They're open world bosses, they spawn at times, they exist at times and may be close to other things you wish to interact with, that's the nature of an open world environment, from what I'm reading it's like you're suggesting the open world should be a PVE environment free from any danger to your character so you can go around and collect your nodes without any risk, that's not how it works nor is it how it should do so.

It's also like the prospect of you being knocked out is simply too outraegous to be tolerated (and obviously any other newbies as well)...

No it should just be left alone, sometimes you get knocked out, it happens, you come back you move on, there's plenty of nodes, farm some away from the Rogues if you can't defeat them.
    • Like x 8
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Open world bounties have NEVER been "on vacation" during seasonals (some may have wandered away or flown so high that no one could find them, but that's a different issue that I think was resolved). The only spawns that go "on vacation" are the daily acts of Heroism/Villainy (these turn into the seasonal open world points) and, depending on the seasonal, the iconics you need to spot (but do not actually fight) for the fanboy and more than you can chew feats (these turn into spot Larfleeze or mr myxlplyx in their respective seasonals).

Each of the CC bounties has a few spawn locations, so it's possible the Devs could turn spawns off that are near those locations during seasonals, but you would have the same issue with those bounties being "too close" to the "daily acts of" locations when a seasonal isn't going on. Also, it might not be something that the game code is set up to allow easily. Personally, I just avoid those locations for the seasonal missions. There are plenty of other spots where you can go to get the seasonal done.
    • Like x 4
  4. Walvine Well-Known Player

If goto bounties board in central city you get given bunch of dailie like all bounties upto cr70 all at once , captain boomerangs is one of the dailie bounties names that can pop up , I think the reason they spawn or more noticed during events is because players in game have activated the notice boards to run them but haven't gone to search yet , professor zoom and weather wizard are often hardest to spot in radar when searching , The world bosses spawn regions vary in size becomes highlighted in radar when active in journel making them easier to track down when runing bounties.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Wait... Aren't you one of the people that have been asking for open world content?
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was stretching the TRUTH a bit. Yes they never have actually just not spawned but the holiday event cuts into them spawning quickly.... One year I found Boomer at the top of the hill near the parking lot I mentioned. Roaming around among the Mandrakes and all the other minions of Poison Ivy. Gee same sort of result huh? All the spawn points in other places were being used by a Holiday event so he was up where he could ambush and quickly defeat a 17 level.

The POINT was can't the Devs come up with some way to set it up so the Bounties spawn but not in places where they can one shot some poor lower level?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

If they exist in open world there's always going to be a chance they can one shot some "poor lower level", that's what open world is and it happens sometimes, you press the flee button and you go somewhere else, it's not that hard :confused:
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm curious do you actually ever read and even attempt to comprehend what anyone says? If you do you may have noticed I stated I am running with alt between Cr 290 and CR 281... Boomer show s up while I am battling Freeze's boys and I just kick his butt. BUT on my main I am CR TWO NINE ZERO.. not level ten. Considering the game is struggling a bit it might not be a totally horrible idea to find a way not to totally frustrate and drive away new players by having a boss designed to be attacked by a 5-8 team with a Combat Rating of at a minimum of CR 53. If I recall.. each CC bounty has around 8 spawning points.. Pick 2 or 3 and set those aside just for the Bounty and let the others spawn the holiday mission. Problem solved.

Hmm you know I do not recall saying I personally had been knocked out a single time since the event began.. just keep noticing Boomer lurking around waiting to decapitate some poor 11 level trying the event for the very first time.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I read your post, I comprehended your post perfectly fine and what I'm seeing is you suggesting that the game be made a "literal safe space" for anyone that is low level because heaven forbid they get knocked out and have to press the "flee button" and come back or go somewhere else.

This is a video game and with it comes challenge and trial for everyone of every level. What you're talking about here is an open world environment with various challenges and interactions of varying levels that at times intersect, it's not meant to be segmented safe spaces where people can go and face absolutely no threat at all of ever being knocked out, even if they are just event nodes.

The worst case scenario is that the low level player accidentally gets killed, has to flee and goes to find another node, it's all part of the game and if someone leaves the game because they incidentally came across a challenging boss in an open world enviornment and then got upset they got knocked out and had to respawn then probably gaming isn't for them in general.

Don't assume I'm not comprehending your posts simply because I don't agree with your need to wrap a low player up in cotton wool.

It's hardly frustrating for a new player to flee and if they need to there are many many safer nodes away from any potential threats whatsoever, they can simply run around the block around Diamond District PD for example, run around the block at Chinatown PD for the upcoming St Patricks Day - just two examples. there's also plenty of "safe nodes" in East End as well...
    • Like x 2
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That one time you found Captain Boomerang in the middle of the Ivy mission area was due to the issue I mentioned in my post. There was a long time (maybe even a couple of years) where the "roaming" boundaries for each bounty's spawn locations were broken. Normally, if Captain Boomerang spawns in the parking lot by Amusement Mile (for example), he would stay in that parking lot wandering around it until someone engaged him and either he got knocked out or a certain amount of time passed since he was last attacked. When those boundaries were broken, he could wander aimlessly all around Gotham. He could have possibly even made it all the way to Gotham University while the boundaries were broken. But that issue is currently resolved (at least to the best of my knowledge).

I will reiterate, no bounty shares a spawn point with seasonal objectives, NONE. Seasonals also DO NOT affect their respawn rate. Bounties and seasonal objectives may have spawn points close to each other (arguably too close in some places), but they do not share spawn points. The seasonal objectives DO share spawn points with the daily acts of heroism and villainy (or at least many of those). These things are Titanic Trenton, Captain Kruel, civilians trapped under burning wreckage, etc. That is why those things completely disappear from the city during a seasonal (with the possible exception of the civilian thinking of jumping from a building, or a thief breaking into a building/ATM, and also with the exception of the summer seasonal where all objectives are on the water). The only iconics the CAN share a spawn point with anything seasonal related are the ones for the feats More Than You Can Chew and Fanboy (which are not bounties), and only during the St. Patrick's day event where mr myxlplyx takes their place (Metropolis only) and Winter event where Larfleeze takes their place (both Gotham and Metropolis).
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Captain Cold kicked my butt back when I first starting leveling. Before I knew anything about updates and dlcs and he was put in during lightning strikes. #goodtimes
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, it's all part of leveling up, I remember these guys when they were new as well, you came across them you simply respected them for what they were, bounties, if they managed to knock you out cause you were by yourself then you just dusted yourself off and carried on.

It's excessively precious to suggest they be moved simply to stop interaction. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

here's the thing, mate. one day, Captain Boomerang's gonna give you some grief, & you're gonna turn 'round & comprehensively pound his annoying antipodean *ss right into the ground. & that day? that day you will feel like the King of Gotham, man. trust me. it's worth the wait. leave it as is. come back later & taste your sweet sweet revenge.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Captain Boomerang would like you to know that he found that entirely unnecessary :p
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

But it was oh so cathartic.
    • Like x 2
  17. Balton hero Committed Player

I remember raising my toons and laughing at the "Oh ****, I hit Bizarro, I've gotta run like ****" moments
    • Like x 4
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL yeah I remember the first time I soloed him and felt like "I AM THE KING OF GOTHAM" Since then? Its just not as much fun . See I discovered 9 times out of ten when we stumble across him wandering around .. He's on his way home from the pub and completely wasted on rum. Now I have a new way to embarrass him.... I meet him once a week at the Oblivion bar and drink his sorry butt under the table.
    • Like x 1
  19. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The only thing I can think of for npc's causing a problem is when they placed high level ones in the paths of the races. Because they aren't supposed to hit you ....but they do.

Bounties and higher npc's, if you can't beat them and don't have a holy hand grenade....run away!
    • Like x 1
  20. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Sure let's lower the bar and dumb the game down yet again, why don't we?
    This game has been dumb'd down to "Short bus" levels as it is. We went from people too dumb to learn simple mechanics who started crying and got their wish of making this game easy enough for a pre-schooler and now we have people complaining about open world content. Next update, we'll just get all rewards/feats and styles by simply login on!