Why cant we choose next capsule style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont get it... why cant dcuo get a list of armors approved by DC comics (if thats even necessary) , then dcuo create a voting system ( many games do it.. anyone who plays smite knows that the biggest skin of the year the T5 is voted on, tho a online poll) ....
    im not gonna say that i dont like time capsules... because I actually do, it gives is a armor set that we wouldn’t otherwise get, but i do not like that we have no say in the style.. and most of the time they styles go to waste n u never see anyone wearing them...

Its 100% possible to do a voting system, if u need proof dm me and ill send u some links to some games previous polls
    • Like x 3
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

...Well, I sorta kinda agree with this.

I know this may not be the answer. . I mean DC approves everything in the game, as it has their name on it and their license. You really gotta have to pm: a devs for details.

Best regards,
    Batrederik.
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Because this is a commercial product and not a democracy. You can make your wishes heard by sharing them on social media and spending (or not spending) money accordingly.
    • Like x 3
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I mean, there is a thread in developer discussions for suggesting styles. If you are looking for sketches, that's asking people to do a lot of work just to indulge you. And please no "I'm a paying customer" arguments.
    • Like x 1
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So social media, and not on the game's OFFICIAL forums? Got it.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So from what I can tell, the devs go through a lot of planning (think they've mentioned that additions for a seasonal style/item are done WELL in advance) and back and forth with DC on what can and can't be done, as well as what can and can't be added to the game with styles. I'd also guess there's more than a few discussions and plans made about which styles/items fit best for extra things like TCs or later vendor additions and what makes the most sense for initial vendor styles. All in all that's not an insubstantial amount of work, time and effort being put in.

And someone wants to take all of that and have players, who are notorious in this game for never really being able to come to ANY kind of consensus, be the final word on what goes where? o_O

You'll pardon me if I side with the folks who CAN come to an agreement on stuff. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everything is planned and worked on at least 6 months in advance so I don't think a voting system will work well with their timetable.
    • Like x 3
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

also, can you imagine if they said, " yeah, you can have X-style," & then something completely out of their hands happened & they couldn't deliver it? you know what these forums are like, man. there's no way that would end well.
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Typically, work begins several months in advance. I would not be surprised if they are already halfway through the next Time Capsule, and in the early planning stages of the one after that.
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Nobody is debating capsules as a whole it's how they're handled and how feats are attached that turn ppl off and make ppl hate capsules.
  12. Megzilla Developer

I don't think this would necessarily work with our Time Capsules because of our pipeline and how we have them related to content. However I do think a community involved style set could be really neat. League of Legends did it for some of their skins and it looked really fun. Plus might be a fun way to see a little bit more behind the curtain as to how styles are made, and what the design process is. :)
    • Like x 15
  13. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of games do have more involvement with the community that would be engaging. I was sad to say that DCUO has stepped away from this mentality probably due to the toxicity of the players, but I really miss things like Friday Night Legends.

A design based involvement would be great too.
    • Like x 3
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I am all aboard, as long as everyone votes for a slimline with a high collar, like Booster’s original suit or Nightwing’s 80s suit, as the style. Regis, from Sliding Albion, horns and a robot-themed headpiece as the collection styles. As well as LoS emblems for the emblem styles. :)

seriously though, I agree that voting for styles being released sounds worth trying.
  15. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

They should definitely put out polls to see what styles players want. I remember during the stream they said basically that many people wanted the Oracle style?
    was that many the majority or a few people? You could have the vote be a mini event/activity while logged in. that way you get the biggest sample size, and majority rule. (no one wanted Oracle style, very hard to believe otherwise)
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Forums are social media too.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wildcat Committed Player

I would like to see some police/prisoners/thugs inspired gear like uniforms etc.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

and ofc Flash / Reverse Flash / Zoom inspired gear

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  18. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

Agreed!

Might I suggest the Justice Knights live stream Thursday Night Knights (Thursdays at 9:00PM EST on Twitch) as a substitute.