(Devs) Roll Back Server.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 19, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Start a new toon
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The game isn't perfect but my friends list is healthy and so is LFG during all the peak times like episode releases etc. The game is stagnant not quite at deaths door, but I agree it needs something to keep people interested in between episodes if they insist on these long breaks between them. The funny thing about perception is that you are going to see what you want to see, me included. My problem is with the content. The dead time between episodes is way too long. Then what we do finally get just isn't deep enough gameplay wise to justify those long periods of nothingness. It also seems so lazily put together from the raid mechanics to the constant recycling of environments.

I agree 10000000000% something needs to be done, but I didn't enjoy the old stuff so much that I want to put myself through it all over again. I'm more in the straight up DCUO 2 group than Classic DCUO I guess.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I'm ok with starting over. If people have 16 characters and got them all to level 30+, I don't see what several extra characters would hurt?
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I'm up for this idea. Quick question though. Would this mean that when the servers eventually merge, one will have the functionality of 2012-2014 power PI functions but the current live server will work the way it does now? So we will have two different ways to do damage or use our support roles?
    • Like x 1
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

most of the people left because of power changes and PvP. If PvP is to return the way it was they would most likely stay. PvP is a game changer whether people agree to it or not.
    • Like x 1
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Honestly, I just think things are far too gone to do anything but either keep on tricking forward with the mess we have now, or scrap it completely and come back with a whole new game. It's probably cheaper to just keep putting lipstick on the pig unfortunately and people like us will keep spending our $20 a month. It is an unfortunate state for a game to be in. It is also an unfortunate position we are in as players. It's hard to even justify the membership right now with the way this game is. Then on the other hand I don't want this game to die either, but right now my main reason to log in is to run the stabilizer mission and do a few dailies while running a detector and keep in touch with friends/leaguemates. But like I said, I'm more on the lines of burn it to the ground and rebuild completely than roll back.

Sorry for the douchey replies though, I definitely see where you're coming from
    • Like x 1
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah people have left for a lot of reasons. But I'm willing to bet most have moved on completely. Some of that old guard will probably come back to play like they did, but a lot have also moved on to other games they've now invested in, or just don't even game like that anymore.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I can understand where you are coming from. I also feel the only thing that could fix this is a proper revamp without (gimmick mechanics) and or something that could fix this mess. What's scary is that if this game were to burn to the ground, I don't think it would be reborn from the ashes. (BTW) the new TC is not appealing AT ALL.
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Also a lot of those old players who left, just dont trust the people making the game anymore either unfortunately. Whether I agree with them or not, I do see their point.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This is correct. But don't forget that these people also left because they were sick of holding their breath and had enough of wishing for the game to return to what it once was. When reality hit them that the DC Devs did not care about their opinions they felt they could spend their money better elsewhere. All it would have taken was for that one Dev to reach out to us and listen but instead we most likely received a message along the lines of "We currently do not have any plans at the moment to...."
    The players can only take but so much of being ignored before they realized who or what the companies best interest truly is. Its not us the players, its money. There are fewer players that play the game but the game is still afloat. Why is that? Because TC have the ability have real life money used on it. Artifacts have the ability to have real life money used on it. Augment XP, Artifact XP and Catalysts have the ability to have real life money used on them. This is no longer about us, its about money.

This game is only chugging along because every turn you make now has a paywall applied to it. The game has become what I had once feared.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I too cant trust a lot of them now. They will gain my trust back when I start seeing some actual changes and improvements to better the game.
  12. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Coming from someone who doesn't care for PVP in any game, the idea isn't appealing to me at all. I would like scaling gear to level instead of needing replaced constantly, and I would love for the Artifacts to go away completely. But in the name of the all mighty dollar neither thing will ever be done by this studio. Not as long as there is a single person willing to drop $500 on a fresh level 30 toon to max their artifacts as soon as possible. Or drop a ton on stabilizers for TC's in order to get a large amount of quarks to do the quick gear grind with the gear boxes from the Quark vendor. Everyone knows it's being done since it's the only real way to "Power Level" CR in the game. And since it makes Daybreak money they will never change anything that affects it.
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I can see where you're coming from. I can agree with almost everything you said aside from the PvP comment. Scale-able gear and primary augments would be great. I hate artifacts too so i also wish for them to disappear. I'm willing to see it from anyone's point of view by now. I also hate the replacing gear over and over again. I also hate how obsolete OP gear is now compared to when you got it back in the day pre revamp. When you got a piece of OP gear back in the day, that particular piece or pieces was good in every bit of content and never had to be unequipped because it was WAAAYYY better than your other sets of gear by a land slide. Now OP gear lasts you only 2 episodes and its then useless.
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Worth it.
    Have high level players and all the sp....never play because the game is garbage.

Start over and have fun, actually play the game at a time before this $$$ grabs and terrible content?
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You're lying to yourself if you think there wouldn't be anything like TCs on a new game. And if there were no Artifacts or Augments, they would find something to monetize. The money for the project would have to come from somewhere. They wouldnt be able to depend on money made off the main server to fund it if half the population left the main server to go to the classic. They would definitely be coming up with some "money grabs" right quick.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

So...
    Just to point a few things out.
    • OC exponentially increased stats on the new content, so the general population was having difficulty running it and wasn't paying. So they had to adjust that content as well as adjust UP the gear on players. Running out of line with older progression, the gear was ridiculously better than any older content. The same could be said for the rest of T5 with Raven gear and ultimately the Rage gear from WotLp1. Which further helped OC's completion.
    • Power Animation Normalization, clipping changes, jump cancelling, etc. Otherwise known as GU36 impacted the game getting it ready to further support the PS3 and implement Weapon Mastery.
    • When Amazon Fury 1 came out, they went through and adjusted all bosses to account for the health creep. This made a mess of lower content, but it also made the game easier.
    • When CR Differential was put into the game, they had to OVERHAUL the entire game to be like the most recent DLC at the time. This meant they had to adjust anything that was not able to be converted with a script, manually. They basically BROKE the early game to implement this. This turned players away while they took over a year to fix.
    • When #statsmatter came, they had to go back through the game and undo the Differential. Which was a lot easier to do, because the work was done. But this took quite a long time on test to fix, didn't help that most players were just going on test to check their powerset and not run content. This turned players away because it was on test forever and CR Differential was very bad for the player base. It also delayed somethings because they had to wait for stats matter to go live to put the new stuff in.
    With all the major content changes and DLCs that happened along the way, if they still had the original content code, it wouldn't be able to be implemented even if they wanted to. It would require them to A) rewrite anything after whatever DLC you found to love the most to go in line with the original exponential curve and B) have to be tested. Not just by them, but by the players. This wouldn't serve them in any way. It would cause players to wait for either server to be done while nothing really new came out.
    This is a rather amusing thread. Because players remember the old days, I do too. There were ups and downs, but I think the worst time, at least for me and my circle, was OC. The best was lightning strikes to BFE.
    *shrug*
    • Like x 1
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

You summed up my life here in the game!
    These are the reasons that stopped me for two years, and that today make me just a casual player ...:rolleyes: