Celestial DPS Artifacts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Luxous, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Luxous New Player

just wondering what the best dps artifacts are for celestial might dps?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm currently using Grim (160), Eye (160) and Transformation Card (140). I was using Soul Cloak before I swapped it for Trans Card and I did some 60 second parses and found that I performed better with the Trans Card. I'm curious to swap out the Eye for the Strategist Card but waiting on a double XP weekend before I level that one up.

Not saying these three are the best by any means, but they are the three that I enjoy using.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The one artifact every dps should try to get is transformation. From there the rest depends.

If you use heat vision than you must have solar amp.

Other options are:
    Philosophers stone: for base might and percentage might
    Soul cloak: if you use cursed idol or neo venom
    Strategist: If you have a good amount of dots going off

I would recommend using the grimorium since you will most likely be using divine light. But if you’re not using it or another PI setter than you can run it.
  4. L T Devoted Player

The thing about the Soul Cloak artifact is that in order to really test how good it is you have to be using your supercharge a lot. If you don't pay attention to that you can fool yourself about how good a different artifact is.
    • Like x 2
  5. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Transformation card and grim are a must have. Third one is kind of up to you, you can run philosopher's stone, solar, scrap, strat card or even la mort card. When I tested it on a dummy, I got much better parses using strat card but other artifacts have their own perks
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That is very true. If you are the type of person that’s always waiting for the right moment to use a supercharge than this artifact is not for you.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why is the grim a must have? If you are already using a move to apply the PI than you are using the artifact purely for the pet. If that’s the case than you are better of using other artifacts.
  8. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

I’m currently running Grim, Transformation card and Strategist card on DPS and I’m doing pretty good damage. Between the increased Crit chances and the DOT’s/Burst damage of Celestil, It feels like I get more chances for the strat card to damage through its procs.
  9. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Yeah, plague/divine dots are almost permanent plus you can rotate in heat vision/malediction as another extra dot source. Surprisingly, when I tested artifact combos with celest I was also doing really good damage with la morte/grim/transformation card rotating cs/defile
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm assuming it's for the free damage from the pet. That's why I use it, and because the little fella looks cool.
    • Like x 2
  11. Luxous New Player

thanks for all the replies guys!
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I get that. But that doesn’t make the grim a must have. More of a preference than a must have. With celestial the only must have is transformation. From there you have a few different options to use. But to say that you have to have grim is misleading. Especially in a thread of someone asking for advice.
  13. JustDeTip New Player

The trans/strat combo is a viable option and the strat creates another hard hitting dot that doesn't get removed when a boss moves or when adds are knocked around and can stack on multiple enemies. If you do go down that path though please note that trans does not effect pet damage at all so neither will strat and with that in mind you are better to use an artifact for the 3rd slot that helps more espesially on celestial as the grim is basically there just for the pet damage.
    I personally have run solar, scrap and the stone at one point or another as I have them all leveled and from my personal experience the philosiphers stone was by far the best not only for my testing but also considering the group buff and the power cost reduction... combine it with neo venom on bosses and it gets stupid. It also has a very high base might and the 5% might buff.
    Plus celestial doesn't really need solar amp it already does fine without heat vision in my opionion.
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Agree. No need for heat vision.
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Not even on ST?
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

No. You have plague.
  17. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Been playing celestial lately and was running strat trans and solar is philosopher better?
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

But if adds come out that damage gets split, splash damage will lower your overall boss damage
  19. L T Devoted Player

Only the combo part will split (if you combo in your rotation). So if you're using, say, divine light and plague both , divine light splits, but the combo into plague does not, and plague does not split, but if you combo into corrupted divine light, that extra damage splits.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Stone is a terrible artifact for celestial (ability wise). Because celestial is a slow combo power you won’t get much free cost. Another thing I found is that the combo portion of the abilities are not free cast, just the abilities straight from the tray.

When it comes to stats solar amp is better than stone. They both have the same base might stats. However solar has 5% might as opposed to the 4% from stone.

The best artifact combination I was able to find for celestial is trans, strat, and solar. And I personally do still use heat vision with celestial. Yes, it may not be needed but to hit max ST damage you will need amplifies HV.