Livestream Preview: Oracle's Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Can we get a list of collections for focused aggression? I need the 9th one to be done! Thanks pc players!

Updated:I got it now!
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

All those things seem, in some form or fashion, highly likely and would be very good reason to implement the trade restriction. Well if it is none of those things, then...

[IMG]

As punishment, maybe its in place because there are some denizens of this game are mean and sour face wretched potty mouthed rompin stompin defecation muffin hurlers. So thanks players who engage in such a reindeer game... thats why we cant have nice things.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

You gave an answer without even giving an answer...

If it will most likely reduce income and you don't "(have to)" make the change, then WHY do it? This can't be arbitrary. There is no point of doing a change like this and impact the players in such a way w/o a reason to warrant a big change... I don't get it.
    • Like x 12
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

If you read Jack's recent interview (the one that started the 'If you think the sky is falling' thread), you might come to a different conclusion. He thinks it would be best for the health of the game if ALL platforms played together - PC, PS4, Switch & XBox (including the new incoming generation of consoles this year).

So I think you're spot-on in guessing that this change might be in anticipation of server merges ... but Jack wants us to be one, big happy family ... so it may be a different (better) change that what you've proposed. :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't see how a change like this actually supports that, it gives the complete opposite effect.
    • Like x 1
  6. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

I'll likely make a bigger post eventually, but my friends whom are ps4 players are getting doubles of stuff I would love to get lucky to obtain and they cant send them or trade them to me due to this issue.

Personally, I feel attacked as a PC player.

Now if I don't pay up with more Time Capsules and stabilizers, I'll never even see the items I need even on the broker, cause there is not enough people on our side. A good example to this is just us trying to resell our extra stuff, PS4 players are having no issues with getting stuff to sell. Personally, I haven't had any of my stuff sell...and it's getting frustrating.
    • Like x 3
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

it would make sense if they wanted to merge them all but keep the economics separate.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If all the servers merged the xbox and switch players would be at a heavy disadvantage with all the money in our economy. They'd be priced out of everything. Merging all servers helps the game and keeping the economics separate in the short term might annoy some, it will be good for the merge. Could be the slow start of that. But we dont know.
    • Like x 2
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

They wont be priced out of everything for long. They'll just simply spend more money on capsules and get lucky, farm for collections, (if not already stock piled banking on a full on merge)... then the money starts rolling in. low tier queues would probably be filled up in short term with quick pops. After said merge it will be Channel 4 news team vs channel 9 evening news team vs public news team vs spanish language news. Como estas b^^^^es. The servers will run red with PS4s blood! (double whip crack and rattlin maracas)
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Late last year, when they tried to fix the economy, they promised us that there would be further action taken during the course of this year. Perhaps this is a part of that action?
    • Like x 1
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

I meant the change for the time capsule contents to be restricted from cross-platform trading, I don't see how THAT change supports the merging.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

That's pretty much the problem some others in this thread don't seem to realize. The PC side is much smaller than PS, even if we do spend money on the time capsules to get things, thanks to the RNG we can't get everything we actually wanted. This is where the broker was meant to help us, since the PS side is much bigger, there are more people who open capsules which increase the chance of items we need showing up on the broker because there are much more extras flowing around. Since it's separate now, it's very hard to get what we need since not many others got it either (Looking at you ultra rare drop and collections.) Their prices will also be bumped up to reflect the supply and demand we face, and the fact we're still mixed with the much fuller PS economy where there is more money so prices are already high.

I'm glad I personally dislike almost everything in this new capsule, I don't have to worry too much about not being able to get everything. I'm only worried now about future capsules, are they going to be restricted as well? How long until the contents are just not tradeable at all?

This is still a bummer though, I'm going to see players on PS who have a much better chance and opportunity of getting those new things and I'm a collector/completionist so I would still want them too. Luckily I have enough self control.
    • Like x 5
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

130 tcs later...all collections, emblems and gear complete...not one darn chroma, not that i will wear it, just want feat points THAT SHOULD NOT BE TIED TO IT!
    • Like x 1
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Its seperating the economy's. Right now. No. Its not beneficial. But long term. We'll see.
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Lol
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I hope you are being hypothetical right now and you didn't actually open 130 time capsules. :confused:. If you did in fact open 130 of these time capsules, then you honestly got what you deserved Jay by not getting a single Chroma. Paying like that into these gamble capsules is the very reason we have them and they don't go away.
    • Like x 8
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

You cant have everything fast cheap and easy. That's just not how it works. If you want it fast, you pay for it. If you don't want to pay for it, you have to invest time into it. If people don't have much money, and don't have a lot of extra time, that's fine. They just have a longer grind than someone who can spend hours a day playing. With things like time capsules and augments and artifacts, all of that can be done without spending money. You just have to invest time. I don't think it's fair to demand the devs make everything easier to obtain just because some people don't have time and can't afford to pay much. That's not how business really works.
    Since my fast food comparison is lost on people, lets compare it to the very popular "Mystery Boxes". You pay, and you don't know what you get until you open it. It might be something rare and valuable, it might be something very common. This is especially the case with collectible vinyl figures. You spend a couple dollars and you could find something worth hundreds, or you could get something worth nothing. If I WILLINGLY PAY for something when I DON'T know what's in the box, and I don't get something mind blowing or valuable, I don't write angry emails to the company I purchased the box from, telling them that they ripped me off. I don't say "I've bought 40 of these mystery boxes and didn't get the rarest Item, I demand this item! I earned it!" They may laugh at you.
    I'll agree. It might be nice to have items just put on the marketplace. But then you'll have people complaining about the cost. They don't want to spend X amount of dollars for whatever cosmetic. It's not fair. Etc. No matter what the price is, there's a group of people who will complain that it's too much, unless of course they just give everything away, which wouldn't make anyone much money.
    I'd argue that the developers DO care about people who don't have much time, or money. That's why seasonal events were made easier and quicker. That's why they offer free current episodes to non members. That's why they allow people to open time capsules without spending any money.
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I personally believe that there has just not been a merger of all platforms yet because of sony!
    Everyone knows what the policy is on this ...
    But I still dream of the day that all platforms are playing together; how do I also dream about the day that we have subtitles and an interface in Portuguese!:rolleyes:
  20. Caroline Dedicated Player

1. If you want to get on the test server and have your input included - buy a PC.

2. The reason you, PS people can't have a lifetime membership is because Playstation has put a cap on the money spending, which is 250$, but the lifetime costed 300, so don't try to blame that on the game or us as if we're supposed to be *even* about something in here, lol.

3. A lot of PC people were against the merge, including myself. We never asked for it, we had our people to play with, so nothing to be thankful for.
    • Like x 2