Livestream Preview: Oracle's Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They did take the feedback into account. That’s why it’s not a 50 point feat like the Neon Chroma.

It’s my understanding that feats aren’t meant to be free giveaways or things that are always easy to obtain. It’s also my understanding that everyone doesn’t need every single feat to be able to successfully play this game. If you’re that desperate for feats that you’re enraged that there’s a 25 point feat attached to a rare item, I suggest playing older content for feats you may have missed, including feats for rare items in content.
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...gence-returns-with-powerset-materials.298557/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/resurgence-adds-animated-accessories.300923/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...urgence-returns-with-powerset-chromas.304923/
    :rolleyes:
  3. Perdition Committed Player

I have over 496sp.. i dont really need more. That’s not my point i’m trying to make either. If you really think that they take our feedback into account by making it a 25*, then LOL.

You said it yourself, feats aren’t meant to be given away. Yet now, with “ultra rare” stuff having feats attached to it, most people wont be having it. Unless they are very lucky with the droprate (lol) or if they play the broker, or that they keep opening them until they get *lucky*.

The chroma atm on EU is priced 350million just for your information.

I don’t even like this time-capsule. Also never liked the feats that are attached to them.
  4. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Holy One is always polite. He does know you. You are a pc player that is upset. Here is a fact for you: The PS can not get on the test server. This means the way the game is played is solely based on pc people and their input. Fact: The pc side was offered life time membership twice where as the PS server never got that option. Fact: Speed hackers are all pc players. Fact: Money robots are all pc players. Fact: The PS server saved the pc community from extinction. Fact: The PS server IS the economy. Rare is it you see a pc player in trade chat asking to buy a reset. You do not see The Mighty Xbox community complaining. You do not see the few BUT faithful switch players complaining. No. Just you and the rest of your side of this great game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

They didn't. Neon is a 25 point feat too.
    • Like x 5
  6. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

That structurally makes no sense. You're comparing RNG with fast food. Your analogy would make more sense if I gave McDonald's my money first then drove around to the pick-up window and accepted whatever they gave me.

"Hope I get a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese... crap. Small order of fries and 1 chicken nugget"
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We can share a couple of things on the trade restriction:
    • This isn't a change we wanted to (have to) make.
    • We do not expect this change to make the game more money (likely the opposite).
    • The change is not related to exploits.
    • The change is not related to people creating additional accounts.
    • This change is not related to our gaming partners (Sony, etc.).
    • The PC player base is much larger than assumed in this thread, but we will be monitoring the impact carefully.
    • Like x 10
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

Still not an explanation at all...why make a big change like is if it impacts negatively to everyone?
    • Like x 2
  9. Red Raptor Active Player

The only fact you pointed out is that only PC players can speed hack. The rest is misleading at best.

True, the PS cannot log on to the test server, but PS players with access to a PC can. The same goes for Switch and X-box users. For anyone to assume that ONLY PC players log on to the test server doesn't make sense.

Lifetime membership for PS? That all depends on Daybreak's agreement with Sony. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Differences in special offers across platforms is to be expected. PS gets sales that PC users don't and vice versa.

Gold seller bots are not actual PC players. Bots advertise to EVERYONE. Gold seller's wares are obtainable by anyone with a smartphone and a credit/debit card... including PS players...

PS saved PC? That's pretty subjective... Depends on your point of view. PS gave PC a broader player base to run content with... No one knows how much PC players spend Vs. how much PS players spend. Clearly there are more PS players than PC. One might also say PC players on average have more disposable income than the average PS player. A lot of factors floating around there and no numbers to back it up... which pretty much makes it a matter of opinion.

For better or worse, everyone on the server who buys or sells contributes to the economy of the game. When you place item restrictions on different platforms on the same server, you create 2 separate economies and the smaller of the 2 is at a disadvantage. You won't see Switch or X-box players complaining because they get to trade with EVERYONE on their server.

Personally I'd welcome crossplay between all platforms.
    • Like x 4
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

Sorry Mepps not being rude but the PC player base is a lot smaller than a few years ago and the economy on the PC side is a lot smaller than PS, Facts! This is an unwanted change and has a very negative effect.
    • Like x 2
  11. an81angel Well-Known Player

What if you gave McD's your money and then only got napkins and ketchup packets. That's my RNG luck these days.

For D.Inc.

I honestly prefer straight (reasonably priced) purchases through marketplace. I want one item, here's my money. thanks have a nice day, bye. Simple formula. What sells the most from the marketplace tells the company what the players want. Make more of what players want = company makes more money. If you make what players want, players are happier. If players are happier with the products they are getting they are more willing to buy new items the company may offer later on.

If the players are only given the option to RNG (for the majority of high quality items) you make players gradually more unhappy with each new RNG and game slowly dies. We have seen it happen time and again with other games. Some players will spend money as it's the only simple (but not cost effective) way to get said items.

Most players don't have large bank accounts or large amounts of free time. Currently, the way games/companies work, they want you to have either a large bank account to get items quickly to reduce time in game. Or they want you to have enough free time to get the same items at little to no cost by being in game 10-16 hours a day grinding.

What about the players that don't have large bank accounts and have no time. They are the players that work all day in order to just survive IRL. Those players are the ones that play this game out of love. They play the game for a few moments of escapism to feel free from real life bs. They may not keep the lights on at D.Inc. but they are the ones that appreciate the actual content you create. They are the ones that stick with the game the longest because of nostalgia. When you stop caring about them - as they are the heart and soul of your business - what is the point of your game/company?

Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 7
  12. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

I don't understand why you cant go into full detail and be more transparent than this. The PC player base is nothing to the PS4 side sorry it just is. Ive been playing this game since launch off and on and seen the PC side die more and more each year. A change like this will drive more players away from the game. I don't see this being a good thing in anyway.
    • Like x 4
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Just throwing this out there

Maybe. Just maybe. They are planning a future un merging and merging of the servers. It could be that maybe they have plans to take PC off the PS servers and then merge PC Xbox and Switch? Probably not. But just throwing it out there.
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I doubt they would go through the hassle of extracting out PC players. If it was anything, it would be the merger of all 4 platforms, but I doubt that too. This has to do with money, most likely PSN is at fault.

Also, you don't like us PC players. </3 But we love you! <3
    • Like x 2
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah idk. Who knows. And to be fair. In my experience. PC player's as a whole are more friendly than PS players.
    • Like x 2
  16. Lodestone Active Player

I only see you give reasons what not caused thre decision for the trade restriction.
    How about ' What is the reason then for that decision?
    Not sure why ppl give you likes for youre post cause it explains nothing.
    But dont mind me im just a premium, thats right, as of last month you lost a long time sub who spend a lot outside of rhe membership.
    I didnt wanted to, infact i postponed it for a long time but you forced me to quit my sub.
    Good luck with the paying for progression direction and i will log in now and then and hope i dont get dcd while im doing a raid or something (yeah, outside of subbing i also bought a lot of episodes)
    On the other side i wish for everyone, the company and players that this game will be successful and stay a long time.
    • Like x 4
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s like that movie Brewster’s Millions. If they explain it, it violates the terms of the rich Uncle’s will; and then they get nothing. NOTHING!
    • Like x 1
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

and yet the only thing stated here I actually believe is its not related to their gaming partners
    • Like x 1
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Eh, both sides have snobbish ******** and awesome people. It's just easier finding a bad PS player because the PS population is higher (and possibly younger).
    • Like x 3
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The minute they do this is the minute I get DCUO off my computer for good and won't look back.

Game Update 47 Killed the PC population with it's crappy changes, and therefore the PS merge was needed so us handful of PC folks could still enjoy the game.