A little bit of positivity in regards to the Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lantern_AdamK4, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

The forums lately are a wave of negativity. Especially in regards to time capsules, and this current one.

I just want to say, that while I won’t likely be able to apply some of the items to my character, I think that the Oracle Style is fantastic and looks like it was ripped straight from the comics. The Dove mask is awesome, and a great nod to Titans TV. The Hawk Cape is also awesome. The new Chroma looks very cool. I may not be able to use it often, but I still want it.

I love the ingenuity and new things being tried out in this time Capsule, like the Harleys Hammer Orbital or the way the Oracle Emblem is animated. These are great examples of thinking outside the box and open the door for so many more possibilities. I think expanding on combat reactive stuff is a great step in the right direction as well.

I know that there’s a lot of people sh**ing on these capsules, but there are some of us who think this stuff is cool, and can’t wait to open some capsules.
    • Like x 5
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

For me it's one of the worst TC, I don't like anything. The hammer is kinda funny but that's all, I'm not even going to use it.
    Glad that at least someone is going to enjoy these styles.
    • Like x 3
  3. inferno Loyal Player

Call me Bizarre but at the heart of it, I don't think the RNG aspect of the TC is what is driving people away from the TC concept. I think it's the very, very low probability that you will ever complete or get everything in the TC even by spending lots of money.

IF the possibility of getting everything from the TC were high to average (meaning between $20 to $30 worth) I wonder if players would actually prefer going through the TC route than straight-to-market. Economically, it is possible to match whatever profit D.Ink could make from TC; instead of selling a few for high value by selling a lot for a lower value.

I just wonder since everything that they put straight-to-market doesn't seem to be profitable enough for them to continue that method.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can say all the positive things you want about the styles. Some will like them, some will not. No one should enjoy the RNG with style related items that are tied to feats. You say you may not be able to use the chroma...I probably won't either...but if you want the feat associated with it (assuming there will be) you will still need to chase it or spend billions to get it from trade. That's where a lot of the hate comes from. You can feel free to enjoy them and I'm happy that you find the styles interesting and wish you good luck in getting what you want... for those of us who would rather not play the RNG game it would be nice if these were truly 'optional' styles (we all know adding feats makes them mandatory for most).

Personally I don't really want any of those styles.....they don't look like something I can use so I won't be opening any of these until they hit the mega cap which should be in 3-4 months. Hopefully I'll have enough stabilizers saved up to open 15 so I can get the single non RNG feat for opening caps and get the hammer orbital. Won't use that either, but it's a feat where lady luck is not involved so I don't mind working towards that.

Enjoy your chase for that chroma you probably will never use.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

A lot of the items are indeed cool but that beauty is always within the eye of the beholder and everyone is going to differ. Thats a lot of negativity around TCs because they are indeed a negative thing within the game. The items are cool, thats a clear positive. Folks are happy to open them, kudos and thanks for supporting the game. But at the end of the day, they are a terrible system, a bane to unlucky people, now a problem for Broker players who now cant get those items due t the new restrictions.

Its okay to be positive and even find that silver lining in the muck but the Cons outweigh the Pros and it needs to be removed from the game.
    • Like x 5
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, the threads were moved/merged with the preview thread, not removed.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I like the Dove mask too, shame I’M NEVER GOING TO GET IT. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

None of these feats are mandatory, you do not need every single skill point in this game to complete content, missing these feats from time capsules will not make or break you!! However, it will help the players who can’t get skill points from the younger content because it isn’t being q’d for anymore, make up for the feats that they realistically can’t obtain.[/quote]
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Man, it's been a while. When Trex says this, it shows time capsules have hurt quite a bit to a broader spectrum of players than one may not realize.

I personally think they need to remove the feats from them. Make them completely optional as they've said many times that they are supposed to be. Because I've played other games with RNG style boxes and nope, don't want that. The fact these are part of progression is the worst addition they have added to this game. Funny, how the original 2 capsules were manageable, but then it went downhill from there.
    • Like x 12
  10. BumblingB I got better.

SKILL POINTS ARE PROGRESSION!

You can't ignore that factor at all. You are saying that older content no one runs has feats that are gated because of relevancy (not the same as cr relevancy) attests to that. But the conversation of older content being completely ignored is another problem in this game, not equal to progression locked behind an RNG paywall.
    • Like x 7
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That is the most ridiculous justification for putting feats in TCs I have ever heard. Same as you say I do not 'need' the couple of SP in this TC (or any TC) you do not 'need' the same few SP to function in the game. And if your SP is so low that the couple of SP in this TC will make or break you, there are plenty of solo, duo and alert feats you can get done way faster with a little effort and have to spend 0 dollars to get them.

Some people do consider SP mandatory...DBG (or DI now) knows this, why do you think they are put in TCs but not in BBs? Why do you think the RNG is Soooo bad...I'd say 10x worse than in the original 3 or 4 TCs where they were bad but not crazy bad?

Reinheld
    • Like x 7
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd have to strongly disagree with this time capsule.

They advertised this thing as "dressing up for birds of prey"
    Yet they give you the most robotic looking set I've ever seen in the game.

I like the style somewhat, but let's be perfectly frank; that's no birds of prey outfit.

[IMG]

Everything the main cast of BOP wears is something sleek and unique.

This time capsule set comes nowhere near close, and like the others mentioned.... feats need to be gone from time capsules.

The only thing I can hope for is that they make the Vendor gear look great since the TC one doesn't measure up all that well.
    • Like x 7
  13. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

L
    I’m not necessarily going to chase the chroma. If I get it cool, if not, no big.
    As for the feat points attached, the ones attached to difficult to obtain items don’t make a big enough difference for me to be upset with that aspect of it. The RNG doesn’t bother me. Whether I buy stabilizers or get them free, I get something for the dollar I spent or didn’t spend.
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

First of all, it’s the Oracle Time Capsule. So the style being based on Oracle fits. It’s not the Birds of Prey Capsule, it’s the Oracle Capsule. See?
    I haven’t seen it advertised as anything other than the Oracle Time Capsule, and the style, while robotic looking, is taken directly from the comics.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Honestly as much as people complain about time capsules, they’re tremendously successful. They bring in a lot of income. This tells the Devs that despite people complaining on the internet, people do like them and/or want them because they’re spending money on them. Money talks. If you can’t stand time capsules, but you spend money on them, you send a clear message that you like it enough to spend money on it.
    If a majority wanted time capsules to go away, or didn’t like the feats, etc. they wouldn’t spend any money on them. When they’re not making money on them, they won’t be around much longer after that. Again. Money talks, and it’s talking when it comes to these capsules. The feats attached to them don’t truly make much of a difference. If you can’t get the 25 point feat for the Harley Chroma, I’m sure there’s another 25 point feat you can find in the game without spending money. These feats aren’t make or break. I know because there’s plenty of Time Capsule feats I don’t have, and I am able to get through content pretty successfully with my measley 314 skill points.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

the poop boxes /capsules are lame af stop supporting micro transactions especially bs with feats attached im over it. ughhhh im really starting to say f this game honestly stealing money from me with the sub and the only thing i have that premiums dont is access to my ingame money . o_O
    • Like x 3
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They’re not stealing your money. You give it willingly. Whether you like what you get for your money or not is another story. I may be mistaken but if I’m not subbing I don’t get money to spend in the vendor in the safe houses, replay badges and access to all content in the game.
    • Like x 3
  18. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Just one comment, no one knows whether it's "a majority" or not that spends money on time capsules (especially as we don't know the numbers of unique legendary, premimum & free-to-play accounts and then compare it to unique account buyers of time capsules). It doesn't take "a majority" to make a profit, particularly if those who claim to spend hundreds of dollars is true.
    • Like x 1
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

In this particular tc, there are 68 items that you would have to pick from the loot picker (8 regular gear pieces, 8 enhanced gear pieces, 8 regular emblems, 8 enhanced emblems, and 36 collections). So I would expect to open at least 68 TCs (so at least $68, minus earned stabilizers). Of course, best case scenario could hope for is no more weighted rng in TCs, so you would still need to open more than 68 to get everything.

The ultra rare (harlequin chroma) is a drop in addition to the loot pick, so there's a chance it would drop by the time you collect everting else. If we are getting rid of weighted rng, I would maybe make the probability of getting the ultra rare equal to the probability of getting everything in the least number of TCs possible, which honestly is still very rare.
  20. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

ok