(Devs) Roll Back Server.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 19, 2020.

1. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

LFG alone shows the dwindling player base OFf use to move so fast you had to be spot on when you sent in invite for a raid or you missed the 10 tanks that just posted. I'm not for or against a classic server.
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I don't know if it's necessarily a dwindling base... but the same thing happens every DLC:
    1. Release DLC, SM, or other new shiny for the current DLC
    2. Lots of players start playing the new content
    3. Those same players overplay the content and get everything done very quickly
    4. Those same players then do one or both of:
      1. complain that they have nothing to do
      2. disappear for the next two months
    It's the same cycle... every time.
    • Like x 3
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i don't want a separate server. I want to roll back our server to pre revamp WM/AM the way it was from tiers 1-5.

i never asked for any of these changes. didn't want them. I was very happy with the game as it was and yes I now it wasnt perfect but there was something there that isnt here now.
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I honestly think you would have a better chance of getting the original valentines day event back before they rolled anything back to that degree. If they even have it backed up they would lose a ton of production to even attempt to do it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You'd have a better chance of tracking down a Delorean, building a flux capacitor and generating 1.21 gigawatts of power in to it.
    • Like x 3
  6. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Just because they came out with a throwback WoW server doesn't mean every game should have one. Besides the points people have already made about fracturing the player base even more let's be serious- dimensional ink (dumb name) is no Blizzard.
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I had given up on posting on the forum.
    But seeing this topic I decided to make an exception.
    I played this game since the end of 2011, and after a stop in 2017, I returned this year. Despite being sporadically always playing during this period.
    Unlike many, I did not think these changes were failing, the only thing that bothers me is this thing of not having a "real" progression of power!
    In other words, you stay strong, but you go back to the older content and this one is weaker ?!
    I believe that once this is improved, everything else is perfect.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're not going back to that level of power creep. We'll have to be very far removed from the content to get to those levels again. Though you may want to be in denial of it, that level of power creep was very game breaking.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For the OP and anyone else co-signing this roll back, you all need to come down to reality. The company is not spending resources to fix PvP...what in your mind makes any of you think that they would spend the resources to bring back an older version of this game???

And if it were brought back to the way it was, how would they make up for the losses in revenue (because let's face it, that's what this is really about on the DL)??? And what makes you think that they have the resources to maintain two different versions of the same game??? And how would you all feel about even further delays in content delivery (because any new content would have to be heavily adjusted for two completely different styles of gameplay, power levels, take into account artifacts/augments/exobytes & Mods...etc)???

While you think this is a grand idea and don't care about the population, the truth is you'd be right back here every day complaining about a million things, but especially about the even further abysmal population. Anyone thinking this would make things great again would quickly find out that they needed to take off their rose colored glasses off, and realize that this idea is unfeasible, and the bean counters here would never allow it.
    • Like x 3
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm fairly certain everyone knows such a thing will never happen. Recent threads have hinted at some sort of power update. Its been three years since we've had any kind of real change to the current meta. I'm hoping threads like these serve to show the dev team we're unhappy with the state of things. we've both been here a long time. you should remember i was very for a break away from the WM/AM period...but I also wasnt expecting this. Broken powers, precision cheese, skill points dont really matter anymore. I think these things have driven away more players which was the opposite intent of the revamp in the first place.

everyone i encounter in game seems to be unhappy with the way things are right now. used to be hard to find healers and controllers. nowdays its even a challenge to find dps. it was especially disheartening to me to read they can't fix the current problems with my main characters power. we're here because we love comic books and dc. not because we're loving the game.

despite all the garbage of the past few years i'm still here hoping things will turn around. at this point i have little hope but i do know since the revamp i've been avoiding dps'ing in group content. its embarrassing to me. i don't want to follow the sheep and go precision dual wield and i hate being stuck in "single target hell". I want to be able to play the way I used to before all this nonsense began with weapon mastery...which should have been taken out of the game along with AM's.

Until then sure i'm subbed...but 15 bucks a month is much much less than i used to spend when i was happy with the game.

Pretty sure the devs are starting to feel it too.

Ive said it before. the game isnt dying. its aready dead. we're playing in a carcass.

lets bring it back to life.
    • Like x 2
  11. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

While some of us miss the pre-revamp era; I believe it would be stupid to go back instead of forward. There are plenty of things that need to be fixed in game, just going back to earlier times would not fix them, but, make them worse.

I for one, would prefer to go forward, fix the current problems (far too many to list here) and add more FRESH/ORIGINAL content. Also... better voice acting... by the gods, BETTER VOICE ACTING!
    • Like x 2
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I would do this in a heartbeat. Would pay to move all my characters to the new server. Then all my friends would come back and I guarantee ‘classic’ server population would have way more players.
    • Like x 2
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In reality what killed the game in the past was that you destroy everything with a single blow!
    This is not what I want!
    What I'm talking about is normal progression. Even because the old system of powers helped to destroy everything that lay ahead! What would be difficult in the new system.
    But even so, not having a normal prognosis is boring and dull ...
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Rather than trying to find the exact incarnation of the game that players like best, since there appears to be some discrepancy in that, let's follow the model that has already been done in other games. The very thing that Daybreak already does with it's Everquest servers.

Launch a Progression Server.

It resets the game back to it's launch state. Just 6 powers, T2 is the top content, etc. Then, at steady intervals, perhaps every 4-6 weeks, we introduce a new Episode. It would take roughly 3.5 years before the Progression Server would catch up to the normal server, at which time they merge and we launch a new Progression server to start it over again.

This allows people who enjoyed older incarnations of the game to play it that way. This gives the development team metrics as to exactly what changes turned off or push away the population.

Progression Servers have proven to be very popular for Everquest. Even World of Warcraft ended up following suit last year and launching their WoW Classic, and it was also wildly successful. Even if the older state of the game was more crude or less user friendly, there are people who will do it just for nostalgia sake.

And as far as splitting the population, it's not really a concern because it doesn't really happen on a significant level. It's sort of like when Switch launched, we didn't see huge numbers of PC or PS4 players quitting to move to Switch. Some did, but most of what filled the Switch was either players who had already quit who returned specifically because it was on Switch, or new players.

WoW Classic and Everquest Progression Servers didn't make people abandon the powerful mains that they had worked on for years. But it did bring back significant numbers of players who had previously quit. People who enjoyed playing, got turned off by something, and now had an option to play without that issue and also without having to play a bunch of catch-up to everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Lmao, people really just know about DCUO and WoW here?

JAGEX released OldSchool RuneScape and it was a success.

Lord of the Rings Online launched a "classic legendary server" and it is was somewhat a success.

TERA launched Classic TERA and it is a success.

Many companies are lauching classic servers and showing very good feedback from it.
  16. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I'll give him credit for deflecting the best way he could. But anyone with eyes can see which it is(hint..It's not the player base that's as big). What I find interesting is I seem to come across two different types of people

1. People who have played long enough and know how dead the game truly is. Along with the harm that came from poor decisions.

2. People who seem to enjoy burying their head in the sand and denying it. Using excuses like "well you're still on game/forum. So how dead can it be". And bash you for even daring to say what's reality. Forgetting that you once loved the game as well. And still do to an extent.
    • Like x 1
  17. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Yes, the only two games I've ever heard of are DCUO and WoW- I should definitely be more like you and pay attention to every 3rd string mmo out there to see if they come out with a classic server.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

^^^^^^THIS IS 1000% CORRECT!!!!!

You have literally explained the community on a molecular level.
  19. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

you should because misinformation is more dangerous than just being plain oblivious. (Not saying you in particular.)
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

All your friends might come back and poke around but I guarantee not even half stick around. And s rolled back server would mean starting all over, not just simply porting your toon over.