(Devs) Roll Back Server.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I have not thought if this idea personally but I have come across quite a few people suggesting this as a solution for people who do not currently enjoy the revamp.

Would it be possible to make us a 2012-2014 server that brought back all of our old power Power Interaction abilities, old stat scaling and weapon damage? Would this server get all of its old PvP functions back and benefit from episode updates whenever you felt like releasing them to us? This would be a server (without artifacts) and such. It's kind of how like Wow has a classic server you can play differently from the live and up to date version.

Of course, once you make a new character the game will ask you which server would you like this character to be on so we will receive some type of information before selecting. This would help so new players get a heads up of which version of the game they would like to play so there is no confusion.

Again, this is for veteran players that do not enjoy the current revamp and are given an alternative while the people that do enjoy it can stay on their own side.

Can this be done?
    • Like x 7
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And divide the population even further?
    • Like x 16
  3. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord says he would pay money for this.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No. Just, no.
    • Like x 2
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm down for that but it wouldn't be in there best interest. The revamp was designed to bring in alot more money to the game. All that missing is a gear ranking system and a pet rank system. This game could make a killing and bring way more people that way and keep them active. Long after 1 month of an ep drop because no content would be locked all maps would be open for gear progression. Throw away the mark system and introduce exp per ko
    • Like x 1
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I would pay money for this :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How would this affect other platforms?

Xbox one and Switch weren't around for the Pre-AM era days.

Also: PVP doesn't get updated as it is.

I get the idea because WOW did it, but... let's be perfectly clear: Wow has a much bigger Dev-team and population; along with multiple servers. DCUO doesn't even come close.
    • Like x 4
  8. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  10. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Lol!
  11. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Why does it matter? You clearly like the revamp so you can stay on that side. I on the other hand would very much appreciate a throwback server. And why does population even matter if half of it isn't satisfied with the direction the game is heading?
    • Like x 2
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I say bring it on. I'm down for this and my money is ready.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

People are dissatisfied as it is. Whatever you think is wrong won't change the fact that multiple people are addresing their frustrations on the forums. You realize most of the reason people have left and more RNG TC and Artifacts were made in the first place was because of players departing from the game? They don't like the state that it's in. DC is to the point where they are keeping this game afloat thanks to people willing to spend a fortune on TC, Augments and Artifact xp and catalyst.
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Do you have a link to where you got this info from? And if this game is dying like you are asserting, it wouldn't be very smart to split what little population you think we have into basically 2 separate games. If people thing it takes too long for ques to pop or form groups through LFG now... Older players aren't guaranteed to come back either. Some might. But for how long? At this point it's just not worth the risk

Name me any moment in time where half this forum wasnt upset with game mechanics, powers, PvP, the direction this game is going, etc. This forum is not a representation of the majority of the players. There will always be something for all of us to complain about. Perfection doesn't exist. And even if we got this "legacy server", half of the players there will just complain about something in it too lol. Welcome to the internet and gaming in general. We are never happy.
    • Like x 2
  16. Awsome Well-Known Player

I think honestly this one of those things that just sounds way better in theory than in practice. I would be completely down for playing the game with the 2011-13 game mechanics but there is just too much of the game that was built around current mechanics that it is game breaking. Also, a significant chunk of the population would now be on a separate server, and would hurt the overall player base.

WoW I heard did this, but we don't have the player base that WoW has.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

"Can you share whether the game's player base is growing or stable?"

"I can tell you that basically the game is as big today as it was when I arrived. Now, whether that means revenue or player count I'm not allowed to share, but I can tell you that we have had an astonishing run the past four years. And like I said, we have not changed the size of our development team one bit."

This is from the developers own words. Instead of answering the question directly they chose an approach that sounded best for the masses. It's like our president not wanting to show his taxes if you catch my drift.
  18. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Lol No. Not gonna happen due to dividing Resources and Development. The game is not expansive enough to even consider such a thing. Best they focus what they got going now and what they can fix

I see your point though but this is not the correct way to do it on a development stand point has nothing to do with population if your arguing many will return thats so wrong were talking about the 1% here. Many are enjoying the game as it is. The only thing that would bring back quite a few would be a good pvp fix
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why does it matter? Because we don't have the healthy population that WoW has. Seriously.
    • Like x 2
  20. Isif Committed Player

Jackster/Mepps 2020.
    Ooops, wrong thread.:p
    • Like x 1