Fix might single target.. why is heat vision mandatory?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Feb 15, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Why do over majority of the powersets require heat vision to have reasonable damage output on single target? Very few powersets survive without heat vision.. hardlight, nature, celestial can still stand alone without heat vision.. but it’s practically a requirement for any other power set if they want to see decent numbers as might superpowered dps players.

Why is that? It makes no sense. Devs should at least introduce a might based artifact that buffs single target abilities in particular to compensate for lack of damage might powers suffer from on single target. You shouldn’t have to use heat vision or the solar amp artifact to feel good about your output.

That is not balance
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

on DMe 2nd boss one cant even use stationary channeling abilities...
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So we're just gonna pretend that Finishers weren't recently buffed up???o_O We're also supposed to make believe that there isn't an artifact that buffs up said beefed up finishers (La-Mort Card)??? o_O
    • Like x 8
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, I don’t know, but for example prec dps, is there something competitive with the DW? it was a rhetorical question ...
    The problem with ST is that in the game as a whole, there are very few competitive ST, might I would say in a better position than weapons ....
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shhhh… its not the meta so it doesnt exist… duh

;)
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t play might so I can’t say for certain but I’m guessing the issue with that is that finishers can’t be spammed, so you’re still having to use heat vision between finishers. Solar Amplifier giving empowered channeling and the biggest innate might of any artifact probably also makes it very hard to pass up on Heat Vision, even if you are using a La Mort/finishers build.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I use Munitions and Gadgets and they seem to do fine with burst damage and DOTS. I don't use heat vision on any of them and always in the top tier with both power sets. The Metal Part II Artifacts are also real field levelers. The increased Crit% and increased CRIT damage arts really help.
    • Like x 3
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm just trying to figure out when it was that the devs coded the game to actually give players the Heat Vision iconic power without a choice, thus making it a mandatory power to have. 'Cause I just finished taking a new character through the "level to 30" process and that never happened.

Then again, she is an Ice character and I took the Freezing Breath iconic power, so maybe that's the way to glitch it so you don't have to have Heat Vision. :p
    • Like x 1
  10. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Well said!

Personally I think this precision vs might debate is a bit overblown anyway. Many players tend to ignore the fact that actual player SKILL can be a difference maker that no powerset or loadout can top.
    • Like x 4
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I see lots of nature people use the super ability that sounds like a horse (don't know the game) and it annoying hearing every five seconds.

Sad to see Ice needs to use super breath to be competitive, it's just not heat vision.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Heat Vision isn't mandatory for ST. It just happens to be available to everyone and it slaps when paired with it's respective artifact. There are other options available for ST.
    • Like x 5
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Solar Amplifier has the highest Might of any artifact. So people are building their loadouts around the Artifact more than the power itself.

Then you're not doing it right. :)
    • Like x 3
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Heat Vision can't be spammed either. As far as spammable single target moves, that depends on the powerset. There are very few that have more than 2 single target moves, and even fewer with more than one spammable move.

How often is it necessary to focus on the boss with as little splash damage as possible??? If i'm correct that would two boss battles. Outside of that situation, might based boss damage seems to be in a good place.
    • Like x 2
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah sure btw i mean DMelite not DMevent
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

At 200, Grimorium Verum also gives 5% Might. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. krytine Loyal Player

For a long long time everyone wanted the iconic powers buffed to be better then normal powers now that heat vision is somewhat better your complaining about it. So no matter what ppl will complain just make the game more like the original version where different powers did different things some were kick ars at adds some were better at single targets some had better dots then others and yet others were a compound power that built on top of the previous power used. Make it more like that again and that way people pick the power that suits their play style and then devs you have every play style
  18. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Tetrahedron gives the most might despite having only 3%, since it's based on health. It's just that people are having issues with buffing other players. :rolleyes: But hey at least someone in group gotta have it, right :oops:

Not necessarily.
    I feel good about my damage output. I main ice, I'm doing fine without heat vision or any other iconic abilities, I don't even use Solar Amplifier at all - though that built-in Empowered Channeling mod at rank 200 sounds tempting. Though I tried heat vision couple of times out of curiosity, but didn't like it, it just doesn't fit in my rotation.
    In whatever elite content I can get, I'm doing fine. Sure my damage could probably be even higher by a small bit, but where I'm at I'm comfortable enough. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm Quantum and I just tried out Heat Vision for my single target loadout, and I did...less damage (even with amplified heat vision from the artifact) so o_O I don't know
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you for pointing that out.