New to the Nature scene.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've watched too many videos, and I'm sick of videos. Everyone and their cousin has the best loadout vs a sparring target/s. Not to mention, most videos have their artifacts near or maxed. So here's what I'm working with:
    I've got soul cloak and eye of Gemini both 80+ (one is 101). Can't remember 3rd artifact off hand, but it's only 46, so...

1. For running daily's, duo, alerts, as dps, what are some good loadout options. I'm not trying to top the scoreboard, I just don't want to be carried through.

2. What about a good raid loadout?

3. What form, if any, works best with the various styles of dps?

If possible, close range, and distance options please. And I'm begging you, please don't link me to another video.
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Another person switches to this cheesy power! So many nature dps nowadays...dont forget sonic cry for your loadout like all the others use..lol! Nah im kidding have fun with that!:D
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I've used every other healing power, except for nature, so I thought I'd give it a try. Aside from that, reasoning is: I've already got water. I'm seeing the only way to really to be successful with sorcery (which I really liked) is precision for dps, switched from electric (which is also fun).
    I definitely wanna stay away from the iconic powers. I don't want the 'flavour of the month' loadout lol. So many people running around with Sonic cry and heat vision, sure, it may do damage in high numbers, but I want to stick to nature to get a feel for it.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're not going to like my LOs but I can answer questions if you have them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Okay, I've got 2 armories for dps (3 total, 1 for healing, because I can easily swap a power or two for alert/raid).

What would be a good rotation for adds, and another for bosses?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

My go to for anything: Serpent Call, Briar, Thorn Burst, Sonic Cry :( , Savage Growth, Primal Wolf. Wolf LO is identical. Since adds die quickly there's little point in stacking all three poisons. You could sub out Briar for Vine Lash in your wolf LO just to have that option. In a duo I wouldn't waste the SC on adds unless it's a huge group which is rare or if there's a tank practicing pulls. The fun in this is jumping around in and out of melee as you need. Savage Growth has a knockdown which comes in handy if you need to reposition your character.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

love that emoji placement!..lol
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And then boss fights is Obsidian Chill's but without the weapon taps because it feels off: Serpent, Briar, Vine, Harvest, Voracious Plants, Gorilla. Groilla LO: Heat Vision :( , Impaling Thorn (JUMP), Zip Tie :( , Grapple :( , Harvest.
    Before I saw his LO my Gorilla LO was: Heat Vision :( , Impaling Thorn, Savage Growth, Voracious Plant, Harvest.

You could sub Gorilla for Wolf but Impaling Thorn will be single target. I would not use these LOs if the fight requires you to switch back to recast poisons (ie Etrigan fight in JLD alert). Gorilla is an expensive SC compared to Wolf. You could also use Insectoid in those rare instances where flying has an unbalanced advantage.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I find offense in that!!! Leave my flight alone!! Speed has whirling dervish, acro has zip tie, flight has a safe space lol
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'd give you a hug but your arms are full from hugging the ceiling.
    • Like x 2
  11. L T Devoted Player

Not really a hard core Nature player, but what I've been doing is running 3 dots, burst, harvest, gorilla

In gorilla I run 2 dots, voracious, impaling, harvest, wolf

In wolf I run 2 dots, harvest, heat vision, impaling, gorilla

Basically I'm using wolf for single target and gorilla for AOE, and swapping back and forth between the 2 forms to proc eye of Gemini and keep 3 dots up.
    • Like x 1